Forgiven When?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scriptureplz

I think some here don't understand spiritual matters, which makes me wonder who is guiding them in their thinking. This passage should help someone see the truth I pray.

Romans 8:8-11
[SUP]8 [/SUP]So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

S

Scriptureplz

Our sin is in our flesh only. Our flesh will die and return to dust. BUT God gives us a new body to house our already perfected spirit one day at the resurrection.

Nov 22, 2015
Our sin is in our flesh only. Our flesh will die and return to dust. BUT God gives us a new body to house our already perfected spirit one day at the resurrection.
I agree....scriptures bears this out that the flesh has it's own agenda. It is always "its" lusts that is talked about.

Galatians 5:17 (NASB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

The flesh is of this world - not of the new creation that is in Christ.

1 John 2:16 (NASB)
[SUP]16 [/SUP] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

The flesh is ways to think and act that "were" the manner of living we are and were used to, left over from the old man. ( Eph 4:22 - in reference to your former manner of living ) The flesh has the power of sin in it.

Romans 7:17-18 (NASB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] So now, no longer am I ( the new man ) the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me (in my body which has the flesh with the power of sin in it ).

[SUP]18 [/SUP] For I know that nothing good dwells in me (my body which has the flesh in it ), that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me ( in my new man ), but the doing of the good is not.

Romans 7:20-23 (NASB)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] But if I am doing the very thing I ( new man ) do not want, I ( new man ) am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me ( in the flesh).

[SUP]21 [/SUP] I find then the principle that evil is present inme (new man ), the one who wants to do good.

[SUP]22[/SUP] For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, ( new man),

[SUP]23 [/SUP] but I see a different lawin the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

italics = my words

Then Romans chapter 8 comes in and shows us how to walk according to the Spirit and not the flesh to put to death the deeds of the body ( flesh in the body ). Rom 8:13

Galatians 5:16 (NASB)
[SUP]16 [/SUP] But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

We are not fighting a civil war within ourselves ( the flesh and the power of sin do not belong to our new nature which in Christ. ). Jesus said " A house divided will not stand."

As long as we are on this earth and in this body we will have to contend with the world, the flesh and the devil. The good news is that our Lord Jesus Christ has defeated all 3 of them!

We are still responsible for the deeds we do in the flesh.

As we grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus....we manifest outwardly in our behavior who we already are in our new man in Christ.

Nov 22, 2015

I was just going through a study in Galatians and found another scripture that shows that our inner person in Christ is not of this world and is not of the flesh. The flesh is of this world. ( the gnostic thinkers are going to freak when they see this )

The cross of Christ where we were crucified with Him when our old man died - this cross ( which is our cross too..so take this truth up daily ) - the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.

The world has the flesh in it and it is not part of the new creation in Christ.

The only thing that is anything is the new creation . verse 15

Galatians 6:14-15 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

[SUP]15 [/SUP] For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

[SUP]16 [/SUP] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

S

Scriptureplz

I was just going through a study in Galatians and found another scripture that shows that our inner person in Christ is not of this world and is not of the flesh. The flesh is of this world. ( the gnostic thinkers are going to freak when they see this )

The cross of Christ where we were crucified with Him when our old man died - this cross ( which is our cross too..so take this truth up daily ) - the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.

The world has the flesh in it and it is not part of the new creation in Christ.

The only thing that is anything is the new creation . verse 15

Galatians 6:14-15 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

[SUP]15 [/SUP] For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Amen Brother! Dat's some meat rite derre!

[SUP]9 [/SUP]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Nov 22, 2015
Amen Brother! Dat's some meat rite derre!

I think the definition of terms can go a long way to stop a lot of mis-understandings.

Terms like ..in the flesh..in the spirit....according to the spirit...according to the flesh......what is sin ( the noun - which is in our flesh ) verses sinning ( which is the action - the verb ) ...saved ( in relation to going to heaven because you are in Christ ).....saved ( from the things that are in this world now )

Can you think of some more like these?

Of course there have been those that we have said the same thing 100's of times before and they still say we say the complete opposite of what we said. I don't know if that is a deception or they are deliberately saying the opposite to throw confusion into the mix.

I really like the verse you put up. This verse is just packed with revelation of the new creation in Christ.

"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness"

S

Scriptureplz

I think the definition of terms can go a long way to stop a lot of mis-understandings.

Terms like ..in the flesh..in the spirit....according to the spirit...according to the flesh......what is sin ( the noun - which is in our flesh ) verses sinning ( which is the action - the verb ) ...saved ( in relation to going to heaven because you are in Christ ).....saved ( from the things that are in this world now )

Can you think of some more like these?

Of course there have been those that we have said the same thing 100's of times before and they still say we say the complete opposite of what we said. I don't know if that is a deception or they are deliberately saying the opposite to throw confusion into the mix.

I really like the verse you put up. This verse is just packed with revelation of the new creation in Christ.

"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness"
This passage is one of the clearest to that aspect that I know of. I'll try to accumulate more as I can and put them all into one comment.

Sep 4, 2012

More of your unprovoked, uncalled for passive/aggressive accusations. Will it ever cease?

Nov 22, 2015
I bless you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! I wish you and your family the greatest blessings of God in your lives.

Last edited: