free bible commentary by joyce meyer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 15, 2013
The narrator on that Youtube video exhibits his own fair portion of bias and ears which refuse to hear.

I agree that a person who listens to Joyce must do so in full recognition that she is but another human complete with her struggle to learn just as us all.

But the narrator makes the statement that words do not have power and accuses her of introducing some sort of demonic theory which is not able to be supported in the scriptures, and that is simply not true. Many scriptures quite plainly reveal that power to be present in words. In fact, the words of God have the power of life in them. John 6:68 "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." ---- John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

You know that if you speak negatively to your spouse what it will gain for you. And you ought to know that a person can speak their way into many a complication in this life. Words are very powerful and can be used for either good or for bad with long-lasting consequences.

And, she spoke not of the demon itself as having the stink, as the narrator claimed, but of the person who was demon possessed. I take her to be speaking in a manner like as, Philippians 4:18 "But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God."

She has her flaws and is not perfect in her doctrine, but please, let's not demonize her.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2013
she is bad news bro you cant put enough lipstick and perfume on this one a little poison still kills as much as a lot.
balaam all the way
I would not necessarily recommend her to others as a spiritual reference but it does not appear that she is an enemy to those who love God.

T

TheMachine

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. James 3:1

kard you said "I would not necessarily recommend her to others as a spiritual reference but it does not appear that she is an enemy to those who love God."

Given the fact that so many people rely and hang on her teaching, and she has stated that she has revelation that she prays God would give us so that she would be understood better....so that SHE would be understood better???, why not preach the Word? Why not preach scriptural revelation? To preach people away from the Word is indeed leading the church away from God and Christ, one might argue that in and of itself that is the definition of an enemy of those who love God.

I agree that the narrator had a bias indeed, but a fan of a winning team may be arrogant, but his or her team is still the winning team.And even with the blatant bias, Joyce still came up short on sympathy.

And saying a person or possessed person has a distinct demon like odor is simply not in scripture.

You are correct that we give words power, but the repetition of a word or combination of words has as much to do with my destiny as the weather in Florida. God has the power(and I need to be good with that,not try and name it and claim it away from Him) and He holds my destiny, which is His will in my life,which I must surrender daily to and be totally willing to accept even when it is not my will. To preach that would be to love those who love God , anything else would be false teaching and put people above God.

Again, I am enjoying this discussion and look forward to your insight....God Bless

The Machine

Feb 17, 2010
HEY !!

Can anybody tell me a way to get free bible commentary by joyce meyer or any other great man of god ?
My friend Christ Jesus the Holy Spirit is the ONLY ONE that can reveal God's Scripture (The bible) for you. Do NOT take it from any "great man or woman of God" Go to GOD!!!!

God said if you draw close to Him He will draw close to you.... Just go into prayer, and ask God to REVEAL His Word for you...
Jesus said... You shall know the Truth (God's Word is Truth) and the Truth shall make you free.... And If He makes you free you are free indeed...

Now here is the challenge.... AFTER God made you free, come back here, then you name the GREAT MEN OF GOD for me.... OK!

So Go to God and pray with a receptive heart, that God would TEACH YOU and REVEAL HIS TRUTH TO YOU....

I ask with you... LORD SHOW MY FRIEND YOUR WORD. AMEN!

Feb 17, 2010
I believe this....
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

I just cannot get myself to listen to woman preachers.... Even before I knew this was in the Bible... And now? I Am in Truth without me even knowing God put this in HIS Truth... Also 1 Cor 14... Very ENLIGHTING...

Mar 15, 2013
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. James 3:1

kard you said "I would not necessarily recommend her to others as a spiritual reference but it does not appear that she is an enemy to those who love God."

Given the fact that so many people rely and hang on her teaching, and she has stated that she has revelation that she prays God would give us so that she would be understood better....so that SHE would be understood better???, why not preach the Word? Why not preach scriptural revelation? To preach people away from the Word is indeed leading the church away from God and Christ, one might argue that in and of itself that is the definition of an enemy of those who love God.

I agree that the narrator had a bias indeed, but a fan of a winning team may be arrogant, but his or her team is still the winning team.And even with the blatant bias, Joyce still came up short on sympathy.

And saying a person or possessed person has a distinct demon like odor is simply not in scripture.

You are correct that we give words power, but the repetition of a word or combination of words has as much to do with my destiny as the weather in Florida. God has the power(and I need to be good with that,not try and name it and claim it away from Him) and He holds my destiny, which is His will in my life,which I must surrender daily to and be totally willing to accept even when it is not my will. To preach that would be to love those who love God , anything else would be false teaching and put people above God.

Again, I am enjoying this discussion and look forward to your insight....God Bless

The Machine
Yes, I misspoke as what I meant was I would not necessarily recommend her to others as a doctrinal authority but it does not appear that she is an enemy to those who love God, and if you can find anything to condemn her for in this video speech I here am posting, then you are straining too hard to find flaw.

