feeling...stressed...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Psalm_69

idk what to do i feel like im in a complete mess and have no way out.

i feel trapped in the secular world surrounded by unspiritual people who all make fun of the thought of Jesus and what He has done for us...
its driving me nuts. as much as a lot of people i know around here have good intetntions they live ungodly and just want to get by another day and that just depresses me

my family i was adopted into believe in spiritualism and surround themselves with idols of all kinds. now that i've let Christ in my heart its breaking me apart seeing everyone live the way they choose to.

im a new mom.. my bf.. our sons dad.. is trying to provide for us.. but basically right now im living with my parents and have no where else to go.. i hate feeling i have to rely on other people i wish i could go out and provide for my son and I.. i feel like nothing is getting done to get us out of here and i just want to move out on our own into and make a good christian home for us..

i wish we could attend church every sabbath.. i wish we could do worship every morning and night in our own home.. i wish i felt free... but i dont feel free.. i feel hopeless and like im already on satans side.. because if im not living for Christ im living for satan and i hate that thought..

my parents are doing renovations on a house we all grew up in so me and my little one can move into and rent there... but its taking forever to get it done. they say a couple weeks and its been over a month.. they say another week and i dont think its gonna be done bby thenn.. im growing very impatient and i wish we could be free to do our daily worship.. but its their house.. their rules.. and they dont want any of that christian stuff going on because they had to go through the hell of residential and catholic school way back when..

i want a good life for my son.. and i want to be married to his father.. we both want to be..

i just dont know what to do.. it stresses me out everyday and gives me massive headaches..

Jan 22, 2011
Hit Like so I could get a notification and reply back. Anyway.
Ms. Psalm. I know what you're going through. I feel the same way sometimes. Regarding you being with your parents. Same here I live with my mom. My dad just move out.There are over thousands of people who are going through the same things as us, or maybe worst. We all want something that make us happy, but getting it seem like it taking forever.
That is when stress, depression etc start kicking in. The crazy thing is if we let those stress, depression get to us it will make things even worst. The last 26 days for the first time in my life. I thought about suicide, but lucky I think that I have a guardian angel who is always there to comfort me and give me hope(so do you you have a guardian angel).
This are the few words or saying I always say to myself to give me hope."There are people who are worst of then you" "You can't see the future" "Everyone have been there even Jesus, Paul, Peter, John etc" a place where it seem there is no hope.

W

wwjd_kilden

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven,
for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

As for living just to get by another day: I believe in the promise of God and salvation through Christ, but I still have to live one day at the time... :)
Being a Christian does not change that. It just gives a better goal than, uhm, "disappearing" once it's all over.

S

shekaniah

Father breath Your Love, Joy, Strength and grace Into Psalm_69's life.
Bless her and keep her, shine Your light upon her.
In Jesus Name, Amen

I

Indubitably

When the desires of your heart are toward God and worshipping aand serving and establishing a solid Christian home, where worship abounds, He will SURELY give you the desires of your heart. God has to work through people to change your life and place you in that position where you desire to be. Keep seeking Him and stay in His Word. Daily express to Him these desires. He will answer.. just in time! You are on my prayer list.

S

Stephen

Allow your troubles to bring you closer to HIM. Immerse yourself in HIS word and surrender these troubles to your Heavenly Father. Nobody can stop you from studying His word. Do it private if you have to.
Be patient He has you where He wants you even though you may not see it now.
Live your life according to His commands. Remember you represent His kingdom and for many around you may be the only Christ they see. So put on His armour and be Christ-like in ALL you do as unbelievers are watching closely.

God Bless

U

Ugly

Sounds like you are having a problem of gratitude. Sure, the situation you're in may not be ideal, or what YOU want, but you still have some form of family support, a place to live, a man in your life willing to do his best to stay with you and your child (whereas many men run out when their girlfriend gets pregnant). Maybe its time to stop expecting things to go your way, and show God you can be grateful for the blessings in your life. Following God isn't about making your life work out and go all right and according to your plan. Part of following God is persecution, having to go through valleys, as well as peaks.
Also, bear in mind, you're still young and you have a lot of time and life ahead of you. It may seem hopeless now, but you have to realize the future is so wide open that you never know what good things can be around the corner.
Its good and fine to have goals, and to want to improve your life, but being a Christian is about learning to be happy in any circumstance, its about trusting in God whether your in the hills or the valleys. Its about not letting the world around you dictate your happiness and joy, but knowing that your joy comes from your relationship with Jesus, no matter what else is going on. Not letting the people around you determine the strength of your faith. But maintaining a faith and trust in God that sustains you through all things, good and bad.
Lastly, expect persecution for your faith. The bible makes it clear it will happen. Look at the Apostles, most of them died violent deaths and/or spent many years in prison for their faith. There was no living in their parents spare room, having a loving spouse, a cute baby to come home to. These guys traveled around preaching, and not knowing if they were eat, have a place to sleep or end up in prison for it.
I know all about hard times, and i can sympathize with you, believe it or not. But because of my hard times, i've learned these lessons. I do hope things can improve for you, but at the same time i want to see you grow in your walk and understanding and to learn the lessons that will help you.