For those who say they were saved before they spoke in tongues....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 1, 2015
What she IS saying (or asking) is that those who have attacked her and accused her of things she did not say -- those folks are unsaved.
No I was definitely asking a question, because I invited all to "correct me if I am wrong" and ended the sentence with a question mark. And I wasn't saying they were not saved because they attacked me, I was asking is it possible they are not saved because by their actions it looks like they do not have the Holy Spirit.....as in.... by their fruits ye shall know them.

Later in my response to you, I confessed that I didn't like the conclusion I was beginning to draw that this might be the case...and you reassured me that it wasn't quite as bad as I was seeing it. Pretty bad, but not as bad as my developing conclusion.

I hope you can see in my response to 3score above that there is a reason for my distress over this subject, and it is because many ARE going to perish unless they are born again of the Spirit. When God gives us freely all these things that accompany salvation and demonstrate the presence of the Spirit, I can't understand why anyone would refuse them, particularly since they come from the Comforter Himself....and therefore would give them COMFORT, and that of the eternal variety.

We cannot show any fruit of the Spirit or receive any gift of the Spirit unless we are born again...because if we are not born again we are still in the flesh.

:) God bless you WW :)

G

Galahad

My sincerest thanks for this summary, Convallaria! I appreciate your continued enthusiasm, sincerity, and thoroughness despite the negative setbacks from a few people.

I wanted to share my general thoughts on this:

To be blunt: You're wrong in this conclusion. I say this for two primary reasons: 1. It is never our place to make a judgement-call concerning someone's salvation (or relationship with/to Christ) and 2. It seems that (most of) these people were reacting to the Original Post (some confused you with the OP's author, some also misunderstood your response(s) as supporting the OP's position).

Now I, like you, do believe that it is significant to observe the conduct of these "tongue haters" -- and, rather than return rudeness with rudeness or negativity with negativity or destructive words with destructive words: What positive lesson can we learn from our interactions with these people?

Perhaps we learn nothing from these "tongue haters" -- if that is the case, at minimum, be encouraged; I, for one, can easily see that you display compassion (which includes love, kindness, gentleness, goodness, peace)! Though it may have been challenged a few times, you display patience and self-control! You have been faithful and it is evident that Christ is the source of your joy. Now be at peace and trust that God will handle the tongue-haters! :)
"Tongue haters"? I know that ain't your term WW. Or is it?

Who hates tongue?

Well, have you ever had cow's tongue? If you ain't had money, but you want some meat(?), you go with cow's tongue. Don't taste good, but it's substance for dimes and quarters.

Then there's the tongue that won't stop. Just keeps flapping. Those I don't like.

Tongue. Ugly looking word.

"But Galahad, isn't there any tongue you like?" All I can say is...:p

W

WoundedWarrior

"Tongue haters"? I know that ain't your term WW. Or is it?

Who hates tongue?

Well, have you ever had cow's tongue? If you ain't had money, but you want some meat(?), you go with cow's tongue. Don't taste good, but it's substance for dimes and quarters.

Then there's the tongue that won't stop. Just keeps flapping. Those I don't like.

Tongue. Ugly looking word.

"But Galahad, isn't there any tongue you like?" All I can say is...:p
You're right -- was not my term. :p

I think the bulk of this thread is a misunderstanding,
and I truly hope all strife has been resolved.

Dec 19, 2009
[27] If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn; and let one interpret.
[28] But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silence in church and speak to himself and to God. 1 Cor 14:27-28 RSV