From the ashes....Christ prevails

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

greytmari

Hello,
My name is Marilee and I live in a small town in NC. I feel so blessed to have found this place and have been so encouraged reading the different posts. Exactly one year ago today, my husband of sixteen years and the father of my kids, ages 14 and 17, decided that he no longer wanted to be married and abandoned the family both physically and emotionally. There was another woman involved and have been several since and to say I was destroyed is an understatement. As I walked this morning in our beautiful North Carolina air, I was recalling how far the Lord has brought me in just one year and just how very very blessed I am.
I grew up in a wonderful Christian family and my parents have been married 35 years. I was blessed to attend Christian school from K-College and was always in church.
I made the mistake of being unequally yoked and married a non believer. For 16 years we shared a wonderful friendship and raised two great kids. My husband was active duty Air Force for 13 years and is now finishing out his 20 years in the NC National Guard. I loved being an Air Force spouse and moving and seeing so much of the world. Our marriage was by no means perfect and honestly we were probably better friends than anything else but last year, my self-esteem, my family and just about everything was destroyed and wiped out like a nuclear bomb had hit us. I went into a severe depression and two months later the Lord, who I had not been living for for well over 20 years, brought me back to him through grace and his mercy. Today I am still healing but with a wonderful church family and amazing Christian friends as well as a daily and personal relationship with the Lord, I have begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Reading Dr. Dobson's book "Love Must Be Tough" has helped so much and I can finally say that peace has broken out and the Lord has taken my anger and depression ad turned it into love and compassion. I pray daily that my husband will turn his heart to Christ and that he will return to our family. The process of forgiveness took me a year but oh how great is the grace of God. Today, I can say that every day is a blessing and an adventure and to anyone out there who may be experiencing terrible, heart wrenching emotional or even physical pain, Jesus is truly the answer. I have learned in my daily walk that perseverance and true dependance on the Lord is the only way I can live. I am sorry to go on like this but I just wanted to share the grace and unending love of Christ in my life and what it took to bring me back to him. I would not wish what I have been through on anyone but I do not know that I would change a thing. I look forward to becoming involved in this forum and I have been so encouraged and learned as well. Thank you all for just being here and sharing your love and faith in Christ, I have been truly blessed.
Marilee, NC

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Glad that you're back in His arms, Marilee :)! I'm glad that the site's been helpful....IDK if you've seen any of the threads where people are asking why it matters whether the person that they date is a believer or not, but they are often very open to advice, and I bet your story would get their attention if you post in a thread like that.
Anyway, welcome to the site :).

U

Ugly

Welcome
Fellow NCer here, myself. Enjoy CC.

S

SylviaheartJC

Hi Marilee, doens'nt it feel amazing to be blessed? Our Lord is amazing!! I'm glad you found this site and hope to talk to you soon! :)

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello Marilee I'm glad you joined Christian Chat.

E

Eugene

Hello,

My name is Marilee and I live in a small town in NC. I feel so blessed to have found this place and have been so encouraged reading the different posts. Exactly one year ago today, my husband of sixteen years and the father of my kids, ages 14 and 17, decided that he no longer wanted to be married and abandoned the family both physically and emotionally. There was another woman involved and have been several since and to say I was destroyed is an understatement. As I walked this morning in our beautiful North Carolina air, I was recalling how far the Lord has brought me in just one year and just how very very blessed I am.
I grew up in a wonderful Christian family and my parents have been married 35 years. I was blessed to attend Christian school from K-College and was always in church.
I made the mistake of being unequally yoked and married a non believer. For 16 years we shared a wonderful friendship and raised two great kids. My husband was active duty Air Force for 13 years and is now finishing out his 20 years in the NC National Guard. I loved being an Air Force spouse and moving and seeing so much of the world. Our marriage was by no means perfect and honestly we were probably better friends than anything else but last year, my self-esteem, my family and just about everything was destroyed and wiped out like a nuclear bomb had hit us. I went into a severe depression and two months later the Lord, who I had not been living for for well over 20 years, brought me back to him through grace and his mercy. Today I am still healing but with a wonderful church family and amazing Christian friends as well as a daily and personal relationship with the Lord, I have begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Reading Dr. Dobson's book "Love Must Be Tough" has helped so much and I can finally say that peace has broken out and the Lord has taken my anger and depression ad turned it into love and compassion. I pray daily that my husband will turn his heart to Christ and that he will return to our family. The process of forgiveness took me a year but oh how great is the grace of God. Today, I can say that every day is a blessing and an adventure and to anyone out there who may be experiencing terrible, heart wrenching emotional or even physical pain, Jesus is truly the answer. I have learned in my daily walk that perseverance and true dependance on the Lord is the only way I can live. I am sorry to go on like this but I just wanted to share the grace and unending love of Christ in my life and what it took to bring me back to him. I would not wish what I have been through on anyone but I do not know that I would change a thing. I look forward to becoming involved in this forum and I have been so encouraged and learned as well. Thank you all for just being here and sharing your love and faith in Christ, I have been truly blessed.
Marilee, NC
hi, welcome to christian chat

G

greytmari

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys and the encouragement!!
Marilee in Eden, NC

L

Lovesong

Welcome to CC thankyou for sharing your testimony ^^