For everyone and anyone to answer! :]

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Akner39

Why do you believe in God? This isn't like an arguing question I'm jsut interested to see what peoples points are views are. Is it because you don't want to go to hell? Or because you want to go to heaven? Is it becuase you think you should becuase Jesus died for us? What is everyone reason for it? :]

Feb 24, 2011
I don't think it's a "good" reason to believe in God just because you're afraid you're going to hell. That seems almost childish. But anyway, I believe in God because I have felt God's grace and joy and peace. Not because I fear the Devil. I don't fear the Devil. He can't hurt me b/c I have God in my heart.

P

ParaZep

When i first became a believer my motivation was that I didn't want to burn in Hell but as I'v grown older I'v realised that there is so much more to it than where you go after you die. Its about living for Jesus, and glorifying him.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

When i was a kid, my mom told me if i didnt get saved i would burn in a lake of fire. Fire gives me the heebe jeebees...

B

BeauBLESSED

As always, Holly, you are quite the comedienne! :D

I believe, for all intents and purposes, because I feel that it's right. God's word offers a sense of purpose and shows me how I should live. It is reassuring to have this guidance in my life.

B

Bunce3

I believe in God bcuz he is awesome!!!!! lol, I luv him bcuz he 1st loved me =)

C

Crazy4GODword

I can tell you many reasons why, but the true answer to your question is the Holy Spirit draws us to Christ. We are a dry bags of dirt who need water true water...and we found the source which is Christ the truth the life and the way (John 14:6)

aleichem shalom

J

Jesusfan2

I believe in God becouse HE loves me and becouse I love Him :D It is the best thing what I can do for Him naw...

A

AnandaHya

I believe in God because of all the things He has done in my life. He walked with me through my troubles and sheltered me under His wings. His love comforts and brings all good things in my life. I believe in God because when I turn away from Him my life no longer has meaning and all I see is darkness. The things of this world pale against the promise of Heaven. Can you image a world without suffering and confusion and death? Where everyone is perfect?

If you did not believe in God then what do you believe in? what do you trust? yourself your own strength, false idols, other people, money? they all are faulty and will fail you. God has never failed me or told me He's too busy to listen to my prayers, come back later. I believe in God because He places a melody in my heart that sings when I walk the path I'm meant to but when I hurt someone through carelessness or intention, the song stops and I freeze because that means God is no longer with me. If I look around and think about it I realize who and how I hurt someone and try my best to make amends. that is how I think about my walk with God and why I believe in Him.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." Hebrew 11 v.1