Fragile Health!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

IDFSteady

Hello everybody! I have never really made a prayer request thread, usually I just ask for prayer amongst my family and friends (my dad's a pastor, so our friends delight in prayer anyway lol), but I decided I would because life's being particularly scary and, well, there is no such thing as too much prayer!

Over the last year and a half or so, my health has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows. I've suffered from several chronic neurological disturbances, including dizziness, head pressure, blurry vision, ear pressure, foggy thoughts and mild vertigo for a very long time. I've also had bouts of numbness and "pins/needles" in my appendages, plus mild muscle tremors (it's creepy to be holding my computer mouse and suddenly find my hand jumping up an inch or two into the air for a second without me controlling it lol). I've become capable of living with these symptoms, though I have my anxiety and such, God has given me the capacity to live in spite of it all.

Well... I had an MRI done, finally, to try and suss out my head issues. Last week I was given the results, and it's not certain yet (going to be verified by a neurologist), but I likely have Multiple Sclerosis. On top of that, I was given Levaquin (a fluoroquinolone class antibiotic) to fight an apparent abdominal infection, and I have suffered SEVERE reactions (after a mere 2 pills, at which point I stopped taking it), including tendonitis and actual tendon ruptures, heightened vertigo, amplified neuropathy and double-vision. I may never be able to exercise properly again, and my neurological issues may be permanently worsened. My "infection" is also uncured, and my thyroid may be developing goiter or a large nodule. A lot of scary stuff all at once, like... within days of each other.

I have faith, I pray and read scripture, I trust that the Lord has me in His hands and I've found His peace many times over the last week. Even still, I would appreciate prayer, because you never know who God might use to help you and I don't know who God might use to help me.

Thanks, and sorry for the long rant!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I ask God to hold you close and heal you. May He comfort you with all comfort of peace in mind, heart and soul. In Jesus' name, amen.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for restoration of your health and improvement in all your body. God bless

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
There's nothing wrong with asking for prayer. I wish we would all do it more often, because prayer is so powerful :) Yikes, I'll keep you in prayer.
Dear Lord, we lift up our brother to you. You know everything he's been through, and you've been there with him every step of the way. Help him to remember that you will never leave him. Wrap him in your peace and comfort any time he might feel any sort of pain. Surround him with godly people who will continue to lift him up in prayer and support him. Lord, you work everything out for your good and according to your perfect timing. Give our brother patience and trust in you. We pray that you'll use all these hard times to strengthen him even more. May it be that he'll draw closer and closer to you. May it be that he'll be able to bless and encourage someone else with his experiences. Lord you're also a healing God. We're claiming and believing right now that he can be healed by your grace and power. Help our brother to keep on trusting, keep on believing, to never give up, to never underestimate you, but to live his life to be more and more like you. We thank you for what you're going to do, for the testimonies that we will hear from him. We pray all these things in your name, amen.

S

shekaniah

Father you know the hearst and minds of everyone involved...move people to pray that are close to IDFSteady,
give all who know and care for him knowledge, depth and insight...In Jesus Name, Amen

M

Miguel7

He is Jehova Rapha, The God that Heals (mends).

Our Great Healer, I thank you that you took our infirmities by the stripes upon your back. Though we did not deserve such grace and mercy. Thank you for healing your daughter and making her whole, to bring peace and strength. To Your glory, Amen.