Friends and such...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LovingtheLord

I know in the bible it talks about keeping the right company but what if you are at school and "locked up" to say the least with bad company, company swears, talks garbage about God, blasphemes frequently, talk about intercouse, mostly anything bad i'm surrounded like it on a daily basis, what would you do in this situation?

Aug 2, 2009
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalm 23:4-6 KJV

M

mexicansaint

i would get seperated from those type of friends. i did, although im a loner now at school i got a lot of free time of looking into god word. i know its hard at first but youll get use to it. everytime im surrounded with bad influence its a huge temptation for me to fallow in.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?2nd corinthians 6:14

B

Bobbyking

I know in the bible it talks about keeping the right company but what if you are at school and "locked up" to say the least with bad company, company swears, talks garbage about God, blasphemes frequently, talk about intercouse, mostly anything bad i'm surrounded like it on a daily basis, what would you do in this situation?
Hi

It is truly challenging in your situation to walk right with God amid friends who walk otherwise. And I want to encourage you to continue to stand strong and firm as a believer. :)

That said, you need to make some tough decisions::cool:

1. Make conscious efforts to stay away from them. I am not saying that you should dump your friends, but rather, meet them only when you really have to (check on school info, projects etc). When you do this, you ARE NOT JUDGING them, but you are obeying God's word in 1 Cor 15:33, 'Do not be misled; bad company corrupts good character. You may, temporary, become a loner and that's where you need to do the second point below.

2. Make conscious efforts to find new friends, especially those who, like yourself, love the Lord and are committed to walk right with Him. You can start by involving in a new hobby or sports. It does open doors to meet new people. Don't forget to get involve in your local Church. Join their youth or young adult fellowships.

In due time, there is always a place and time where you will be a strong light to them, and some of them may draw closer to you because they are attracted to your Godly lifestyle. And God will open the door of someone's heart so that you can share the message of Jesus Christ to them.

God bless!

A

Aqua_Girl09

that easy actually. see the problem you're having is trying to fit in. you're NOT going to fit in. If you're really showing God's love and the life that God wants you to live those people will call you a freak. they'll start saying things like "they're so fake and why does she act like shes all that" you politely say please don't curse around me i don't like it and etc. they'll catch on quick that this girl isn't like everyone else. they'll avoid cursing around you and talking about bad things cause they know that you don't like it. and if they ignore you and keep doing it then don't sit with them. i graduated two years ago so i KNOW that its not hard to get away from it. You're just being lazy and blaming someone else. you can't control your friends but you CAN control what you're around. if you need to eat lunch in the hall to get away from them (which i've done on a number of occasions) then do it. do what it takes so YOUR soul can get into heaven. cause when you're in front of God and he says why did you mess up you can't say "cause so and so made me" its YOUR actions.

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
I don't think that in present time many people don't heard about the Good News. In this situation I guess christians important to show your best qualities of " the new person" without a word. Have a patience and keep your faith.:cool:
Maybe, suitable will be "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.( Matthew 7:6):)
It is always a great encouragement to me when I meet the true followers of Christ. May God bless everyone of you.:)

T

Tobby17

Aqua_Girl09, big LOL 2 yer....by the way he's a guy not a girl.. o_O

And LovingtheLord, it is written that if any man loves God, the same is known of him... When i gave my life to Christ, it wasn't long before ppl noticed, even the whole street..lol. And i got many *NickNames* for that..lol....I was talking with somebody some time ago and when he started *cursing*, i simply told him i didn't like such words.. So, you know what to do..

You should watch ur friends, and you know that! :)

A

Aqua_Girl09

my bad >_< i didn't check.

S

SantoSubito

I'll propose a slightly differnet view than what most people have put forth. Instead of trying to separate yourself from the wicked and sinners, embrace them. When Christ walked the Earth he did not walk among the righteous; he walked among the wicked, the sinners, and the unrighteous. Thank God for the fact that you are fortunate enough to suffer walking among the wicked and embrace your suffering as Christ embraced his cross.

A

Aqua_Girl09

Just be really careful when you're among them because its a LOT easier for you to be pulled down then for you to full them up. when you're around people that are not of God all the time you find yourself slipping and compromising cause everyone around you doesn't care if you're not living a Godly life.

thats why its so important to be part of a church family and have Godly friends who will help keep you up and tell you when you're messing up.

yes you should be among the fallen so they can see God's light through you but be careful of what rubs off on you. >_^

C

Cocoa

Well, I'm in highschool and I'm constantly surrounded by the same stuff. And this is how I look at it, God spent his time with prostitutes, tax collectors, and all in all sinners. Well, thats our mission field! We are called to proclaim God's greatness. So, do that! I think of my school as my mission field, I get the opportunity to go there everyday and witness to the broken, the lost, and the unsaved. You are privileged to be around people that dont know what Jesus did for them. Work with what God has given you and you will be blessed. And no doubt, you will be persecuted, but you know that there is a bigger picture and its not all about you, but what you can do through the power that Christ instills in you! :)

D

Doodle_Fossil

why would you care what they think you are an individual and have your own rights.