Fool proof stirfry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I always had trouble making stirfry, the vegies were always soggy and the meat overdone, and the seasoning packs, well, it never was very good, even though my family was always good natured about it.
I finally found a way to make stirfry that tasted as good as resturant made.
This recipe is based on serving four people.

First, the sauce, this is easy to make and can be used for dipping as well.

( My orange plum sauce. )
First, two cups fresh orange juice, store bought is fine.
Soy sauce, about three tablespoons.
Honey, I like about three tablespoons but you can add more or less to taste.
Dried ginger plums, three needed.
( might have to check a few stores to find these, but cheap and last along time .)
Chinese garlic chili sauce.( if you like spicy or hot) :)

Bring orange juice in a sauce pan to boil,
adding dried ginger plums,
soy sauce
Honey
and chili sauce to taste, chili sauce is very hot , so use just a small amount, about about a quarter teaspoon, only more if you like hot and spicy.
Bring mixture to a low boil, and let it reduce, concentrate to about one cup or less, start this well before you make your stirfry, so ready when you begin stirfry.

Your stirfry, any combination of your favorate vegetables.
Meat , the same, although I think chicken or shrimp is best. :)

You will need sesame seed oil, make sure it is one that can be used for frying, as some are just for flavoring and will give food a burned taste.
Learned this the hard way. :)
Use plenty of sesame oil for meat and then again for vegies, making sure pan has about a
1/4 in. covering in pan bottem.

First , meat in a separate pan from the one for vegies, or once meat is cooked, set aside in a bowl and clean pan for frying vegies.

I always cook meat on med to med high.

Vegies I cook on high, or med high, as you want to heat vegies fast, but not cook to soggy.

This is how to keep the vegies nice and crisp, and meat well cooked with orange sauce.

I cook meat first, adding about one to two table spoons of garlic, depends on amount of meat and taste.
We like plenty of garlic. :)
I use about two cut up chicken breasts for this recipe.
Heat sesame oil till hot, add meat, garlic and cook untill browning, then add about 1/8 cup of orange sauce and continue to stirfry untill meat is fully cooked and sauce is carmalised on meat.
Shrimp does not need to be carmelised, as you do ot want to over cook.
Set meat aside and prepare pan for vegies.

The trick with your vegies is to first cook separately and add according to how quickly cooked.
I always start first with carrots, beans, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms till hot, then add onions, peapods, celery next, cabbage and leafy greens last.

Fry vegies in sesame oil just long enough to be slightly cooked, yet very hot.

Then add meat, stir for a few minutes, adding about 1/2 cup of orange sauce while mixing.
Just long enough to heat meat and sauce up with vegies.
Remove from heat.
You can add more orange sauce when plated if you like.

Serve with your favorate rice, mung bean noodles or ..
I like to serve on finely shredded raw cabbage to keep carbs down.

Anyway, my family loves this, and you can alter the recipe to taste, more garlic, or chili sauce, or your favorate vegies. :)

If you have any questions just ask. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Oops! :) almost forgot, remember to remove ginger plums when the sauce is done so not to have any surprise in your stirfry. :)

God bless
pickles

B

beloved3

I always had trouble making stirfry, the vegies were always soggy and the meat overdone, and the seasoning packs, well, it never was very good, even though my family was always good natured about it.
I finally found a way to make stirfry that tasted as good as resturant made.
This recipe is based on serving four people.

First, the sauce, this is easy to make and can be used for dipping as well.

( My orange plum sauce. )
First, two cups fresh orange juice, store bought is fine.
Soy sauce, about three tablespoons.
Honey, I like about three tablespoons but you can add more or less to taste.
Dried ginger plums, three needed.
( might have to check a few stores to find these, but cheap and last along time .)
Chinese garlic chili sauce.( if you like spicy or hot) :)

Bring orange juice in a sauce pan to boil,
adding dried ginger plums,
soy sauce
Honey
and chili sauce to taste, chili sauce is very hot , so use just a small amount, about about a quarter teaspoon, only more if you like hot and spicy.
Bring mixture to a low boil, and let it reduce, concentrate to about one cup or less, start this well before you make your stirfry, so ready when you begin stirfry.

Your stirfry, any combination of your favorate vegetables.
Meat , the same, although I think chicken or shrimp is best. :)

You will need sesame seed oil, make sure it is one that can be used for frying, as some are just for flavoring and will give food a burned taste.
Learned this the hard way. :)
Use plenty of sesame oil for meat and then again for vegies, making sure pan has about a
1/4 in. covering in pan bottem.

First , meat in a separate pan from the one for vegies, or once meat is cooked, set aside in a bowl and clean pan for frying vegies.

I always cook meat on med to med high.

Vegies I cook on high, or med high, as you want to heat vegies fast, but not cook to soggy.

This is how to keep the vegies nice and crisp, and meat well cooked with orange sauce.

I cook meat first, adding about one to two table spoons of garlic, depends on amount of meat and taste.
We like plenty of garlic. :)
I use about two cut up chicken breasts for this recipe.
Heat sesame oil till hot, add meat, garlic and cook untill browning, then add about 1/8 cup of orange sauce and continue to stirfry untill meat is fully cooked and sauce is carmalised on meat.
Shrimp does not need to be carmelised, as you do ot want to over cook.
Set meat aside and prepare pan for vegies.

The trick with your vegies is to first cook separately and add according to how quickly cooked.
I always start first with carrots, beans, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms till hot, then add onions, peapods, celery next, cabbage and leafy greens last.

Fry vegies in sesame oil just long enough to be slightly cooked, yet very hot.

Then add meat, stir for a few minutes, adding about 1/2 cup of orange sauce while mixing.
Just long enough to heat meat and sauce up with vegies.
Remove from heat.
You can add more orange sauce when plated if you like.

Serve with your favorate rice, mung bean noodles or ..
I like to serve on finely shredded raw cabbage to keep carbs down.

Anyway, my family loves this, and you can alter the recipe to taste, more garlic, or chili sauce, or your favorate vegies. :)

If you have any questions just ask. :)

God bless
pickles
I am excited to try this!!! :) thank you! The cabbage instead of rice idea is charming. Haha :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I am excited to try this!!! :) thank you! The cabbage instead of rice idea is charming. Haha :)
Yes, we are trying to improve our diets, thats why I left out adding cornstarch to thiken the sauce, but if one wants to they can. :)
I just love trying new things in place of the carbs, or eliminating them.
Surprisingly, the food still tasts wonderful, and the calories stay low!
Also, one can eat more if they like!

God bless
pickles