Forming a circle of friends online - guys and girls - before meeting them in-person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 26, 2020
Forming a circle of friends online - guys and girls - before meeting them in-person

Dear Christianchat.com,

Thank you for such a wonderful ministry. The world needs websites such as yours! God bless you all and keep serving Him.

I have made some choices in my life and believe they will all have good consequences. I'm sure most mature people know about choices and their consequences, good or bad. One choice I have made is to get married one day (for which I'm taking steps to be prepared for and I need to be spiritually, emotionally and financially ready and I'm working on all of these), so I want to find guys and girls who live in my area, meeting them online first. Kinda like a dating website but I want to contact them through live text chat or phone calls in the beginning, before meeting them in-person.

Then, I want my future wife to start "sticking out like a sore thumb" from the rest of the crowd. Not because I'm adopting "worldly ways" to impress her and attract her to me, but for her to see that my walk matches my talk and think to herself "Wow! This guy really does seek first the Kingdom Of God, and he puts me and others first. He asks me questions about my life and actually shows an interest in me and what I'm going through. I want to get involved with him, make him my boyfriend and marry him one day!" Of course, there's also the issue of making sure we're both compatible with each other as far as culture, morals and common interests are concerned but I'm sure God will take care of that. I live in the Palm Springs area in California, USA.

Please. would you guys pray with me about this and also spread the word about where I live? Advertise this prayer request and/or e-mail I've sent you anywhere you like.

God Bless and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Roy.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wish you well in this endeavor. As you may already know, I met my wife on this site shortly after I joined who is also a member. You just never know who you are going to meet that will dramatically change your life in a positive direction. I will say a prayer about this too.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Please. would you guys pray with me about this and also spread the word about where I live? Advertise this prayer request and/or e-mail I've sent you anywhere you like.
I'm reminded of a Chonda Pierce skit I heard once. These two women were going back and forth about the failings of their respective husbands and the trials they went through putting up with their husbands. Finally they wind up with, "Men! They'll never change!"

Just then a third friend bursts in and says, "Girls, I hate to interrupt your conversation but I need your help to pray God will send me a man in my life."

This skit goes through my mind every time somebody asks for prayer that God will help them find a spouse. :p

My first reflex is, "Why in the world would I pray for you to get some girl you'll have to put up with for the rest of your life?"

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Dear Christianchat.com,

Thank you for such a wonderful ministry. The world needs websites such as yours! God bless you all and keep serving Him.

I have made some choices in my life and believe they will all have good consequences. I'm sure most mature people know about choices and their consequences, good or bad. One choice I have made is to get married one day (for which I'm taking steps to be prepared for and I need to be spiritually, emotionally and financially ready and I'm working on all of these), so I want to find guys and girls who live in my area, meeting them online first. Kinda like a dating website but I want to contact them through live text chat or phone calls in the beginning, before meeting them in-person.

Then, I want my future wife to start "sticking out like a sore thumb" from the rest of the crowd. Not because I'm adopting "worldly ways" to impress her and attract her to me, but for her to see that my walk matches my talk and think to herself "Wow! This guy really does seek first the Kingdom Of God, and he puts me and others first. He asks me questions about my life and actually shows an interest in me and what I'm going through. I want to get involved with him, make him my boyfriend and marry him one day!" Of course, there's also the issue of making sure we're both compatible with each other as far as culture, morals and common interests are concerned but I'm sure God will take care of that. I live in the Palm Springs area in California, USA.

God Bless and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Roy.
meeting online before meeting in person, gives a false sense of authenticity.
Meeting other people in person is difficult enough as it is, without the internet.