Free of charge answers, ask me and I will try to get back ASAP.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

larz

Free of charge answers, ask me and I will try to get back ASAP.

Been working as a Hardcore PC Troubleshooter and Freelance PC Technician.

Questions may be about:
•Removing Viruses/Malware/Adware/Rootkits ETC.
•Printer install
•Hardware troubleshoot
•Pop ups
•Anything else and I will try with my best knowledge.

S

Siberian_Khatru

That's awfully kind of you, larz. :)

Do you understand what the purpose of LPM is in RAID arrays? Could you summarize what it's purpose/benefit(s) is? I have a basic understanding of LPM but I'm not sure of how it's beneficial in a RAID setup.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
you didn't need to start another dupe thread in here. A mod is moving your thread from misc. into this forum, so now you have two dupe threads in here. For future reference, please use the advanced search box up top on the right here, and enter the subject you wish to post on, BEFORE creating a thread. There are dozens of threads on any subject, including computer advice. :)

L

larz

I hope I'm right if I understood your "LPM" question regarding "Link Power Management" for RAID.

As far as I know, RAID, uses multiple storage disks. So this would help with Power management(of course), we would like to make the life of the whole PC longer by managing the power that flows through its parts, giving only what is needed (lower in standby or sleep, higher with more tasks) - enduring normal wear-and-tear through regular usage. So if you have multiple disks, LPM in RAID is actually useful for the Disk, power and data lines, and supply.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I hope I'm right if I understood your "LPM" question regarding "Link Power Management" for RAID.

As far as I know, RAID, uses multiple storage disks. So this would help with Power management(of course), we would like to make the life of the whole PC longer by managing the power that flows through its parts, giving only what is needed (lower in standby or sleep, higher with more tasks) - enduring normal wear-and-tear through regular usage. So if you have multiple disks, LPM in RAID is actually useful for the Disk, power and data lines, and supply.
That's as I understood it. Its implementation seems to have only caused problems when managed by Intel's RST (software managed RAID), though, so I thought I was missing something.

Much appreciated, larz!