For the Guys: what lessons do we learn from Adam and Abraham?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Before answering please read:

Genesis 3:1 -7 and 11 -12

Genesis 12: 10 -20

Can we men learn something here that would help in marriage?

G

GreenNnice

Before answering please read:

Genesis 3:1 -7 and 11 -12

Genesis 12: 10 -20

Can we men learn something here that would help in marriage?
From Adam: We learned that God would spare one the effects of great sin if just ONE of the two together refused to disobey God (by eating the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.) But, both disobeyed, the man was the one who got firsthand instruction not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he obviously was not LEADING enough of his wife or she would have made the RIGHT choice instead of sinning. Man is in control of the relationship, scripture says. He must GET THINGS ACROSS to his wife, like that he loves her so much that IF she were to go with her girlfriends and go to a bar she would see a hunk and NOT EVEN LUST ! And, certainly a parallel to the garden of eden 'forbidden fruit' Truth is the fact that in that bar, the guy's wife being ENTICED by the single guy to go to bed with him despite being married is the equivalent of that kind of great sin committed by the eating of the fruit :(

Sorry to speak such sadness but that is what I say, the Lord leads my words, I always hope and pray. :) I pray that you can WITHStAND Satan's attacks, miladies and gents, that are married or even single and going out, steady, and , serious , or , yeah, all that . Communication is HUGE in life :)

That something that looks good for food, that is pleasing to the eye, and, desirable qualities to make one wise is not wise to eat IF God expressly said not to eat of it.

That Satan was real in the beginning, ASAP on the spot deceiving man and not having one shred of conscience though he was, essentially, causing man to lose paradise because of his deception.
Satan is a cold-hearted snake, but, worse than that, he don't care IF he persuades you to LOSE paradise. And, that said, he sure don't care one bit about sending you straight to hell and Satan has no care for couples, that snake wants nothing more than to bring them apart.

God has a sense of humor that is just and shows His power is all greater than Satan's and that he will grant what we obey BAD, like eating fruit from a tree FORBIDDEN, with His just form of punishment...

In this case, Satan told Eve that her eyes would be opened and she would be like God. How's THAT for deception, 'be like God!' And, that snake told Eve she would know good and evil. But all she (and Adam) knew after eating the forbidden fruit was their EYES OPENED to their nakedness and their paradise, lost. :(

Genesis 3: 11-12 - We learn from Adam (and Eve) that humans are frail creatures, quite possible of sinning despite having total EVERYTHING being taken care of . We are easily deceived by power, greed, and, the desire to have more.

When things get bad and go from bad to worse, God questioning the two in these two verses, man will blame woman for his CHOICE of disobeying God.

Learned lastly, not directly from these two verses, but in the garden was ALSO the tree of life. And, despite having 'life,' man will still, EVEN after having directly speaking with God who created everything for Adam and Eve, herbs they could eat all from , animals for food. Fresh food, fresh herbs, my, paradise. What in the world were they thinking :D All so bad, too sad :(

From Abraham:I don't get that so well, must be my green brains, I defer all fault to them :D
But, I still will answer because I am unabashedly unafraid to look the fool , not just play the part, and, in this story Abraham lies about his wife, Sarah, being his sister, which is bad in and of itself.

yeah, good question, this . It's just got me perplexed, I don't understand it. Pray for me green brains I will and see if more can emanate from their that matters :D

___________Good questions, Christ bro, Philly :)

Last edited by a moderator: