Feeling sad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lihle

I'm feeling sad today, it would have been my husband's 45th birthday today. I know most of you guys will tell me to move on(been advised so many times here) but I can't help to feel sad, I even woke up with a terrible headache. I pray that God help me to get through this day.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Maybe its just timely i'm here, but we all know how that feels. Right now im not saying that. bec. i too have so many reasons i feel that way. People are allowed to grieve, and while i only read parts of ur other thread, let me just say i feel for you and wish there was more i could do. But that is the Holy Spirit's specialty. No one could replace him, but may God truly love and comfort you in ways you never imagined. God bless you, lihle.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Sending some hugs and prayers as you remember this special date of your husband's birthday. These occasions can be a trigger, and it is ok to grieve.

N

NewWine

I couldn't possibly tell you to simply move on. Grief is a very personal thing, and we all grieve in our own way in our own time. What I can tell you is that God understands grief better than we ever can. He is carrying you sister. One day, you will see this day come and celebrate the years you shared.
I am praying for you,
Peace

A

atwhatcost

I'm feeling sad today, it would have been my husband's 45th birthday today. I know most of you guys will tell me to move on(been advised so many times here) but I can't help to feel sad, I even woke up with a terrible headache. I pray that God help me to get through this day.
July 5. My parent's wedding day. Mom tried to divorce Dad in 1971-1972, but she died before she got that divorce. July 5th still gives me some sorrow. Not great anymore, but the sigh is still there.

December 6. My mother's birthday. It still makes me sigh and think of all I wish she had found out about how things turned out for the kids she loved so much. I would have loved to have her spend a day with hubby. I can see them both with a huge mug of coffee at our back table, smoking and she laughing that I could make the garden she could not, all the while laughing at me because I still can't use a sewing machine.

There are dates that will always make us sad. I see no problem with that. It's a time of reflection. Some reflection helps us look boldly into the future, so, why not?

Just because you woke up with a huge headache doesn't mean the day will be terrible. Feel free to spend your mind on your hubby. You'll remember good times, so it's not all bad! A great love is never a terrible thing.

S

sassylady

I hate that "move on" thing. We all heal differently and it's not as simple as just moving on. Other people put more pressure on us to get over things than we do on ourselves, and it is really not any of their business to tell somebody that. It's one thing if you can't function for a day without crying and grieving, even after 10 years, and another to still feel sadness on certain days. If you are noticing less and less times when you do feel sad, you are healing and moving on.

I was just thinking today about this same type of thing. My ex molested our daughters, it has been almost 11 years and I still have days when I can cry because of the sadness of the entire situation, how horrible it is to make a choice that causes you to lose everything. I've wondered am I alright if I can still cry. But I have less and less days when I even think about it, don't think about our former anniversary or his birthday. So I am moving on.

Whether it's death or another situation, a sad thing is always sad.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Thinking of you and praying for you. He was only young and it must be so hard for you to loose your husband. As other's have said each person grieves differently. My mum was 45 years old when she died, life changed for my Dad and he had to find a new normality. Her birthday, their anniversary and the date of her death were always particularly difficult days for him.

Feb 7, 2015
It passes. Anymore, though I notice the dates, (sometimes), they are finally not much more than just another day to me now..... wife, child, both parents.

R

Rudimental

Time is the greatest healer. Next to God.

I'd like to say that it gets easier. But the truth is, it doesn't really get any easier. But we do get stronger and grow the skills to learn to live with it that much more each time.

Just know that, you will be reunited one day and that this life will pale into insignificance compared to the life that is to come to all who are called according to His will.

God bless you and chin up! :)

A

atwhatcost

Did you have good memories of your hubby? Did you have moments when you enjoyed the memories?

Dec 19, 2009
It takes time to heal from a loss of someone you love. I've never married, but it was very sad when my dad died. Now, however, he has become a very pleasant memory, and I look forward to seeing him in the next life.

Feb 1, 2015
You keep carrying that torch for him until God says, It's time to open a new chapter in your life. Your sadness is completely normal. :)

zoii

Banned
Apr 8, 2015
Massive hugs for u. Special dates bring emotions to the surface. You see the thing about grief is that it has a short shelf-life for friends n supports. But as weeks pass they move on and your left alone with your pain. Its not that they are horrible, its just they are walking a path and just stop for a moment to help. But for you the shelf-life goes on n on and dates like this show how much u still miss him. Its not a bad thing.... its symbolic of the love u have... that your sad is kinda nice providing it doesnt rule you. But i just think your remembering n thats lovely

Hugs for u ☺
Zoii

U

Ugly

A wonderful book to read when grieving is C. S. Lewis' 'A Grief Observed'. It is kind of the personal journal he kept after his wife died of cancer and what he went through afterwards. Realizing that what you're thinking and feeling is not limited to you, but seeing someone else explain the very same kinds of things you're going through can be a comfort. And some of his insights into the grieving process help as well. It's a short book and should be inexpensive but holds a lot of value in it's words.