The following video fills in the full truth of what she says about the power of words and also shows what I said about her laying her life open to help other women.

At the opening she expresses an idea that I in part disagree with, that being the same idea that Harold Camping also taught about something occurring between Genesis verse one and verse two for that void to occur. But I agree that a spiritual person can see that God's ability to transform that waste into beautiful order does show his power to do the same for us. And I 100% agree with how she explains this happens, using scripture after scripture to support all she says.

Watch the entirety of this video and suspend your judgment of her until you have completely listened.

Joyce Meyer - The Mouth - YouTube

L

ladylynn

Hello Brother The Machine.,

I am sort of new to CC about 4 wks now (feels like longer) really have enjoyed it here and still learning how to post so keep that in mind ok. :) Will try to answer after your questions ok?

okee dokee

ladylynn:

I can see that you are a fan of Joyce Meyers and that is entirely up to you. You are also a professing Christian so that makes you a sister in Christ, so I will respond with that in mind.

Yes, I am a fan since being house bound 3yrs ago and now dilivered :D Saved in a GARBC Church 1982 and very thankful for the sound doctrin taught and enables me to remember scripture to some degree too. Thank you for remembering I'm your sis. :D

You said:
HI TheMachine, I have not heard what you posted about JoyceM and the smell of demons? Sounds like a Frank Peretti Novel series -"This Present Darkness" and "Piercing The Darkness" (good reading). Maybe she was referencing that?

Sadly she wasn't referencing Mr.Peretti's writing,but instead waxing eloquent about the smell of demons.....demons do not have bodies, hence they do not have odor. I have included the youtube video for you to review.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0MYnM5eiAo‎

Holy cow :rolleyes: Those who put up this site seem very bias and like you - only hearing Mrs.Meyers in part. The smell from what i can hear here is like the "sweet savor" like when the Bible says sweet smelling savor goes up. I don't know about people who r possessed but it would seem to be pretty negative on a human body or not much of a savor to God or us. People who have been around demon possessed people have more experience in those matters. Spiritually and earthly speaking I would think it is a stenchy smell in the nostrils of God and His children.

Your points on name it claim are very positive, but again Joyce does not really preach the same theology. She believes words have power and can manifest a persons destiny, that seems a bit off the scriptural mark, wouldn't you agree? In this case especially, she is using her pulpit to preach that you can manifest your destiny by saying words and that would make you small "g" god of your own world. Again I think this is not very good to be preaching to the masses of people that listen to her.
You may be a "claim it gal" but not quite in the same way that Joyce would have you be.

We name and claim every day of our lives. Words are sooo important. If a person says "I will NEVER be able to get that done on time" or "I hate that job" or "I hate shopping" or "I can't stand doing that" or "If something bad is going to happen, it's gonna happen to me" A day in the life and making it all the more difficult. It is hard to be around people like that especially when something has to be done. They are so negative and depressing. We all know people who have joyless lives of a most negative nature. They believe each day for the negative and speak it daily. Old crabby sour puss Christians even, we all have met them.
We should say instead:
"I will be able to get this done with the Lords help and I'm even going to enjoy and learn something from it" " I am thankful to have a job and I will do it unto the Lord and do it happily for Him." " I am thankful i have money to go to the store and I am even going to learn to LIKE going to the store as I do it unto the Lord and for my family" etc... an attitude adjustment needed.
What JM is saying is not only in the natural realm does it help to say the positive but also in the spiritual realm - Know the Word of God and say it to yourself like you say those other things. Say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 Know who you r in Christ... If we don't know who we r in Jesus, we will never lay hold of the truth of living a victorious life.

God Loves me unconditionally., Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Knowing God loves me is a major truth to build other truthes on. Hey Brother, I don't understand why you have a problem with this positive stuff. We make a choice each day to do things and can do them with a grateful heart or a ungrateful and annoyed heart-attitude. I chose a positive side of the coin. My cup is really always half full to overflowing even if it "feels"' like it is not. The reality is Christ has saved my soul and I am so blessed to be His child. Dwelling on that truth is best and God even tells us to. Rejoice in the Lord always and again i say rejoice.

I have since discovered He told us these things for a reason. Where our mind goes we follow. If we allow our minds to dwell on ungodly things, we will think ungodly thoughts. and do ungodly things. 2 Tim 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. :D name it and claim it. That's Biblical.

As for:The only sort of non "Biblical" rhetoric I can see is she talks about (forinstance) making sure IF you put a "christian fish sign" on your car, don't act like a heathen. Or if u take a "shopping cart" and unload your car, put it back in the shopping cart stack thing. Shopping carts r not in the Bible.

