Food Can Get Everyone Talking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

otomarly

Hello everyone! I have learned in the past that when food is involved, you can get anyone talking. I want to share a few personal recipes that can get people talking. Please feel free to share some of your favorites. I love to cook and I know there are any out there that do to.

A Good Finger food is Jalapeno Poppers. (This isn't your regular popper)

15-20 Jalapenos Medium or Large Sizes
1 pound of Mild or Hot Sausage (depend how hot you like it)
1 pound of Beacon
1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Tooth picks (Soak tooth picks in water while prepping so they don't burn on grill)

Cut stem end off jalapenos and half long ways. Take a spoon and scoop out the membrane and seeds of the jalapeno.
Note: When working with jalapenos be very careful. Some people wear gloves when working with them. Make sure you wash you hands very well after working with them.
Cut beacon on half (that will make it into 4 to 5 inch strips)
Mix together the sausage and Cheddar Cheese in a bowl. Take a spoon full of sausage/ cheese mix and put in jalapeno half.
Take a piece a beacon and wrap around the half and push a tooth pick through to hold beacon in place.

Grill should be on medium heat (about 350 degrees). Grease grill grid with oil (grilling oil works or a veg. oil, so it wont stick) and place poppers on grid. Rotate poppers about every 3-5 minutes to cook all sides and the sausage. Total cook time is 15-20 minutes. Make sure sausage is cooked through.

This will make 30 to 40 poppers.

Enjoy.

Please post some of your talkative foods.

G

GRA

You might consider posting your recipes in the 'Heavenly Recipes' forum. It was created specifically for that.

:)

Dec 19, 2009
I don't know how to cook. I am good at heating frozen dinners and fixing instant oatmeal, though.