Four Steps to Help You Genuinely Forgive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

1. Make a Quality Decision
Forgiveness is about more than saying a prayer, like, “Lord, I forgive so-and-so.” Forgiveness is a serious decision you make. It’s not easy and it will probably be uncomfortable or even painful, but the reward of going through it will be worth any pain you’ve experienced.

2. Depend on God
Fortunately, we can depend on God to gain the strength needed to forgive. This means we live with a prayerful mindset and attitude: “Lord, help me not to be offended today. Keep me from unnecessary anger. If I am mad at someone, show me who it is. Give me the grace to forgive them.” (See Ephesians 4:32.) If you’re easily offended or there’s a person in your life who just annoys you, not only do you have to decide to forgive and live in peace, but you are going to have to depend on God for the grace to do it and make it a matter of prayer.

3. Understand Your Emotions
You need to know that your feelings will probably need time to catch up with your decision to forgive. Your feelings are not the real you. They’re fickle. You can feel a thousand and one different ways about the same thing. You can love somebody one minute and then you can’t stand them the next. But remember, your will gives you the ability to live beyond your feelings.

4. Pray for Your Enemies
In Matthew 5:44 , Jesus instructs us tolove your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. This has got to be the hardest thing in the whole world to do. But we don’t get out of something just because it’s hard. Whatever God asks us to do, it’s always for our benefit.

Today, you have the choice to overcome evil with good and find a new level of joy you didn’t know was possible by choosing to forgive. I want to encourage you to do yourself a favor and make the right choice. Forgive.....

C

christianmotherof32011

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST.I FORGIVE EASY BUT ITS HARD FOR ME TO LET GO AND FORGET,THE PERSON I FIND HARD TO FORGIVE IN MY LIFE.IS ME.FOR THE THINGS IVE DONE WRONG IN MY PAST TO HURT PEOPLE.EXSPECIALLY THE ONES I AM THE CLOSEST TO AND THE ONES WHO TRULY LOVE ME.IM MY OWN WORST ENEMY AT TIMES.PLEASE PRAY FOR ME.

C

CB55

great post. praying we all can learn how to forgive how he wants us to. mom, praying for you especially