Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SeekerofLife03

I am amazed at how if a brother or sister stumbles in their walk with God how other Christians always remember the fault that they had and forget about all the good they had done for the Lord. That is why I trust in Jesus because He did not condemn me when I made a mistake as a Christian. He washed me in His blood and cleansed me of all my unrighteousness. A true Christian who walks in the love of God will be compassionate and longsuffering, forgiving their brother or sister of their sin. But I have found many in religion would rather watch me fall instead of catching me. They are in darkness and not walking in the light of God's Kingdom. They are so quick to judge, so quick to shut the door. They are so proud in their ways, so self righteous that they don't want to be seen with someone who has made a mistake and gotten a little dirty. But the ones who are compassionate and loving, these are the ones I long to be around, and to know. And know I am walking in the light, being set free day by day by God's grace. Thank you Jesus!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
this is the best thing I have read on here in a long time. amen and amen!!

T

tdrew777

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin inside our hearts, leading to repentance and holiness. Satan accuses of sin publicly, leading to guilt and death. We need to deal with sin, not ignore it. God never ignores sin - that is why He sent his only begotten Son. And, of course, we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit's conviction, not by Satan's accusations. We must be careful that we do not shoot our own wounded. It is a terrible feeling to perceive that you have been rejected because of sin that you have already turned from. Seekeroflife, I agree with you that those who are judging you are themselves in a perilous situation. Will your words publicly accuse them of their sin or guide them towards an inner conviction of sin? Now that you are doing well, they are the wounded we must not shoot.

P

Precious_Sunflower

Yes, Amen! We should always work with ourselves being in Christ's love, this way we will also love one another, and be more compassionate as well as forgiving. The more closer to the Lord we get in our growth in Him, the more we will realize and knowing about His Ways, as well as knowing more of His heart.

When we start looking at other people with His eyes and sharing the Lord's heart, we will then also understand how to be reaching out to our brothers and sisters in Christ through His love. We should also correct and help our brothers and sisters that are falling into sin, but all should be done in Christ's love. Never in our own judgement, and never to be breaking them down even more than before.

Of course, any of us can sometimes judge very easily sometimes. And then we have to repent about it, and getting back with our focuse on God. But the more renewed we get in our minds with God's Word, and the more we let Him influence us as well as filling us up with His love, the more easier it will become for us being aware of this, and learning from Him.

S

SeekerofLife03

Jesus said it is inevitable that stumbling blocks will come, and woe be unto those are stumbling blocks. This is not just referring to unbelievers, but also those who claim to know God. tdrew777 I am not publicly accusing anyone of their sin. I have named not a single person of any specific sin, but as a whole I have made an observation of some people in the church which has left their first love and are guided by the deceits of satan. Does not Jesus and the holy apostles speak of these things in the NT? The bible says to test and examine all spirits, to see whether they be of men, or of God. Some people are thorns that cannot be gathered by men. What I have said is an observation, not an accusation.

Last edited:
T

tdrew777

You have passion and make observations that the church needs to hear, Seekeroflife!

P

Precious_Sunflower

As long as they are ready or want to hear it, tdrew777. I was once in a church where I came in the front, reminded them about taking care of the main members as well as the newer ones, but to not forget those who already are in the church. After I was done the main leader said out loud; "We need to take care of the newer members." I felt only crushed by hearing this, as we do need to also take care of all of those that already are in the church too.

But one should certainly come forth and tell a church when something is wrong or needs to get changed. Then it is up to them if they want to listen or not. If they are wise and love the Lord they will be open for repentance and getting back with focuse and heart on the Lord.