Freedom = surrender???? what worship is

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jes

Jan 16, 2011
The answer is YES :) I have never posted a thread before, but i want to talk a little about worship. I hear so many people ask why do you DO worship? why sing songs? ect. well the point of the songs in church are not just a nice way to begin with church. When you are singing to god, and we actually are conscious of the songs we are singing we are in a way praying. when you are worshiping, it is a full heart level surrender to our lord. when we are in times of worship and in surrender that encourages the holy spirit to move through us and in is. So as we are in that personal time with Christ he prepares us for what he has for us that day. One more point to make Worship is not only singing songs, its a way of life. I love Romans 12 which paints a beautiful picture of worship by saying " 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." (niv) anyhow i just figured id get this off my chest :)