For or Against? Talking to Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noel139

Jul 1, 2013
Because I believe, I am in fear for my soul. Jesus is not inclusive at the expense of sin. There is no one more discriminating than Yahshua. John 14:6 "Yahshua said to him, 'I AM the Way the Truth and the Life: No one comes to the Father except through Me.", Luke 6:46 "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord!" and do not do what I say?". He does not recognize your flaunting of your devotion to Him when you go against His Word. Come to the fountain of redemption and He will recognize you. The Book of Jacob (James as you know it) 4:4 "Adulterous people, Do you not know that love of the world is enmity with GOD? Whoever desires to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of GOD". I always wondered who the adulterers were considering you had to be married to be an adulterer and they cannot be the only ones in this verse that HE is referring to. The Torah is always talking about adulterers as a group that is not just specific to fleshly adultery, but when you have become married to GOD through the Messiah. I believe that the adulterers are those who claim to be Christians, but have left the Word behind. I am in fear for my soul because I believe the Word of the Most High GOD and not this small dingy god that the world has adopted. I respect HIS power and promises. HE doesn't just promise you blessings if you follow HIS Truth, HE promises you hell (literally) if you turn from HIM. And it doesn't take much to turn from HIM, just the love of the world and worldly things. There are only two directions to go here: towards HIM or towards satan. No matter what you believe, that is the reality.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Because I believe, I am in fear for my soul. Jesus is not inclusive at the expense of sin. There is no one more discriminating than Yahshua. John 14:6 "Yahshua said to him, 'I AM the Way the Truth and the Life: No one comes to the Father except through Me.", Luke 6:46 "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord!" and do not do what I say?". He does not recognize your flaunting of your devotion to Him when you go against His Word. Come to the fountain of redemption and He will recognize you. The Book of Jacob (James as you know it) 4:4 "Adulterous people, Do you not know that love of the world is enmity with GOD? Whoever desires to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of GOD". I always wondered who the adulterers were considering you had to be married to be an adulterer and they cannot be the only ones in this verse that HE is referring to. The Torah is always talking about adulterers as a group that is not just specific to fleshly adultery, but when you have become married to GOD through the Messiah. I believe that the adulterers are those who claim to be Christians, but have left the Word behind. I am in fear for my soul because I believe the Word of the Most High GOD and not this small dingy god that the world has adopted. I respect HIS power and promises. HE doesn't just promise you blessings if you follow HIS Truth, HE promises you hell (literally) if you turn from HIM. And it doesn't take much to turn from HIM, just the love of the world and worldly things. There are only two directions to go here: towards HIM or towards satan. No matter what you believe, that is the reality.
Noel139, if you are a believer in God, as you say, then why do you fear for your soul? You are God's child, your soul belongs to him now. An adulterer does not have to be married to be an adulterer; single people who have sex before marriage are adulterers also. I've never read the Torah, but it is not the holy bible that christians read. God is not "small and dingy", as you put it. He is huge and mighty and worthy to be praised and feared!! You are right when you say we have two directions to go in. I know I would rather go towards Jesus. :)

Noel139

Jul 1, 2013
Noel139, if you are a believer in God, as you say, then why do you fear for your soul? You are God's child, your soul belongs to him now. An adulterer does not have to be married to be an adulterer; single people who have sex before marriage are adulterers also. I've never read the Torah, but it is not the holy bible that christians read. God is not "small and dingy", as you put it. He is huge and mighty and worthy to be praised and feared!! You are right when you say we have two directions to go in. I know I would rather go towards Jesus. :)
Fear does not always mean to be afraid. It means, in this case, to be spiritually aware. I protect my soul by not letting the words of deceit enter in. You are right about adultery. That was poorly thought out of me. The Torah is usually the first five books of the Bible and I assume that you have read those. It can also refer to the whole Bible because it means 'Teaching'. The Torah was first, then the Bible. "God is not "small and dingy", as you put it. He is huge and mighty and worthy to be praised and feared!!" That is kind of what I said. You are right, though. The small dingy god talked up by the world is satan. He is rather tiny, isn't he?

Noel139

Jul 1, 2013
The example of the adulterers are the many mega preachers (false teachers) who are speaking of all the good promises of GOD without any of the warnings, And we are meant to warn. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 "You must constantly be watchful, you must steadily stand firm in the faith, you must habitually conduct yourselves in a courageous way, you must continually increase in strength. 14. everything you do must always be done in Love." If you Love someone than you don't just stand by and watch as destruction rains down on them you SHOUT a warning out to them.