Fighters Unwanted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

strawberryfizz

I am quite new to this site, just a few weeks here.
I am thoroughly blest thru this site where I now find a lot of support and encouragement.

However, I noticed that, while we all do have the freedom to speak our hearts and minds, some people who don't agree with other people's words, opinions, ideas and views are quite offensive by putting it out there for everyone to see. I believe most of us, if not all, do not appreciate that. Isn't this a Christian website to start with? As I see it, most people who are here are here because they want a Christian environment online. By that I mean, one that is devoid of embarassment, judgments/condemnation, sarcasm, and all sorts of negativity. So I would like to suggest a function that would like allow us to notify moderators of such unpleasant acts when they occur on any forum because I believe, it is not edifying and it has got to stop. Members who do it could probably be notified through a private message or their posts could be blocked/deleted. While I have not yet been a victim of rash comments or reactions here, I must say, they are inappropriate and this site should not tolerate them.

U

Ugly

It already exists. Top right corner of every post is a button that says 'rap'. That's a report button. You press it on the offensive post, put in a brief explanation and it forwards it to mod-town. Make sure to press it on the appropriate post, not the first post in the thread.
But i suggest not over using it. If you report every time someone gets a little snippy or a bit inappropriate they will likely stop taking most of your reports seriously.
While we are Christians, we're also imperfect and where large groups of people with varying opinions gather, there's going to be some heat. If you go to the Bible Forum, you will see two 'sticky' posts explaining the guidelines and standards for what is worth reporting and what is not.

S

strawberryfizz

Ok thanks, God bless you