Flirting Tips Please!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfAdam

Jan 1, 2002
If the guy you like is a mature Christian then what will appeal most to him is a woman seeking after God and a godly lifestyle.
An under dressed female will make a guy lust, but won't lead him to love you. That is why so many girls complain that guys only want sex... it's because the worldly guys don't usually care about anything but the lust. And the worldly girls dress that way to give it to them. Be in the world but not of it.

S

SantoSubito

Most dictionarys define Flirt as trying to arouse sexual interest from someone.
So basically to cause them to lust in their heart and sin.
I've never actually looked at or used flirting in that way. I used as a method to determine whether or not a girl had any interest in me at all and then moved on from there.

M

MrsSunflower

Michelle95, thanks for ur advice but i dont think im into the 'sexy' look..im only 15...ill stick to my comfy look but i think i need to be more confedent like u stated, just in a good way :D gracias

I think it is best just being yourself. And dressing the way you like and feel most comfortable. When I was younger I never thought of flirting having anything sexual into it, for me it was just a way to showing interest to another guy. What I just did as flirting; Stare a lot at the guy I liked, smile, and well, joking around with him, or just teasing;

But now it all happened in a innocent way like saying/writing "Heelp! Someone is after me with an axe! Help me!" And then he might say/write "I am coming to the rescue!" Lol! This was a lot of fun, though... And still, a lot of innocence included, and sweetness. ;) I was also a very shy girl, so I kept it on showing interest with staring at a guy and smiling, I was often waay too shy or too late with going to a guy and try to talk. I was very good at saying "Hi" to a guy I liked and smiling sweet when passing by him. Lol. But whenever I managed to start talking with a guy I liked, I was mostly just being myself. :)

I did get some tips from a friend of mine, but trust me, those tips didn't work and only made me look like a fool. Because it wasn't natural of me doing that. I learned it was better doing it my way, than listening to my friend. ;) Lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kayem77

I think it is best just being yourself. And dressing the way you like and feel most comfortable. When I was younger I never thought of flirting having anything sexual into it, for me it was just a way to showing interest to another guy. What I just did as flirting; Stare a lot at the guy I liked, smile, and well, joking around with him, or just teasing;

But now it all happened in a innocent way like saying/writing "Heelp! Someone is after me with an axe! Help me!" And then he might say/write "I am coming to the rescue!" Lol! This was a lot of fun, though... And still, a lot of innocence included, and sweetness. ;) I was also a very shy girl, so I kept it on showing interest with staring at a guy and smiling, I was often waay too shy or too late with going to a guy and try to talk. I was very good at saying "Hi" to a guy I liked and smiling sweet when passing by him. Lol. But whenever I managed to start talking with a guy I liked, I was mostly just being myself. :)

I did get some tips from a friend of mine, but trust me, those tips didn't work and only made me look like a fool. Because it wasn't natural of me doing that. I learned it was better doing it my way, than listening to my friend. ;) Lol. :)
I agree with you MrsRsunflower, being yourself sounds very cliché but IT IS the best! :) I also see ''flirting'' as smiling, joking, or teasing, not like something sexual. It's just a way of subtly saying 'Hey im interested, if you care'' ;) haha. I don't like pursuing guys, but if I like a guy i naturally show more interest, i can't help but smile when he is there, or paying more attention to him than to other people, joking,etc. Those are not things that I learned form a book, i just think everyone has their own way to become noticeable haha. If you are very shy, just try to loose yourself a bit, yet without changing your self, just expose it a little more :). If something is compromising your faith or personal morals, dont do it.

Remember God's timing is perfect, guard your heart until you are sure you are emotionally and spiritually ready for a relationship. Remember not to flirt carelessly, because you may give the wrong perception. Boys are no fun at that age anyways haha.
God bless you!

