Footprints in the sand meaning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 7, 2012
from internet

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,other times there were one set of footprints.This bothered me because I noticedthat during the low periods of my life,when I was suffering fromanguish, sorrow or defeat,I could see only one set of footprints.So I said to the Lord,"You promised me Lord,that if I followed you,you would walk with me always.But I have noticed that duringthe most trying periods of my lifethere have only been oneset of footprints in the sand.Why, when I needed you most,you have not been there for me?"The Lord replied,"The times when you haveseen only one set of footprints,is when I carried you."Mary Stevenson

simply put....sins washed away....one set of footprints.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
from internet

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,other times there were one set of footprints.This bothered me because I noticedthat during the low periods of my life,when I was suffering fromanguish, sorrow or defeat,I could see only one set of footprints.So I said to the Lord,"You promised me Lord,that if I followed you,you would walk with me always.But I have noticed that duringthe most trying periods of my lifethere have only been oneset of footprints in the sand.Why, when I needed you most,you have not been there for me?"The Lord replied,"The times when you haveseen only one set of footprints,is when I carried you."Mary Stevenson

simply put....sins washed away....one set of footprints.
This particular quote is one of my old time favorite. I first received this quote in the form of a bookmark from a friend in my college days. As I read it, I feel goosebump towards the end of it (I even had my tears streaming down unconsciously) and I was so touched and blessed by it. Thank you for sharing it again!:)

Matt

Oct 21, 2011
Its beautiful but not:

"simply put....sins washed away....one set of footprints"

Its simple in its meaning and supposed to be. When you feel life is hardest our lord will carry you through it. Nothing to do with forgiving of sins.

Matt

Nov 7, 2012
Its beautiful but not:

"simply put....sins washed away....one set of footprints"

Its simple in its meaning and supposed to be. When you feel life is hardest our lord will carry you through it. Nothing to do with forgiving of sins.

Matt
ok matt......was just thinking of a tide on a beach washing the footprints....it was amazing to me when i noticed that for myself...so i shared it.......

Nov 7, 2012
This particular quote is one of my old time favorite. I first received this quote in the form of a bookmark from a friend in my college days. As I read it, I feel goosebump towards the end of it (I even had my tears streaming down unconsciously) and I was so touched and blessed by it. Thank you for sharing it again!:)
your welcome!

Matt

Oct 21, 2011
ok matt......was just thinking of a tide on a beach washing the footprints....it was amazing to me when i noticed that for myself...so i shared it.......
Hmmm, the washing away of sins.

I shall now include that as another interpretation. Most won't but I will.

Thanks Pen014.