FEELING LIKE I WILL NEVER CHANGE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lcerveny

I have been struggling with trying to be Christian. I don't think there is one person that I work with who loves the Lord. I feel all alone at work. I feel different. I feel like I cannot make a difference. I feel like I fail God daily. Please give me some advice so I will not give up. When will I ever look at these lost people and feel compassion instead of hatred? I feel hatred because they make fun of my conservative views. HELP!

May 18, 2010
Hey there, I think most of us can relate, I felt hopelessly attached to my sinful ways, until i noticed things finally beginning to change in that I was being set free, and the shackles began to simply fall off my wrists and ankles. You too will experience this once you come close enough to God, He will do this for you, and it's not what the world thinks of us that will matter any longer, since we are not of this world, and the world hates us because it hated Christ, whom we stand for. The thing is there's really nothing happy go lucky about the lifestyle of a Christian, other than our future freely given heavenly reward by salvation. We will face persecution and we will face various trials and tribulations. We find peace in knowing the promise which is only drawing nearer each day to us. I hope this helps and doesn't lead you to be a fair weathered Christian, who turn away from the faith after that the going gets tough. Hang in there for now is the Lord closer than ever before, and we will soon be caught up with Him in the clouds, minister to the lost, to those that will hear and listen. Be of good cheer and great faith, continue in the progress of the Christian lifestyle. God be with and for you. Amen.

R

reject-tech

Praying for you, and them.
I struggle with the same love/hate attitude towards the thieves that are always casing my house.
But I do pray for them. More for their own safety than mine, cause I have little left except a 44 mag and a bible.
And God only knows whether I'd give them the law or the prophets lol.

Seriously though, it's normal, God's prophets felt cut off, shut in, and alone.

J

Jesus_lover_of_my_soul

Be still and know that I am with you. Psalm 46:10

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
I have been struggling with trying to be Christian. I don't think there is one person that I work with who loves the Lord. I feel all alone at work. I feel different. I feel like I cannot make a difference. I feel like I fail God daily. Please give me some advice so I will not give up. When will I ever look at these lost people and feel compassion instead of hatred? I feel hatred because they make fun of my conservative views. HELP!
Here are the words from someone's blog.

However, Jesus understood two important truths:
1) Everyone is created in God's image. So if we are worthy of love, so is everyone else because of who made them. 2) Because of sin, we're all really unlovable. But Christ changed the rules by offering love, grace and forgiveness (Romans 5:8). If God can love us, surely we can love those around us.
But how do we do it?
Recently, I heard a pastor give a sermon about John 13. It changed how I view treating the hard-to-like people around me.Here's the big thing the pastor said that blew my mind: At the Last Supper, Jesus was in the same room with a bunch of people about to betray him, deny him and desert him. And he knew it. Talk about hard-to like people. But what does Jesus do? "He got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him" (John 13:4-5, NIV).
Whoa. He's surrounded by guys who don't deserve his love or respect. And he washes their feet.
Right here, Jesus shows how to love the unlovables. It's not to just tolerate them. Or just not make fun of them. Or to pretend you love them. Instead, we should serve them.

L

lcerveny

I thank all of you for sharing. yac11...your story makes sense but I am not Jesus. That is very hard to do. I will not give up as My Lord will finish what he started in me!

B

bomba

Hi! Icerveny!

I'm a Christian, I love God, and have great faith, and belief in him. You're a very courageous person, and I think highly of you. Can I ask you a question? How do you go about bringing up the issues of the word of God? Because I have family members, two cousins that are pastors, and a brother n law that's a preacher, but for diff. churches. So some of their view points for certain, verses are not the same. That's why it's said it's not good to argue about religion, sorry I'm not saying that that's the topic you bring up. It's just an example, in other words you can only do so much to try to help a person find Jesus. If they choose not to listen to the word of God which you're trying to help them learn then change the topic. After all it's their loss, and your gain, because God is adding a point to your name for each time that you try to speak his word. He doesn't just give you a mark for each person that you save because that person you're trying to save has to want to save him or herself. Take care! Good luck, and God! Bless

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
It is VERY hard not to feel resentment for people you work with and who belittle you. I can see why you're having a hard time loving these people. You may just have to accept them the way they are :). Which would mean not trying to change them. If you haven't 'convinced' them yet of your point of view(s), it probably isn't going to happen.

Since you can't change them, you'll have to change the way to act with them, or change jobs. Some may say 'why would I have to change the way I act or what I say or what I think...isn't this hypocrisy?'. But I think this can be the ultimate way of showing Christ's love for people. It's like saying 'I'll still love you, even if we are very different from each other; even if we disagree'. It would be true acceptance of people for who they are, not who you want them to be.

Find the good things in these people and emphasize them. Comment on them, uplift them in their gifts. Everybody has good things in them....find those things and build on them. When we become positive people, our light can truly shine.

It may take awhile for the atmosphere in the workplace to change...but it will! They will begin to respond to you differently.

I'm NOT saying to use false flattery or manipulative comments. But to truly see them as Christ sees them and react to them accordingly.

Attending church and growing Christian relationships can really give you the Christian support you need. And find positive people! People who are filled with gratitude.....this rubs off :)

S

Share55

I have found that the best way to witness God is by not preaching but by doing.
One of my friends posted something that said 'If you don't fit then you must be doing right' or something to that effect.
Choosing to travel the road least traveled makes for a lonely journey but we are told that 'whatever is right, whatever is good, whatever is just that do'
I have been ostracized most of my life because of it but what would you rather, jump off the bridge and die to follow their foolishness and be accepted or stay the course with Jesus and be blessed?
It is always our choice.

Do your work and stick up for yourself if need be. If they are so out right laughing at you tell them their life is their choice and you are proud of who you are and not led around by the nose not able to make your own decisions or dare to walk your own path. There is no reason for anger or cruelty just a simple statement that quiets the rattling tongues should suffice.
Usually people laugh at you because they feel inferior or afraid of the power that be but in God we have no reason to fear principalities or powers. ;)
Hugs and prayers <3

Last edited:
T

tiffanystx

Unfortunately, there are hardened hearts our there, or those who would rather make fun of instead of taking time to listen to someone else's story and maybe learn something.

Personally, I feel the workplace is not a place to share political, religious, child-rearing, etc, philosophies unless it's with someone who I already know is very receptive/on the same page. Even then, I keep it light because work is work, and part of keeping a professional environment is keeping the focus on getting the job done.

Workplace drama good or bad, detracts from that focus. I agree with Share55 that it's not always about sharing your beliefs but actually setting that example every day. Someone may actually ponder why you always seem happy, positive, just glad to come to work every day. They may go as far as to emulate this behavior, and maybe even ask you about it. If you feel this person is genuine, maybe go to lunch together, and let them ask some questions.

Oct 31, 2011
I remember what it is like to live in a world that knows about the world of the spirit among people who build their world excluding any of that. I never told my coworkers because I knew they were completely blind and couldn't understand, but they knew God was with me. Sometimes they would come to me and ask about things. We had a ministers wife who handled it by loudly doing unchristian things. She was the leader in gossip and put downs, for instance. I liked my quiet way better.

Even with the great differences you have with them in understanding, there usually are much of God born into them, like love of a laugh, enjoying a beautiful day, loving their children that you can share. Just letting the security and joy you have in the Lord show is a bridge between the worlds.

It is as if with prayer and scripture, something inside of you grows so you and God become enough and with this growth the yearning to share in the life of those people lessens.

Even my family, now I am so very elderly, has pushed me aside. Phone conversations have become too cumbersome, even, and it is hard to get around with my eyesight. Yet, that is not the boundaries of my world, altho it is wonderful to get out where there are people to listen to. An hour in my rocker with David in the psalms fills me now, just as a party fills many people. When I was in my 40's I wouldn't have believed this could happen.

K

kegoliciouz

BE LOUD AND UNASHAMED !!!!!!!!!!!!!U GOTTA BE DIFFERENT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. God loves you dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

Nancyer

Prayers for you in your struggle. I wonder if you have a good church family? That can be your strength.

I know how difficult it can be when those around you are cruel or at the very least just don't understand. Be as good, kind, patient, loving and helpful as you can. Christians should be visible if not audible. Others will get the message or at least see that you practice what you aren't preaching. This will also let them know you are open when someone does feel the need to talk or ask questions.

Again, prayers for strength, we've all been through it in one way or another and will no doubt go through it again.

God Bless you,

U

Ugly

You get teased, which is aggravating, i know. But sometimes keep perspective helps. Consider what Jesus went through. He was not only teased, but mocked, beaten and crucified. Or even the apostles, many of whom spent time in prison or were martyred for their faith. Its easy, especially in America, to get so bothered by these things, but when we consider the people beaten, tortured or killed on a daily basis for believing what you believe, it may help to ease the frustration.
This is not meant to say you shouldn't feel frustrated, but rather a way to keep it in check and remember you have it easier than many others.

C

CHRISTENE

John 6:44
6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Matthew 11:27
11:27
"................... No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Matthew5:16
5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

1 Peter 2:12
2:12
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

Dec 19, 2009
Pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17 RSV).

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
This thread shows how we love one another , just as Jesus love us God bless :)

Trust in the Lord he change your heart the moment you belive in what he did for you , keep doing good , God is building you up to be stronger than you think you are hang in there you can do it :)

Proverbs 3

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:2For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
4So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Last edited:
S

samster1z

Don't worry I feel the same way. There is a lot of 'Christians' who are deceived on here. Who support masturbation, who lead astray other Christians with worldly doctrines. Please don't give up. I am a Conservative, no I'm more far right. I'm a nationalist. There seems to be many false Christians on this forum who adopt doctrines from Demons, and Worldy views. I've experienced it, that's why I wish to leave this forum.

Neither do they have understand of the word of God, instead throw out random verses that are out of context that don't apply to a lot of situations. Be strong; I am rejected by the liberal world of America. I am rejected by the average westerner/wordly person because of my views. I am rejected by everyone.

Last edited: