Feeling like an outsider

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trax

As a child of God, I am starting to feel like an outsider, in the
church, the body of Christ. I have tried repeatedly to get people
to stop focusing on "self" and focus on the Lord. I have tried to instruct
and correct. Some people agree with me and some disagree.
But I really don't see where I have accomplished one single thing
here. And the way the church is going, I'm the outsider now, for
sticking with the tried and true. It is very easy to develop an Elijah
complex these days, if one commits to the Lord, and doesn't run with the
crowd.

Sorry if I got a little arrogant with anyone or was insulting in anyway.
But I guess its best I go stand alone with the Lord for awhile.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I know how you feel. Although I don't feel like a complete outsider at my church (there are several very strong, committed Christians with whom I am friends), with the rest of them I feel like I lead a different life than they do. And it's even worse when I'm "out in the real world."

All I can say is that God is sanctifying us -- setting us apart.

It's lonely, however.

S

samster1z

That's a good thing, and I've encountered the same thing. What I come to realize that there are many false Christians within our churches. They adopt worldy views of love everyone, that everyone is your brother, that everyone is a child of God. These people are the most disgusting, revolting group of people I have ever come across. And it's not because of those points, but rather they are full of evil inside, and hypocrisy that burns my anger. They are children of false light. Come and look at these false Christians who make up this forum:

BTW, these Christians on these forums and a lot of Christians now want to reject Paul's teachings from God(who was a Jew himself with wisdom and knowledge of God's word), and probably the Old Testament(this is evident in this video as well):

A Church Divided: Christians Debate Homosexuality - YouTube

I have tried to preach to them and change them but they reject wisdom and knowledge. I've noticed many times they attack me with out of verse context, and their error is that they lack understanding. I question their faith.

Last edited:

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I have yet to find more than a very small handful of people that understand radical purity and being holy as Christ is holy. Hang in there. We aren't called to change anyone. We are called to speak the truth, edify and encourage, and to be like Christ. :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
That's a good thing, and I've encountered the same thing. What I come to realize that there are many false Christians within our churches. They adopt worldy views of love everyone, that everyone is your brother, that everyone is a child of God. These people are the most disgusting, revolting group of people I have ever come across. And it's not because of those points, but rather they are full of evil inside, and hypocrisy that burns my anger. They are children of false light. Come and look at these false Christians who make up this forum:

BTW, these Christians on these forums and a lot of Christians now want to reject Paul's teachings from God(who was a Jew himself with wisdom and knowledge of God's word), and probably the Old Testament(this is evident in this video as well):

A Church Divided: Christians Debate Homosexuality - YouTube

I have tried to preach to them and change them but they reject wisdom and knowledge. I've noticed many times they attack me with out of verse context, and their error is that they lack understanding. I question their faith.

Wow........... :) you really got that "love thy neighbor" commandment that Jesus gave us nailed down........good for you! :)

O

overcomer2

This topic made me think of this scripture:
[h=3]2 Corinthians 6:16-18[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.