forgiven for someone else's works a completely Christian doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
We all may know we are saved because Christ died for us. This is the difference in Christianity. Where some cultures offered sacrafice it is not the same that they believed the animal took their place, it is more often that they killed it to appease their God. It is more common that religions have a punishment for their followers. It is mostly common that no one takes your punishment. It is also more likely that in other religions you are forced to participate. The actual difference in Christianity is that it offers no punishment and Christ payed for everything you did. People are allowed into Christianity with very little constraint to obey other than disfellowship which is very little to most religions. Christianity offers that you can return simply for forgiveness for Christ and repentance. Repentance is Grace in Christianity that you simply had to stop offending and you were returned to the fold. It is something that draws many people to the kindest religion. No religion can claim they have so many people on the idea that their is no entrance hayzing or punishment or constraint if you leave. Simply put Christ wins in His religion for starting it with the promise of His death that He died for you.

F

FreeNChrist

We all may know we are saved because Christ died for us. This is the difference in Christianity. Where some cultures offered sacrafice it is not the same that they believed the animal took their place, it is more often that they killed it to appease their God. It is more common that religions have a punishment for their followers. It is mostly common that no one takes your punishment. It is also more likely that in other religions you are forced to participate. The actual difference in Christianity is that it offers no punishment and Christ payed for everything you did. People are allowed into Christianity with very little constraint to obey other than disfellowship which is very little to most religions. Christianity offers that you can return simply for forgiveness for Christ and repentance. Repentance is Grace in Christianity that you simply had to stop offending and you were returned to the fold. It is something that draws many people to the kindest religion. No religion can claim they have so many people on the idea that their is no entrance hayzing or punishment or constraint if you leave. Simply put Christ wins in His religion for starting it with the promise of His death that He died for you.

It's not because Christ died that I know I am saved, it's because He lives. (Rom. 5:10)

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Yes, he lives in me now - but it was and is His blood shed on that cross that cleanses me from all sin, and gave me an entrance into the Father's presence. In Rev. it says that we are victorious by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of our testimony.

I am saved by the blood of Jesus - his being the sacrifice, and taking the punishment for me.

I am empowered now through His Spirit which lives in me.

V

VioletReigns

Yes, he lives in me now - but it was and is His blood shed on that cross that cleanses me from all sin, and gave me an entrance into the Father's presence. In Rev. it says that we are victorious by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of our testimony.

I am saved by the blood of Jesus - his being the sacrifice, and taking the punishment for me.

Hallelujah!!! Amen!! \:D/

F

FreeNChrist

Romans 5:10

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Guilt drives religions,
The blood of Christ cleanses guilt.

Hebrews 9:14 KJVS
[14] How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10:22 KJVS
[22] Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It's not because Christ died that I know I am saved, it's because He lives. (Rom. 5:10)

it's because i have died with Him that i know i will also live with Him.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his,
we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

(Romans 6:5)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I know I am saved because He lives and He lives in me.

He lives! He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
along life's narrow way!

He lives! He lives!
salvation to impart!
you ask me how i know He lives?
He lives within my heart!

♪♪