Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

K62

Hi... I am new to the group... I am recently divorced and struggling with forgiveness. Forgiving my husband and forgiving myself. Most times I blame myself for the divorce, was i not smart or pretty enough. I pray to hold on to the hem of Gods garment but my mind sometimes is a battlefield of its own. Any suggestions?

Nov 11, 2015
I also struggle with forgiveness. I often battle with replaying old sins I have committed in my head over and over. I then wonder why God chose to forgive me and why even let it happen in the first place. So I completely understand where you are coming from. The best suggestions I have to give you is first all
forgive him as Christ has forgiven you. I know it is easier said then done, but it is only hurting and dragging you down more to keep this resistment in your heart. I know as humans that complete forgiveness and coming to a point of being pretty well okay with the situation may take time and prayer. Second, I wasn't there but I image you probably gave it your all to make the marriage work out, but unless he was giving an effort to make it work too then it was just exhausting you to keep fighting in a situation that he had alright made up his mind on. Stop blaming yourself because it sounds like to me that if he didn't give you a reason for wanting to divorce in hopes that yall could work on it. Then I don't think he really wanted anything fixed. I hope this has helped and not come across as harsh. I pray for you and God bless you.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

K

K62

Thank you verh much.... You were really on point.

Siela01

Sep 23, 2015
Matthew 6:14-15.

Cmon.. we're try to hard to forgive another..bcs Jesus was forgive us and let up us..i always pray for us..:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hi... I am new to the group... I am recently divorced and struggling with forgiveness. Forgiving my husband and forgiving myself. Most times I blame myself for the divorce, was i not smart or pretty enough. I pray to hold on to the hem of Gods garment but my mind sometimes is a battlefield of its own. Any suggestions?

Blame is the devil's game. God forgives, the devil blames.......it's how he defeats you/us. Give it to God, He will forgive what needs forgiven, and you will find it easier to forgive what you need to forgive.

K

K62

Thanks.... Its hard but i will fast and pray about it

Nov 30, 2013
Thanks.... Its hard but i will fast and pray about it

"Forgiveness"

It’s the hardest thing to give away
And the last thing on your mind today
It always goes to those that don’t deserve

It’s the opposite of how you feel
When the pain they caused is just too real
It takes everything you have just to say the word…

Forgiveness
Forgiveness

It flies in the face of all your pride
It moves away the mad inside
It’s always anger’s own worst enemy
Even when the jury and the judge
Say you gotta right to hold a grudge
It’s the whisper in your ear saying ‘Set It Free’

Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible

Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Forgiveness

It’ll clear the bitterness away
It can even set a prisoner free
There is no end to what it’s power can do
So, let it go and be amazed
By what you see through eyes of grace
The prisoner that it really frees is you

Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Forgiveness

I want to finally set it free
So show me how to see what Your mercy sees
Help me now to give what You gave to me
Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Strong Enough

You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through

Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough

Strong enough
For the both of us

Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up

Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out

Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Strong enough
Strong enough

Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
and you are strong
When I am weak

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

Oh, yeah

Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Strong enough
Strong enough
Strong enough

Songs by Matthew West

I pray these songs encourage you.

GodisGlorious

Jun 12, 2012
I'm sorry for your situation and am sure the Lord will lead you through this.
Heres how I practice forgiveness. When I get a thought that is resentful I run to the Lord and be willing to let it go. If I find myself unwilling I go to him willing to be willing and he works willingness in me. I ask for understanding and wisdom on the matter and I ask to see things through his eyes and with love and then I receive his answer. Its a moment by moment practice sometimes. Expect him to work the forgiveness in you and be thankful. God bless and may he show you how to walk in the way of forgiveness well.

LOVE

K

K62

Thanks thats a gr8 suggestion as well.... I appreciate all the advice.

L

Liayn44

I understand your situation. My husband had an affair. We made it through and are still together. I have forgiven him truly and love my husband. But I have not yet forgiven her. Mostly because the "her" was my best friend. I fear this undirgivebess in my heart may actually keep me out of heaven because the bible says we are to forgive in order to be forgiven. It's so hard. That's actually why I joined this chat room. I just wanted to be able to talk about it with someone in a safe Christian environment

D

dalconn

I understand your situation. My husband had an affair. We made it through and are still together. I have forgiven him truly and love my husband. But I have not yet forgiven her. Mostly because the "her" was my best friend. I fear this undirgivebess in my heart may actually keep me out of heaven because the bible says we are to forgive in order to be forgiven. It's so hard. That's actually why I joined this chat room. I just wanted to be able to talk about it with someone in a safe Christian environment
If salvation was conditional based on score keeping of rights and wrongs (including not forgiving an offender) then none of us would go to heaven.
What is important for us to understand is that unforgiveness makes us the offenders slave and the devils target.

Jesus doesn't want us to be slaves so He gave us the power (The Holy Spirit) to be free by forgiving as we've been forgiven

So be free !!!!!!!!! ~