Fight The Good Fight Of Faith,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Monday 6-19-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Sivan 30 5783, 92nd. Spring Day

1 Timothy 6

1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It’s amazing when we realize many of there letters were written from prisons as they were being persecuted even as they awaited execution . Paul before his second answer before Nero after having been delivered once miraculously now he knows he’s about to be departing

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:6-8, 11, 16-19‬ ‭

the early church was going through terrible tribulation and persecutions when the nt was written and they gave thier lives keeping our faith preserved pretty amazing I really hope to sit somewhere in eternity and talk with Paul about his journeys in the lord

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Fight the good fight of Faith ------

Another statement that is not talked about in main stream churches ------OH Faith is talked about for sure in Church -----but what does it really means to Fight the Good Fight of Faith ------I wonder How many True Christians understand the endurance ---stamina and sheer boldness in trusting and obeying God that it takes to Fight the Good Fight of Faith -----

Not many of us will ever conquer Fighting the Good Faith of Faith like Paul did in my opinion ------

Easy to talk the talk but very hard to walk that talk till our end ------

Fighting the Good Fight of Faith is being Grounded and Rooted in the Word relying totally on the Power of The Holy Spirit to guide you through this wicked life we live in ------laying down our emotional feelings and our humanist reasoning and desires so we stay on a righteous path till our end comes -----

Jesus said this and it comes with the highest level of trust ---endurance ---stamina ---and self control ---not many of us will ever really finish the race of Fighting the Good Fight of Faith --being and staying a Carnal Christian will not make the cut ----

1687293062573.jpeg

Only a True Mature Spiritual Man even has a chance of finishing the Good Fight of Faith ------

1687293927700.jpeg

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Fight the good fight of Faith ------

Another statement that is not talked about in main stream churches ------OH Faith is talked about for sure in Church -----but what does it really means to Fight the Good Fight of Faith ------I wonder How many True Christians understand the endurance ---stamina and sheer boldness in trusting and obeying God that it takes to Fight the Good Fight of Faith -----

Not many of us will ever conquer Fighting the Good Faith of Faith like Paul did in my opinion ------

Easy to talk the talk but very hard to walk that talk till our end ------

Fighting the Good Fight of Faith is being Grounded and Rooted in the Word relying totally on the Power of The Holy Spirit to guide you through this wicked life we live in ------laying down our emotional feelings and our humanist reasoning and desires so we stay on a righteous path till our end comes -----

Jesus said this and it comes with the highest level of trust ---endurance ---stamina ---and self control ---not many of us will ever really finish the race of Fighting the Good Fight of Faith --being and staying a Carnal Christian will not make the cut ----

View attachment 252549

Only a True Mature Spiritual Man even has a chance of finishing the Good Fight of Faith ------

View attachment 252550
The good thing about walking by faith with Jesus is that he’s our savior even when we fail notice peters grasp of faith and where it comes from “if Jesus says is it will be so “

“And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come.

And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:28-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a he doesn’t let Peter drown or disown him because his faith failed for a moment but Peter called out to him “save me lord “ knowing Jesus loves him and will save him and of course Jesus doesn’t fail Peter as peters faith failed Peter because of fear and circumstances

“ wow im walking on water , wait this isn’t supposed to happen the waves the winds oh no “

ashen peters focus was on Christ calling him by word he was filled with faith to walk but then he looked at the world for a moment and began to sink

Jesus is spectacular , and he’s always our savior even after we say we believe this doesn’t cease Gods mercy it causes it to flow abundantly .

when we fail sometimes and we call out to him knowing he will save us because of his love and mercy towards us he will do it not just once but always if we’re truly following him disciples are disciples whether perfect or not if he’s truly got our heart he’s never going to forsake us even if we’ve done wrong

Aussie52

Aug 31, 2022
I find the Christian life is a fight with the world, the flesh and the Devil.
It takes effort on our part as well as that of God, to live the Christian Life.
There is a view out there of "Let go and let God", a kind of passivity, that is very harmful.
I remember as a young Christian being told to stop trying and start trusting.
It only left me defeated and frustrated.
I must do my part with God's enabling and he will do His part.
Yes, the Christian Life is a fight of faith.