How
do I put this? We'll let Joyce put it for us, and I quote....“Now whether you like it or not, whether you want to admit it or not, whether you want to operate on it or not, you are made the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ. Most people who go to denominational churches never ever hear that! They never hear it! Never! All I was ever taught to say was, ‘I, a poor, miserable sinner.’ I am not poor. I am not miserable. And I am not a sinner. That is a lie from the pit of hell!"

:) Being saved a transaction took place. God saved me and put His Holy Spirit in me. I am a new creature. I am His child now with the power of the Holy Spirit working in me to believe and trust Him and not worry. What can man do to me? The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet wters, he refreshes my soul. Psalm 23:1-2 :) When I chose to trust Him and really live the truth my walk with God changed. Something different happend. I didn't speak in tongues like many people have experienced but by faith I don't worry anymore about tomorrow. I believe what God said to the degree of it being working faith. Now I get what George Mueller in the late 1800s early 1900s went through when he was able to ask the Lord to feed those poor orphans and praying when he couldn't get the food himself. God provided. :) We R made the righteousness of God in Christ- that is who we are now. No longer have to live like the pig in the pen. :) We have the old flesh but we r made righteous in Jesus so we can live that way through Him. Eph 2:10
For we are God's own handiwork His workmanship recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew that we may do those good works which God predestiined planned beforehand for us taking paths which He prepared ahead of time, that we should walk in them living the good life which He prearragned and made ready for us to live. And this is a choice we make daily. We can decide to take the other road of disobedience and live the consequences of a sinful life. Now we can follow Jesus and He enables us to bear fruit. :D

I guess you can say i keep trying to see myself as God sees me., His child who He loves unconditionally- He forgives me when I sin and gives me the strength needed to keep stepping in the steps He has planned for me. Knowing this makes daily walking joyful even if circumstances r not always fun.

or this gem

“The Bible can’t even find any way to explain this. Not really. That’s why you’ve got to get it by revelation. There are no words to explain what I’m telling you. I’ve got to just trust God that He’s putting it into your spirit like He put it into mine.

Words didn't explain what I learned by faith TheMachine. Can't explain it or conprehend all of it but do accept it., peace that passes all understanding. Each time we read the Bible as the years go by, something new is learned. You know the verse that says the Word of God is like a sword that cuts to the dividing assunder of soul and spirit? how do u explain that sort of thing except by faith?
:cool:

I would think that a preacher who claims that God cannot find a way to express something in His word and ask you to divert from it would be a bit more than chatting about shopping carts.....

As for getting married to Jesus, well that is a way that some might understand and the church is the bride of Christ so no worries I guess....

Now to quote you:

Some people deal with things I don't understand forinstance- demon posession. Sure it is creepy but none the less- a fact of the spriritual realm on earth. Why do people condemn what they don't understand?? :confused: Christians should know better. :(

demon possession is what it is, I understand what scripture has to say about it and I am not condemning speaking about it. I would say that making up silly nonsense about it would be silly, I would also say that a preacher who doesn't understand it and makes up silly nonsense is misleading the flock. You are right ,Christians should know better than to allow someone who speaks passionately to lead them down the garden path and away from scripture. You seem nice and your statement about what you believe name claim it means shows that you get what scripture teaches, again I say with sadness, Joyce does not get it and she should know better indeed for Paul said and I quote "Give diligence to present yourself approved by God, a workman who doesn’t need to be ashamed, properly handling the Word of Truth."

Properly handling the Word of Truth, "handling" would mean both giving and receiving the Word of Truth, as Christians we should indeed know better how to receive The Word of Truth.

God Bless you as you seek Him in all things.

The Machine

Hats off to those who can take the time to post here. It took a looooooooong time but it was fun. Hope we can share some more TheMachine :) Sure hope this is readable.

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Namaste, I would do as maxwel suggests, put "Joyce Meyer Bible commentary" in your search provider, Google, IE, or what ever. You should come up with at least references......God bless you...[QUOTE=marvelous;1020769]Any serious advice brothers and sisters ???:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

S

stevef

Pretty much agree with kardia. I listen to Joyce and while she sometimes says some things that raise my eyebrows, or may not strike a chord with what I've found to be true for me, by far most of what she preaches does. She sticks pretty close to scripture from what I've heard. There's no doubt she has a tremendous gift to teach in a way that people enjoy and understand, and imo she and her ministry have done a lot of good and helped a lot of people. When you have preached as much as JM over the years, there are going to be things she's said that can be criticized, but she shows plenty of humor and humility and admits she has had to learn a lot over the years, and is still learning.

M

marvelous

Marvelous,

You should be able to Google up all kinds of Bible commentaries.

There's a site called biblestudytools.com that has commentaries, lexicons, various bible versions, etc.
It might be a good place to start.

Thank you brother Maxwel for the precious advice !!!:eek:

M

marvelous

I am grateful to all the brothers and sisters who have replied to this thread for their valuable suggestions, advice. Thanks a lot !!! :eek: