For a Non-Believer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Smudge

Hello!

Quick back story to fill you in--

When I was a teenager, I got into a lot... a LOT of youtube religious debates in the comments section until I realized that you cannot argue a person into belief. I pretty much vowed to never engage in these debates.

Fast foreword to now.

I was hyped, really hyped. I had spent the whole afternoon watching this new Christian public speaker.
On one of his youtube videos I saw a comment from an atheist and I couldn't take my eyes off it. Because I really felt the Lord calling me to do this, I responded. I got a respectable answer so I responded again. They're shutting down now- said some harsh things. Catching himself(or herself) saying that a god exists but defiantly not our God because the Bible was written by mortal men. He can't believe that we *know* God.

I've already responded but I really feel like God is calling me to keep responding. Which is new for me. When I was a kid, I'm sure more often then not I was just talking out my rear bumper.

So prayer for this soul. God says he doesn't want a single person to go to Hell. If that's what he wants, I want to see how close we can get.

Lord God, keeper of my soul, please, he/she doesn't know what they're giving up by desperately creating excuses to not follow your law. Please forgive them.... and in the name of Christ Jesus who died for this person, keep calling his name, give him the gift of faith. It is the only way we can protect the one valuable thing we have... our souls. You say that if we want a sin enough you'll hand us over to it. Dear Lord God, almighty in Heaven, do not hand them over, they do not understand what they are doing. Let your will be our will,

In Christ Jesus' name who died so that this person could live,

Amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in agreement with you for this person and witness in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.

Hugs and god bless
pickles

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Agreeing in Jesus name for this person to know our father in heaven and for them to bring many to him
In Jesus name amen

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God please continue to use this child of yours to your golry as you send him out along side of you to find the lost sheep. Father God please send even more people out into your hearvest and open the hearts and binds of the blind. In Yeshua's Holy name I pray amen.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I love this prayer request. And I love your heart, Smudge. I absolutely agree with you in prayer. And I hope you will stay completely in God's will, as He guides your responses to this person. <3

S

Smudge

Thank you guys so much for your prayers, I've responded to him/her again. I've found out a few more things. This person used to be a Christian and isn't anymore. Their obviously very emotional about the debate because their previously well written comments are now filled with grammar mistakes(Don't worry- I'm not reprimanding them for their grammar mistakes). They believe that I've been brainwashed.

I don't think that I'll be the one to bring them back to Christ, but I can tell that they don't want to be wrong and they think I'm wrong. I definitely don't think this is a hopeless case- I think part of the reason this person is so emotional is because I've asked God to tug at his heart strings and call his name. Someone who is trying to desperately not believe in God will lash out in anger.

Some people want to be right, it's a form of being in control. The way to be right is to know how the world works. Apparently something convinced this person that they didn't know anything about the world so they bitterly gave up God and hold tightly to what they think is right. They need to be able to trust God and give him control- which can be very hard, especially if you feel like your trust in his has failed. That from your perspective, he failed you. But it was only truly the devil getting a hold of your doubts and making you focus on them.

I asked them what it would take for them to believe God, not for my information, I just wanted them to think about it. They said that they promised it wouldn't take anything- unless Jesus himself appeared before them and do something they wouldn't believe.

All I could think of was Judgment day- when it's probably too late.

So I'm going to pray again.

Dear Lord, God of Abraham and Issac. The Great I AM I implore you to forgive this person yet again for talking about you in a crude manner. I once nearly cursed you when I didn't follow you as I should have. I thought I should know after nearly two decades of following you what I would be giving up by leaving you, but I had no idea. This shows me that even yet I am humbly following you as we speak, I still have no idea what it would be like to loose you entirely. I don't need to know that this person will be saved, I don't want to add this person to my "tally" of good works. I don't want them to die. In the name of the sacrifice you made to make it possible to tear down our separation, remind this person of your existence. "For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, &#8220;He catches the wise in their craftiness,&#8221;"(1.Corin.3.19 ESV) Show this young person the folly of man. Show him that the "science" he puts his faith in doesn't make logical sense. Catch them, and heal the broken heart of one who has lost faith in you.

In your most honorable, glorious, eternal name,
Amen

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I definitely believe that God is calling His name. I pray that he won't resist any longer!

P

psychomom

My (24 yo) son tells me that internet arguing is the very definition of insanity. :)

But this is different, I believe. You are sowing seeds, dear child. You can't control what sort of soil thay fall on (not should you try, as you well know).
But we can ask the Lord God to do this. He can!
I have asked the Lord to remind this person of what they once knew, and how far they have fallen. I have asked Him to bring the prodigal story to mind. I ask that He will soften this heart, and bring forgiveness for whatever offense this person holds against Him. And then, I pray He will show this person that the offense was never God's. I pray the Truth will be spoken to him/her in quiet times, and that (s)he will turn and respond. I pray pride will not get between him and the Lord ever again.
I pray, too, for you to know what to say, and when to stop. And to be given the ability, at the stop point, to release the person to Him, and be at peace.
For Jesus' sake.

May you be blessed, Smudge, in all your times. &#9829;
ellie

S

shekaniah

What a wounderful passion for Jesus you have!
Agreeing in prayer with my family in Christ!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

J

Jemuel

what a heart for God! i am praying!