Fireproof Movie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you love the movie Fireproof

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
M

Malibu

I still have not seen it

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
just bought the love dare challene yesterday although i am not in a relationship nor intend to be

Feb 9, 2009
Ty it's awesome reading. I'd recommend it to anyone who asked me about it.

F

FirePanther

Well it was an interesting movie with an interesting teaching

T

Tinker

FireProof is so awesome. Have any of you seen Facing The Giants. That's a good one to.

B

blikechrist

I can honestly say that I have no complaints on the movie. I loved it and my husband did also.We were able to relate with the movie because we were going through tough times during that time. We were seriously considering getting a divorce at that time and it was his choice on watching the movie. I had seriously given up on our marriage.When we saw that movie i guess I can say it was a healing process starting up in our hearts.We were able to forgive each other for our mistakes in life and start fresh. Not only that but the movie related on our lives also because my husband is an emt and a firefighter.I know that he is able to come home the next day because of the grace of God.All i can say is to God be all the glory because we love each other like never before.He used this movie to change our lives.

S

Superman1985

It was a great movie and i'm not saying that because it was made right down the road from where i live but because it had a great message in it and for those knocking the acting and the writing of it these people other than Kirk were not pros they were just members of Sherwood's church they were doing it out of love and respect for Alex and Stephen Kendrick and they love for God and wanting to see people saved and ministered to I honestly have to say it was a huge improvement from their first movie(Flywheel) as far as production goes and I hope God contuies to bless and use them to do movies.

Jul 24, 2010
I found it suffered what most modern Christian movies suffer from. Too much attention focused on the moral/message they were trying to bring across, and not enough focus on the actual quality of the script, plot, and acting. Granted this film does it better than others I've seen like The Climb or The Visitation, which were just awful. The message is important, but that doesn't mean the quality of the movie needs to be ignored for it. The Ten Commandments didn't do that, that movie was amazingly put together (well the graphics sucked but given the time it was made that can be forgiven), and it still got its message across. Christian directors should seriously take notes while watching that movie, it would help them immensely. Tis a pity it's too late to recruit Charlton Heston in their films though...

S

skittles_26

I loved it :) It had a good theme, and I think a lot of marriages could relate to what that couple was going through. I heard the same church that came out with Fireproof just came out with "Courageous", can't wait to see it!

Jan 15, 2011
I voted no, not that is not to say that I didn't like the movie, because I did, but it takes a lot for me to love a movie. This had merit for being done outside of a church in Alabama, I am intereted in seeing Courageous, which is the next filmt eh Sherwood picture is coming out with.

L

Loloy

I've watched it ones... it's a good movie...

A

Aly2007

Ok for those of you who said the acting wasn't that great and so forth. I advise you to take up a career in fire service and see the real strain it puts on any relationship.
I agree it really does put a strain on a marriage, my hubby is a volunteer fireman, and its so difficult sometimes, but we watched that movie and directly after he went and bought the book to try it on our marriage.. great book "but the greatest of all of these is love" awesome msg! i agree the acting couldve been better, but with a message like that, who needs good acting?! lol. I also recommend for wives the book "The Husband Project" if you're marriage is struggling or if it isn't. It's like marriage counseling without the cost. i used to quote Fireproof all the time "How can i show someone love who constantly rejects me?!"

The message I got from this is what I always refer to as the triangle effect. God is at the top of this triangle with a spouse at opposite sides, the closer you become to God, the closer you become to one another as a result! God is amazing!

A

Aly2007

also something else i remember from the movie was something about why was he willing to save people he doesnt even know but he wasnt willing to save his own marriage.. awesome!

N

NandehRu

wow...i haven't watched that movie, i'm left behind lol. wow..grabbing a dvd would b a nice idea

N

NCFireGirl2029

I'm a firefighter and I agree with the posts about the career of a firefighter puts a strain on a marriage. Even a normal relationship is hard, it's honestly not really any easier if you both are firefighters.

M

Mysterymark

The message was great but the acting was horrible, and I couldn't help myself but to make jokes about it lol...