Feeling lonely..help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eunice2011

Hi friends,

i'm a new member who searching for what God want me to do in my age.

i'm 26 this year and already have a job, good job, lovely parents and brother + sister in law.

i think i'm in "comfort zone" right now, and i am just struggling find life partner.

sometimes it's really bored just do the same things every day,, work, eat, watching movie, sleep..

and i am thinking " is this the life that God already bought at the cross?"

i am always thinking i should get a big thing to please Him, like get scholarship, get promotion in job, etc

but i know it's not for Him, it's to pleasure my self..

so how can i life as i should live ?

sometimes i think i should do painful thing like become misionary, etc..

but is that the right thing..??

i don't know what God from me in my age..and i am worry if i pass this time,

in the future i will look back and feel sorry for what i haven't done yet.

So what should i do??? it seems that i feel empty and tired..

is every body feel same like me ? is it normal ?

anybody can help me?

i can think logically and biblical but may be what i need is sharing for you friends so i feel normal
(if it's normal)

help me to not do anything crazy to fill in my empty heart and please help me by praying.

Thanks a lot for reading my sharing..

Gbus

X

xJoe

God is worried most of all about yours and his relationship. As you read and learn more about him he will become more real to you. As you fall in love with Jesus you will understand that people are lost and going to hell and YOU can make a difference. Ask you church how you can help further the cause. The church is not just there for you to go to a worship but for you to get active and start serving God. Make sense?

E

Eunice2011

hufh...it makes sense..it just.. the first step is very hard..but i will try it :) thanks 4 responding

A

AnandaHya

calm your mind, God got it under control. we just have to praise Him even if the storm yells for us to pay attention to the waves, look and keep your eyes towards the Kingdom of God. Pray to Jesus to deliver you and HE WILL.

YouTube - Casting Crowns Praise You In The Storm

Lord, deliver us, in jesus name we pray, amen

J

Jimmy47

I think if you want to fill up that emptiness you feel then you should try and get more involved with the church. You could ask about helping out there for example.

L

loveasaweapon

Hi Eunice2011--

I definitely agree with the last post from Jimmy about getting more involved in your church. I really don't think there is anything in life more fulfilling than serving our God.

I just turned 28 this month. I was recently feeling similar feelings to some of the feelings you described. I was going to college, majoring in business, and I was extremely unhappy. Not necessarily with my present circumstances, but with the direction I saw my life going. I came to the realization that that unhappiness stemmed from going in a different direction with my life than what God would have of me. I switched majors, I will be transferring to Moody Bible Institute in the fall (where I actually took some classes years ago), and I intend to go into full time ministry. It was the best thing I could have done--it was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders, and I am confident that whatever the outcome, I am following the will of God. The same is true for you--not necessarily in the specifics, but in the general idea. I would recommend that you just concentrate on drawing closer to God, getting more involved with your church, spending time with God on your own time, and just seeking His will for your life.

God bless

G

GreenNnice

Gbus, it's funny how God works in our lives, sometimes what He What she says to Les this is plain as the nose on our face. and from just reading your post I want you to think about how God is in our lives all the time and the things yourself said in this post you made, I want you To think about all the things that you said in your post above like the part about you know you don't want to get a scholarship or something else well see that as that is God talking to you right now :) God will bless you for following your thoughts above, pray and ask Him, maybe you indeed are being called to be a missionary. I suggest You read a wonderful book Buy Christian and Lady Elizabeth Elliott it's called passion and purity and it is about a missionary news about the lady who wait on God like that wonderful verse in the Bible Isaiah 40:31 God bless you

Aug 2, 2009
Hi friends,

i'm a new member who searching for what God want me to do in my age.

i'm 26 this year and already have a job, good job, lovely parents and brother + sister in law.

i think i'm in "comfort zone" right now, and i am just struggling find life partner.

sometimes it's really bored just do the same things every day,, work, eat, watching movie, sleep..

and i am thinking " is this the life that God already bought at the cross?"

i am always thinking i should get a big thing to please Him, like get scholarship, get promotion in job, etc

but i know it's not for Him, it's to pleasure my self..

so how can i life as i should live ?

sometimes i think i should do painful thing like become misionary, etc..

but is that the right thing..??

i don't know what God from me in my age..and i am worry if i pass this time,

in the future i will look back and feel sorry for what i haven't done yet.

So what should i do??? it seems that i feel empty and tired..

is every body feel same like me ? is it normal ?

anybody can help me?

i can think logically and biblical but may be what i need is sharing for you friends so i feel normal
(if it's normal)

help me to not do anything crazy to fill in my empty heart and please help me by praying.

Thanks a lot for reading my sharing..

Gbus
The one thing I find glaringly absent from your life based on what you wrote is....

Dating.

So why is it you are not excited to find a mate? You seem to have everything going for you and its just natural to want to find love isn't it? I think that maybe you need to get out and meet people or ask out someone you already like. There's always online dating sites too. Is there something stopping you? Self esteem issues? Too shy? Lets talk about it.

You might think that finding love is a selfish want but what was God's first command to Adam and Eve... be fruitful and multiply!

Last edited:
A

annie123

You must ask Jesus to fill you with the Holy Spirit, to fill up that "empty space"... the others are right, go more to church (not saying youre not), and ask the other fellow believers to pray with you! Ask Jesus if you can have a personal relationship with Him!

And remember your time and God's time are not the same... :)

He will send the right person to you in His time, when He thinks its time!

J

jonnoboy

Bless ya.... I think the main thing is to talk to God I know you probably do but how do you feel after the chat? If you feel up lifted then this is helpful, I too am worried about this i mean i am only 21 at the moment but I am worried about never having a "life partner" and dying a lonely old man watching the children play outside throught a dusty old window whilst in a dark house with nothing but cats around me... (perhaps I have been watchin too many movies :p) but just trust in him, thats what i am going too do and hey if ur not married by 40, call me and we cd marry each other?! LOL i tease ya but on a serious note just dnt let it get you down, we are all here on earth with VERY different lives no-ones is right no-ones is wrong if you want to "better yourself" then how do you think God is going to see you and why do u want to "better yourself" God made you that person he will guide you but trust is they key word here...Please Please trust in him and he will give you what he wants and what you want.......!
I hope this helps a little sorry if it doesnt please feel free to chat on email etc. I can assure you now ur NOT on ur own right!!
God bless ya and I will Pray for you !!

Love

Jonno

C

ChristianTeen

The one thing I find glaringly absent from your life based on what you wrote is....

Dating.

So why is it you are not excited to find a mate? You seem to have everything going for you and its just natural to want to find love isn't it? I think that maybe you need to get out and meet people or ask out someone you already like. There's always online dating sites too. Is there something stopping you? Self esteem issues? Too shy? Lets talk about it.

You might think that finding love is a selfish want but what was God's first command to Adam and Eve... be fruitful and multiply!

Lol, some people are simply called to the single life..:p Not everyone has to marry. :) Not saying that this is what the original poster is called to, but just throwing that out there. :)