From the Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I posted the following in another thread, but it merits its own:

There are many who are pre-Antioch* believers of Jesus Christ. Many like to call Him by His Hebrew name, and some even call Him by what His name should translate to, which is Salvation.

Terms do not mean anything in the sight of God (god is from Sanskrit), it is what is in the heart. In other words we do not simply speak with our lips, it is our hearts that say it all, to Yahweh that is.

It is for this cause I placed I am a Christian in my profile so as not to confuse any who are weak in the faith or the superficial, depending on which applies.

It would serve all well to listen (read) to understand, not simply listen (read) to reply. It is a blessing.

*Pre-Antioch Believers are not burdened down by any label, preferring to be knows as being of the faith of Abraham, that faith that Yeshua referred to.

B

BradC

There are many who are pre-Antioch* believers of Jesus Christ. Many like to call Him by His Hebrew name, and some even call Him by what His name should translate to, which is Salvation.

Terms do not mean anything in the sight of God (god is from Sanskrit), it is what is in the heart. In other words we do not simply speak with our lips, it is our hearts that say it all, to Yahweh that is.

It is for this cause I placed I am a Christian in my profile so as not to confuse any who are weak in the faith or the superficial, depending on which applies.

It would serve all well to listen (read) to understand, not simply listen (read) to reply. It is a blessing.

*Pre-Antioch Believers are not burdened down by any label, preferring to be knows as being of the faith of Abraham, that faith that Yeshua referred to.
For somebody that has an issue with believers who you think have a problem with identification (some of Paul, Cephas and Apollos) you certainly speak well of yourself and want others to know just who you are. You are a very self oriented Christian (my opinion), who does not want to be identified with that label and that is carnal and legalistic. You detach yourself from others in the body of Christ and are impatient with those who do not agree with your belief system. The one who died for us on the cross and the name that was given to him whereby all men can be saved is JESUS and don't you forget it with all your Abrahamic pride.

Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
for He is just the same as His lovely name,
and that's the reason why I love Him so,
for Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

Here are the last (2) verses of scripture that the Spirit of Almighty God wanted us to remember and never forget...

Rev 22:20,21 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

...and I will add this verse as well...

2 Thes 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
For somebody that has an issue with believers who you think have a problem with identification (some of Paul, Cephas and Apollos) you certainly speak well of yourself and want others to know just who you are. You are a very self oriented Christian (my opinion), who does not want to be identified with that label and that is carnal and legalistic. You detach yourself from others in the body of Christ and are impatient with those who do not agree with your belief system. The one who died for us on the cross and the name that was given to him whereby all men can be saved is JESUS and don't you forget it with all your Abrahamic pride.

Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
for He is just the same as His lovely name,
and that's the reason why I love Him so,
for Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

Here are the last (2) verses of scripture that the Spirit of Almighty God wanted us to remember and never forget...

Rev 22:20,21 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

...and I will add this verse as well...

2 Thes 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
my dear brother bradc.. i want you to notice something... the very nature of the gentiles prove that it is only Jesus, i've been looking at certain things closely like whatever is in the bible which is spiritually must be manifested in the flesh and i want you to look at this i'm sure you see it every single day also, now the bible said the gentiles doesn't have the law they do everything contrary to the law by NATURE, now we know this is true and this MUST BE REVEALED because the bible said so now brother i want you to look very closely at this

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

now brother... what name do you hear every single sinner saying, EVEN MUSLIMS and ATHEIST, if something interesting happens or they are angry they say JC, have you notice this, i asked an atheist friend he said he doesn't believe in God why he can't stop saying JC the very person you said you don't believe in he said i don't know it's just normal, just take a look at this brother as u go through your day, or even if you put on the tv or watch a movie it's manifested everywhere

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
and do not waste your time with the wise and prudent brother just leave it alone, i thank God i was never a prideful person i don't want any knowledge from myself only the word of God, know how many wise people persecuted me, saying i'm just a young person and they are a bible scholar who studied the bible for years, then i would say the bible isn't understood by knowledge it's understood by spiritual revelation, then they would say nope read the whole bible then come back to me, just leave them alone let them be wise in their own conceit, not speaking about this thread in particular but just in general

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
When the Spirit leaves the body and the lips be dead and unable to speak, then we will understand :)

From the heart indeed.

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
When the Spirit leaves the body and the lips be dead and unable to speak, then we will understand :)

From the heart indeed.
there is no repentance after death, would be wise to understand now...

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
there is no repentance after death, would be wise to understand now...
Romans 8
26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according tothe will of God.
Why not read the original post again and stop making everything about you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Usually when the word, god, is used in reference to our Father, it is in place of the original Hebrew word, Elohim

I use God much of the time for our Maker, but I have in mind what it is from, that being Elohim.

Elohim is plural, and when I first learned this, it shed lots of light on God for me, for He is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, yet He is One.

I was tempted to use Elohim in place of God, and I do much of the time with those who understand what it means, but I almost went even further calling God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, but right away it came to mind, it is what we are saying from the heart that truly is heard. I want all to realize what their own words mean when they speak, but at the same time I am cognizant that all who believe already know when they say God, it is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, or Elohim

In the beginning, God said, "Come, let us make man in Our image." I believe I understand it best when thinking Elohim said this. I believe this is wonderful for all who believe Elohim.

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
Romans 8

Why not read the original post again and stop making everything about you.
that text has nothing to do with the subject, that scripture is for the saints not knowing what to pray for, but the spirit of God knows what we need sohe makes intercession for us...

K

Karraster

Thanks! Like wasn't good enough. This verse is always on my mind:
[h=3]Jude 1:3[/h]
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Since the Word was written, diverse labels and religions have sprung up, making claims. Give me the undiluted Truth. I need Messiah Yahshua and the grace to do all His commands, which is not contrary to our Father's will.

Feb 23, 2013
i have seen people call jesus by many thing whether jesus or yashua or whetever. i prefere to call jesus jesus and god the father father and when i pray i tend to address both jesus and father. but ppl can call him whatever means the most to them its when ppl try to convince others that their name is the proper name and should be addressed by it that i get annoyed

B

BradC

JaumeJ refuses to acknowledge the name of 'Jesus' to the Gentiles. Ask him about it and see what he says for yourself. You don't use the name 'Yeshua' or 'Yahweh' when you preach the gospel to the Gentiles, but with the Jews there is a difference, however the Jews need to hear the name of 'Jesus' because they crucified him and those in unbelief did not recognize his salvation to the Gentiles and it is now the Gentiles who are bringing salvation in the name of Jesus to the Jews. Paul got a direct message on the road to Damascus as to who the Lord was and as to the name he was persecuting in Acts 9:4,5...

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Jesus (Ἰησοῦς / Iēsous) ...same in Matt 1:21... And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

and in Luke 1:31... And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

and in Acts 4:10-12... Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

So if we want to be practical and from the heart, let's speak english and call his name 'JESUS' for that is the name under heaven that we know and have been given salvation in this dispensation as members of Christ's body. If you minister to the Jews who understand Hebrew and want to call him 'Yeshua' there should be no problem, but to the Gentiles his name is 'Jesus' and should be referred to as such. BTW - the name of the Holy 'Ghost' is a bad translation and should be Holy 'Spirit' (pneuma).

Nov 2, 2013

There are many of Jesus Christ. Many like to call Him by His is Salvation.

Terms do not mean anything in thee, sight is in the heart. In other do not simply speak that is.

It is so as not to are or the applies.

It to listen to understand, not simply listen to reply. It is a blessing.

Pre-Antioch by any label, as being that Yeshua.

Jul 27, 2011
i prefer calling myself a believer. Acts 5:12-13, And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women. Timothy 4:12, Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Jul 27, 2011
oops, 1st Timothy 4:12-13 and Acts 5:14, sorry for typo.

Feb 17, 2010
I would love to call myself what God calls me, WONDER WHAT THAT IS? If I say I am Christian, then it has to be true. If I say a believer then am I an example of faith and charity. Christian is a person who follows Christ. Can I REALLY say that?

Well so many say they are Christians and believers but do they measure up to what the Bible says they should be then? If they do not are they liers? Or are they just MISLEAD and maybe asteem themselves a bit more than they should. You see the definition of a hypocrate looms over them if they do not measure up. Paul even called Peter out not to be a hypocrate. Do not have double personalities... If you say you are a believer or Christian then BE IT. If you are not, do not claim it.

God said what teh heart is full of the mouth runneth over... Is it TRUTH or DECIET? God knows and you knows and ALL WHOM GOD REVEALS TOO! Me I am just a man in NEED... And as long as I NEED I am NOT GOD'S! God says His do not need NOTHING! Me I NEED Him to make me NOT NEED ANYTHING... I still WANT more faith, or holiness, or forgiveness or deliverence from evil... No matter what I NEED or WANT, as long as I want I am NOT PERFECT AND OR ENTIRE as God's people BVIOUSLY is in James 1:4.