Freedom from sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am listening... thank you!

[video=youtube;P6Fo3BN1m7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Fo3BN1m7M&app=desktop[/video]

Jan 7, 2015
Yes, you can have all your past sins forgiven, and can also truly be set free from sin, that is the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But many still being servants of sin doubt this message as true and fight against it, even though Jesus said it was true. The one thing I saw that was off in the video was, the speaker said this is done by way of water baptism, that is incorrect. The one baptism that resurrects us and sets us free from the law of sin and death by the power of God is the One baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is referred to as the law of the Spirit of Life here...

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So don't believe all the lies from false teachers which only brings doubt to what Jesus said about truly being set free from sin. And don't believe all the lies that ongoing sin will not effect your eternal security, because that is also a lie straight from hell, because Jesus said a servant of sin abides not in the house forever.

Believe in the words of Jesus and the apostles, for the Truth shall set you free!

Sep 4, 2012
Yes, you can have all your past sins forgiven, and can also truly be set free from sin, that is the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But many still being servants of sin doubt this message as true and fight against it, even though Jesus said it was true. The one thing I saw that was off in the video was, the speaker said this is done by way of water baptism, that is incorrect. The one baptism that resurrects us and sets us free from the law of sin and death by the power of God is the One baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is referred to as the law of the Spirit of Life here...

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So don't believe all the lies from false teachers which only brings doubt to what Jesus said about truly being set free from sin. And don't believe all the lies that ongoing sin will not effect your eternal security, because that is also a lie straight from hell, because Jesus said a servant of sin abides not in the house forever.

Believe in the words of Jesus and the apostles, for the Truth shall set you free!
Actually, the spirit by itself can do nothing. Obedience to the witness of the spirit is everything. And according to scripture, water baptism is obedience to the witness of the spirit.

Jan 7, 2015
Actually, the spirit by itself can do nothing. Obedience to the witness of the spirit is everything. And according to scripture, water baptism is obedience to the witness of the spirit.
Water baptism is the baptism of repentance and is done by men. But it is the Spirit that gives Life, and this One baptism of the Spirit is what brings us into the body of Christ, and can only be given by God upon whom He has chosen to anoint.

F

FreeNChrist

I agree. A "spirit" by "itself" can do nothing.

Sep 4, 2012
Water baptism is the baptism of repentance and is done by men. But it is the Spirit that gives Life, and this One baptism of the Spirit is what brings us into the body of Christ, and can only be given by God upon whom He has chosen to anoint.
You're confusing John's baptism with Christ's baptism. John's water baptism was unto repentance; water baptism in the name of Jesus is unto forgiveness of sins. Peter and the apostles were given the authority to authorize it.

Jan 7, 2015
You're confusing John's baptism with Christ's baptism. John's water baptism was unto repentance; water baptism in the name of Jesus is unto forgiveness of sins. Peter and the apostles were given the authority to authorize it.
No, I'm not confusing water baptism with the Holy Spirit baptism, I am showing the difference. Water baptism does not wash the insides and water baptism by men does not give us a new heart by being made a new creation in Christ. Water baptism does not set you free from sin by the power of the Spirit. It is the Living waters by the power of the Spirit of God in Christ that cleanses the insides and truly sets us free from the power of sin and death.

The One Baptism I speak of that sets us free by spiritual rebirth into Christ is that of the Holy Spirit......

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

C

coby

I agree, but baptism is very powerful and more powerful than most realize.

Nov 22, 2015
I know water baptism is an outward sign of an inward happening but I too think it is very important. If people were taught the real gospel right at the start where they died with Christ and rose with Him to be a new creation in Christ....that the "old man" has died when Christ died....that you now have an inner man created in righteousness and holiness... - we would have a greater revelation of the awesome work of our Lord which would reflect in their walk with the Lord.

I agree, but baptism is very powerful and more powerful than most realize.

Jan 7, 2015
I received water baptism in my early 20's but I was not truly made a new man in Christ by the baptism of the Holy Spirit until 17 years later. At "that day" I not only knew, but also understood what it truly meant to be set free from sin and to have Christ in me, and that I also was in Christ by the Spirit. And when God revealed His Son in me at that time, it was just as Jesus described it below....

John 14:15-26[SUP]15 [/SUP]If ye love me, keep my commandments.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Feb 9, 2010
I'm glad someone knows baptism is in the name of Jesus,for Luke said baptism is to be done in Jesus' name,for Jesus is the name of the Father,Son,and Holy Ghost,which the Father in the Old Testament said He would reveal a new name to the Jews,and Jesus said He came in His Father's name,and Hebrews chapter 1 says,that the Son inherited the name from the Father,and the Spirit comes in the name of Jesus,which in the book of Acts,Jews,Gentiles,and Samaritans were all baptized in the name of Jesus,in which some were baptized unto John's baptism,but had to be baptized in to Jesus' name,in which there is no other name under heaven whereby we are saved,which Father,Son,and Holy Ghost,are titles,not names,and everything we do in word,and deed,do all in the name of Jesus.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Baptism is necessary for salvation,for we must identify with the man Christ Jesus,who died,was buried,and resurrected,by repenting of our sins,being water baptized,and receiving the Spirit.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I was baptized in water long after (well 3 mos) I had received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
I experienced nothing in my water baptism but I did it because the same Lord who saved me, was the same Lord who told me in His Word to be water baptized.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Are we talking about being free from sin or about baptism? Although I think understanding baptism is important for sure, see when i was little kid I was an attention seeker church was boring for me and the thought came to me of getting baptized because I knew all eyes would be on me. however when I became a Christian I wanted to get baptized because I knew my first time didn't count. The baptism of water however didn't affect me in any way but I do wonder about the baptism of fire.

You see when i became a Christian something amazing happened the morning I was saved I woke up consumed by a powerful fire it was so full of life and I could feel God's power and the fire of the holy spirit burning in me and all around me. I am the kind of person who needs massive amounts of caffeine to wake up in the morning but not that time oh no I woke and jumped out of bed dancing around my room. This fire of his was so full of life not energy it isn't the same as being energized, if i ever could relate the baptism of fire spoken of this would be it for me, i don't know if what I expereinced was the baptism of fire or not but that fire that engulfed me was something I have never known or expereinced before