Finally a breakthrough

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wantstogiveup

After using pain pills for 4 years all day everyday its scary to think of doing without. The withdraws are the worst thing I've ever felt. I want to lean on God but its scary to 100%, I've always had ibuprofen or a muscle relaxer to help get me through.
Today I almost relapsed I was on my way to pick them up and for some reason I turned my truck around. I prayed and said God if what u want is for me to rely on you 100% I will. No muscle relaxers no medicine at all for the first time in 4 years. I prayed and sang to myself (which I don't do often) then the pain stopped. I'm already hurting again and I'm sure at some point the withdraws will get worse but I now have a little hope.
God is in control and I will overcome this because I'm a child of the King!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hold on, girl! Seriously, hold on. Remember that this pain will pass, it will all be over soon, and cling to that hope through this storm. Even if all you can do is lie in bed and throw up, even if you wonder if you might be dying. It's only temporary, praise God, and everything will be okay in the end.

Remember also that God has promised that He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear, but that He will provide a way out so that we can resist the temptation. It's a promise, and it's totally true! I'm certainly not saying that it will be easy, but it will be possible.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing, and I will pray for you as well.

W

wantstogiveup

Thank you. Kinda crazy yesterday I was detoxing, about to give up, and felt completely alone. Today I have a little hope, I'm still clean, and I have severalbrothers and sisters in Christ backing me up. Thank you Lord!:)