fighting depression, i hope this encourages someone . . .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

living4Him93

so this is a new way i am trying to battle depression. i am choosing to trust God rather than the things of this world. i wrote this to remind myself of the things that i can do. so here it is . . .

I am not a victim - I am the perpetrator
I can choose guilt - I can choose Jesus
I can be a narcissist - I can focus on others
I can live for happiness - I can live for God

I have choices.

Choose Jesus over guilt. Choose God over death. Choose others instead of me. Live for Him. Live for others. Keep the focus on Him, not on me. Cry out. Ask for forgiveness. Ask for wisdom. Ask for guidance. Don't search for happiness. Search for God. Pursue holiness. Not happiness. Don't follow the rut. Make new roads. Don't find comfort in the world. Find comfort in Jesus. Don't remember the past. Remember the cross.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Don't be willful. Surrender to Him.
Love Him.
Praise Him.​
***​
we need to remember that we do have some amount of control. we are not victims. depression is a symptom of a deeper problem. you can treat the symptom with medication, but the main problem will still be there. whether that problem is fearing the future (not trusting God), being self centered, or anxiety, or anything else. we can choose to feel guilty when we realize these things or we can ask for forgiveness.

it seems that the american dream is to find happiness. it doesnt work that way though. happiness comes and goes regardless of what we do. it's much better to live for someone that never changes.

as we live we our lives we develop roads in our thought processes that can easily turn into ruts that are terribly difficult to get out of. i challenge anyone that reads this to identify the "ruts" in your head and take the risk of stepping out of them.

we can get comfort from this world, but it's not secure. the only constant on this earth is change. Jesus is constant.

someone once told me that if you have one foot in yesterday and one in tomorrow, all you can do it pee on today. it's true. but i am deciding that instead of dwelling on my past i will think about the sacrifice.

my hope for this note, is that it encouraged at least one person.

~ living4Him93

S

Skipper

It encourages me. It makes me very happy to see that you're fighting your depression by become a Christian. :)
The website I went to is http://www.looktojesus.com/. it's a very good site, everythings 100% free. That's where I learned to become a christian.
Good look to you :)

Dec 12, 2009
It encourages me for sure... Thanks

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
thanks this post just made my day :)
im goin through some odd stuff and readin this has encpuraged me more than youll ever know thanks

L

Love009

oh that was awesome!! that little quote made me laugh so hard!! with ur permission im sooo gonna use that from now on!! :)

L

living4Him93

oh that was awesome!! that little quote made me laugh so hard!! with ur permission im sooo gonna use that from now on!! :)
do you mean the "one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow" quote? yea for sure you can use it. it's not even mine haha. one of my friends told me that :)

L

Love009

yup that one!!!! hee hee :)

C

Cako53

That was AWESOME *inserts her name here* I feel priveleged to have read that :)

L

living4Him93

That was AWESOME *inserts her name here* I feel priveleged to have read that :)
HAHAHA i love that "*inserts her name here*" lol :)

M

morgan2294

That's awesome!!! :)

B

Blade_chick

you have no idea how much i needed this..... thanks.. a lot

D

demian

God loves you!

Never forget it