Financial Stability & Job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
My friends,

My wife and I met on this forum 7 years ago. We (as well as our baby) now live in the Chicagoland area. I was laid off from my job in March and we have been struggling ever since. My wife works in ministry, so doesn't get paid very much. However, she has student loans from seminary and undergrad and I still have some student loans from undergrad. Living in the Chicago area is very expensive and though I have taken steps for support from lenders and others, our time will soon be running out.

Our close family who lived about 5 minutes from us recently moved to Columbia, SC area, so naturally our deepest desire is to be close to them again. However, we want to do what His will is more than anything else. We know He has a perfect plan, we just aren't hearing Him or perhaps He hasn't revealed enough for us to understand as of yet.

I was finally offered a job two weeks ago in Columbia, SC, but for some unknown reason the company withdrew their offer 24hrs after I received it. Once again, we find ourselves in the desert.

I ask that you pray for us. Please pray fervently that the hand of Providence delivers us soon and that we keep faith and hope. He has carried us thus far month to month and for that we are grateful. Please pray that He remembers our tithes and offerings and continues to bless us. Most of all, please pray that He gives us the wisdom to discern right from wrong and that He closes those doors the evil one opens and keeps us on His path of righteousness.

Thank you and blessings to you all.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless alienx7587, and this prayer. Lord bless with a job and make him financially strong. Lord please bless. In Jesus gracious name, Amen!

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray for the family of alienx7587 for a stable job and a steady source of income. Bless their family in all the crisis. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s good of you to share your situation and seek prayer, friend. Be assured I’m praying, asking God to bless your family in a loving way, provide for all your needs and open doors for you to find a job in Columbia. May He give you wisdom, guidance and sustain you with His peace as you trust in Him.

Aug 24, 2018
My friends,

My wife and I met on this forum 7 years ago. We (as well as our baby) now live in the Chicagoland area. I was laid off from my job in March and we have been struggling ever since. My wife works in ministry, so doesn't get paid very much. However, she has student loans from seminary and undergrad and I still have some student loans from undergrad. Living in the Chicago area is very expensive and though I have taken steps for support from lenders and others, our time will soon be running out.

Our close family who lived about 5 minutes from us recently moved to Columbia, SC area, so naturally our deepest desire is to be close to them again. However, we want to do what His will is more than anything else. We know He has a perfect plan, we just aren't hearing Him or perhaps He hasn't revealed enough for us to understand as of yet.

I was finally offered a job two weeks ago in Columbia, SC, but for some unknown reason the company withdrew their offer 24hrs after I received it. Once again, we find ourselves in the desert.

I ask that you pray for us. Please pray fervently that the hand of Providence delivers us soon and that we keep faith and hope. He has carried us thus far month to month and for that we are grateful. Please pray that He remembers our tithes and offerings and continues to bless us. Most of all, please pray that He gives us the wisdom to discern right from wrong and that He closes those doors the evil one opens and keeps us on His path of righteousness.

Thank you and blessings to you all.
Praying for you and your family brother🙌

Feb 28, 2016
COL. 1:9-10-11.
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you,
and to desire that you might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

That you might walk worthy of The Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work,
and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; -

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
Thank you all for your prayers and support. I was hoping to have some interviews lined up for when we visitor family in Columbia next week, but that does seem to be the case.

We’ve decided to list our home for sale by the end of the month as we simply cannot afford it any longer. Please continue to pray for His plan to be revealed and that we can find a place to live. Thank you all again for your support.