For the Fellas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Theron

hey bros? i have a question
how did you guys beat lust, because i do a good job of it, but after weining myself and keepin my eyes locked on positive things for about a month or so, the enemy comes in with something that causes me to fall again and conviction is a pain i hate going through but im wondering do any of you go through it and if so how do you beat it.....

S

Saint

1. be very quick at moving your eyes away from things that will lead you there.
2. pray/read the Bible/praise God every day so much that the very thought of lust makes you disgusted
3. know that it will take some time

that's what i do anyways

S

Schwager

I am battling this myself very heavily! I have come successful as of late and not so much in the past. What I find happens when I am lusting or thinking of getting on my computer and committing the same sin I simply occupy myself with something else. For me its the guitar! Sometimes ill watch a movie or just go sit on my porch. All in all when sin is confronted in front of me I dont run away from it I just try with all my might to ignore it... I hope that made since haha

B

BeauBLESSED

Haha, oh man, lust innit? I'm always trying to keep out of it but then beautiful women show up where I don't even look for them! In fact, I'm playing No More Heroes 2 and this one character has a big set! I have to look away every time I pay a visit to her... lab. Heh. -.-
Anyways, the best thing to do is indeed to look away or move away from whatever may be a beacon of lust for you, and prayers are great too! Prayers help you find strength and motivation in whatever you do!

God bless :)

J

jhspy1

Look to God when the urge come i personally always have christian music on in my room to keep away from lust

Y

YashuaHaMashiach

I actually went “cold turkey” and stopped looking at women altogether for a year. When I say stopped looking, I mean dating, flirting, fantasizing and things of that nature. The commitment I made to not dating and flirting over the course of the year was fairly easy to keep. But I have to say, controlling the thoughts in my mind was a lot more difficult. I felt as though I was losing the battle initially, but over time it got easier and I was able to overcome. For me personally, the key was getting to know myself. The more I knew myself, the more I knew my limitations and how particular things tempted and affected me. Once I had this understanding, I made a commitment to myself and the Father to avoid at all costs those things that made me weak. After some time, I discovered a newfound control of my mind. Many things that would have caused me to stumble in the past now have no effect on me. In regards to the things that would still have a negative effect and cause me to stumble, I am able to recognize those tempting situations and avoid them, for the most part. I feel that I can now look at women the way our Father intended, instead of with a worldly eye.

Basically, I would say the key is knowing yourself and your limits, as well as making a commitment to the Father and yourself. Steer clear of those things that tempt you – a tree can’t grow where no seed is planted, if you get what I am saying. In the beginning, you will have to make a conscience effort, but eventually it will get easier and become second-nature.

So, stay in faith and remain in constant prayer. Your Father loves you and is loyal. He will give you strength when you seek His will. GBU

Oct 23, 2009
lust is a hard thing bro....you have to pray to God its impossible to do it on your own we need the Lord and when temptation comes you have that option to escape i have unfortunatly to my demise have not taken the route of escape and suffered the consequence...to be more in slavery with it....its an on going process bro and pray fast read the Word set your heart after the Lord bro keep your eyes on him...