Jul 4, 2010
thanks MrsSunflower and kayem77! i really love ur advice. yeah i wouldnt want to change myself for a guy. i love being who God created me to be and ill stick with it :D and also yeah ur deffinitions of 'flirt' is more wat im aiming for..nothing more :) thanks so much

M

MrsSunflower

orangecarmel;

To being more specific, there is no "must to do" rules when coming to flirting. It is just that how the world bases on it and makes of it today is a lot based on "sex". Same way as how most MTV videos are, and also a lot of commercial, music, lyricks, dancing, etc... I beleive this is why "flirting" has become something most people would define as an dirty act to do, and leading you astray into temptation. Yes, if you listen to that long list of flirting tips you got on the first page in this thread; You will more likely be seen as an "one-night-stand" opportunity for one guy. The good guys will most likely keep themselves away from you, whilst the bad guys will jump into your flirting game.

I got also told when I was younger to see what things the guy liked and try learning everything I can from it to impress him and getting his attention. I never did this, I thought it was pointless and rather boring to for example learn a lot about different cars, and especially about all the car parts, and how it works, the motor, etc... Lol! Sooner or later the guy might have found out, either through you or through some others that knows you that you normally have zero interest in cars and everything added to that. ;) And then what? Would that still impress him? Sure, if he'd start liking you, it'd probably go fine. Yet, it is best being honest, as well as seeing what you have in commun. And sure, maybe later you'd like learning more about other things that interests him and you'd get more interested into that as well. But then I'd think it'd just come out all natural. :)

Guys are fine with that you don't always like everything they like of things. Same way they'll probably be with you, not everything you'll like might be what a guy likes. Also flirting is not always very important, like I said earlier it has always been a way for me showing some form of interest when I was younger as well as before I married. What counts most is that you do show interest to a guy that you like, and if you do like Kayem says to showing him a lot more attention than most other ones, I do think he will notice it. Guys are not that silly, you know. ;) Although, sure, nothing wrong with being a bit direct too, if you dare that, if you feel like you'd like to know where you've got him, as well as wanting him to know you are interested in getting to know him more and that you do like him quite much. But it should all feel as something natural for you to saying, if it is forced out what you say it will feel a lot more unpleasent than great with whatever comes out from what you say.

Aug 2, 2009
Ok, so heres how to flirt:

Next time you are with the guy you like, and he looks at you, look right into his eyes and give him a shy little smile. If he likes you, it will make him weak in the knees.

If you are eating with him, ask him if he would like to try a taste of your food, but don't let him grab a bite. Feed him a bite yourself as you would a baby.

If you are watching a scary movie with him, wait for a scary moment to scream and grab hold of him out of fright. Then ask him if you can keep holding on to him because you are "too scared". This works at a haunted house thing too for halloween.

Sep 21, 2011
YOU'RE A GIRL! You don't need to flirt to get a guy. But if you do just compliment him in a sexy tone. It's way too easy for girls.

T

Tobby17

FLIRT :eek:.. Did u forget the 11th Commandment *Thou Shall Not Flirt*.... :p

Looks like BobPage will be getting banned..o_O

J

Jesusfan2

You know, when I was even younger, I was flirting to find any boyfriend... BUT!!!! I had NO BOYFRIEND THEN!!!!! :D lol... And here is the thing... This summer i stopped flirting and I turned to God only... :D and here boys comming!!! :D lol... They likes me, but still I'm not so interested at them :D strange, right?

So all I want to say that God is most important in all ages. :D HE knows what you need, and what is best for you... :)

Good luck! :D
God bless you :)

Ruta

M

MrsSunflower

^ Yeah, it is wise putting all of this over unto God. And most of all, it is a lot wiser waiting for God's Perfect Timing for you about this too. ;) :)

S

SantoSubito

YOU'RE A GIRL! You don't need to flirt to get a guy. But if you do just compliment him in a sexy tone. It's way too easy for girls.
So true. The problem is a lot of guys can't pick up on when a girl is flirting.

B

Brandon777

I can pick up when a girl is flirting. Laughing is always enjoyed when a girl is around me. This is considered flirting in my book. Or when you catch his gaze often, that's says to me that she's having a good time with me and might be interested. And any kind of alone time is a bonding experience similar in nature to flirting. Wow, doesn't that sound so scientific? Anyway, as long as your having a good time and your testing him for the character traits that make a godly man, I say it's a good deal. :)

Jul 4, 2010
what are some major turn offs for guys?
ive heard of :too much make-up ...anyothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.