Fruit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kaycie

Right- this fruit is spiritual fruit, not physical fruit. For example, if you carry a heavy box for someone, it is not the physical act that wins God's favor, it is having the obedient loving heart enough to put into action love for God and your neighbor. Sometimes all you can do is pray for someone, but if you can do more and don't, like in the parable of the good Samaritan, than you produce that fake fruit that only looks genuine, but that no one can savor. Putting a car in neutral can make the tires spin, but it is the engine, not the tires that really move the car. Bearing fruit is not a checklist of physical acts, but having the fruits of the Spirit drives us to use our bodies as living sacrifices to God. Sometimes it's hard to see the difference. An elderly person who can no longer physically do what they used to can still bear the fruits of the Spirit in their heart.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
That if when the bible points that the tree is given more time to bear fruit or late be cut off is the same with us?
that maybe in 3 years or 4 years or not bearing fruit we will be cut off?
Thanks for clarifying that brother :)

First question
: yes, it's the same with us as far as time and bearing fruit are concerned as it is with the parable of the fig tree in Luke 13:6-9.

Second question:
A man's days are numbered just like a fig tree's are. Some men live a long life here on earth and some don't. The same could be said about a fig tree, but when the time comes to be cut down it will be cut down. We as men are warned by God to repent before that day comes.

As it is written here in the beginning of Luke 13.......

Luke 13:1-5
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4Orthose eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

[video=youtube_share;eJlN9jdQFSc]http://youtu.be/eJlN9jdQFSc[/video]

K

Kerry

God ain't gonna cut anybody down, this is your own imagination, He will cut down the wicked in the trib, but still His hand is outstretched .

K

Kerry

Any ways I had hoped to talk to Cycel, but I see he is not here, I had something for him, but good night y'all.

Sep 6, 2014
God ain't gonna cut anybody down, this is your own imagination, He will cut down the wicked in the trib, but still His hand is outstretched .
1 Samuel 2:6
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
Isa_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
I think biblically evident that when a man falls away from the truth, He is accounted also part of the children of wrath...

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Here is a few I have thought about concerning our abiding in Jesus Christ which is in Him AND in His words, because some say they abide in him but they dont abide in his doctrine. But you can see the same principle through the scripture

I am the vine, ye are the branches:

He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

For without me ye can do nothing.

Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine;

No more
can ye, except ye abide in me.

For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

Herein is my Father glorified
, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Wherefore
by their fruits ye shall know them.

Being filled
with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousnessunto them which are exercised thereby.

And the fruit of righteousness
is sown in peace of them that make peace.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me

Whosoever transgresseth
, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.

Jesus answered them, and said,
My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also

Even the Spirit of truth
; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee,

And they have believed that thou didst send me.

He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

We are of
God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us.

Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Even the Spirit of truth
; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
How on earth do you edit around here? I so messed up that bottom part, I cut in another thread and the same thing and I cant stand to leave something alone that is incorrect in a thing.

An edit button would be fruitful lol

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
How on earth do you edit around here? I so messed up that bottom part, I cut in another thread and the same thing and I cant stand to leave something alone that is incorrect in a thing.

An edit button would be fruitful lol
At the bottom after posting ; "edit post" "reply" "reply with quote"

but you only have a min or two.

Im going to edit this and at the bottom it will say "edited..."

Last edited:

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
At the bottom after posting ; "edit post" "reply" "reply with quote"

but you only have a min or two.

Im going to edit this and at the bottom it will say "edited..."
Thank you Hizikyah,

I know how to edit but the edit button disappears if I missed something in the first one.

Okay, so I have a minute or two?

That is the problem I will post and walk away only to think I have time to correct it, as I can typically edit something 20 times, because Im weird that way. This will drive me insane. lol

Its got the same verse at the bottom twice and that ruins it because I overcopied into another thing there.

I did something similar on another where I was cutting out from a study but left in a "Jesus said" and copy pasted under that and I couldnt edit that.

But Jesus did not say that LOL

Just so everyone knows I will likely have unfruitful posts laden with error sometimes because I dont always catch these the first time around and thats all I have is the first time around.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Thank you Hizikyah,

I know how to edit but the edit button disappears if I missed something in the first one.

Okay, so I have a minute or two?

That is the problem I will post and walk away only to think I have time to correct it, as I can typically edit something 20 times, because Im weird that way. This will drive me insane. lol

Its got the same verse at the bottom twice and that ruins it because I overcopied into another thing there.

I did something similar on another where I was cutting out from a study but left in a "Jesus said" and copy pasted under that and I couldnt edit that.

But Jesus did not say that LOL

Just so everyone knows I will likely have unfruitful posts laden with error sometimes because I dont always catch these the first time around and thats all I have is the first time around.
Sometimes reloading the page can help, If it wont let you edit, I hear you tho want the posts perfect! :)

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: kjv
mat 3:8 (amp) Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart];

Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Rev_19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
1Pe_4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
Heb_10:30. . . . . . And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Fruit is evident of salvation not requirement but if no evident/fruit it will be burn to hell.

It is talking about salvation, not only reward.

Last Sunday my pastor preach that seem not biblical. He said When you save, it doesn't matter what you do, you are save. If you do good than you have better reward, but nothing to do with you salvation.

I think this kind of miss lead. People can think you can kill everyday, rape everyday and save because you save once and no matter what you do you are His son.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: kjv
mat 3:8 (amp) Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart];

Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Rev_19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
1Pe_4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
Heb_10:30. . . . . . And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Fruit is evident of salvation not requirement but if no evident/fruit it will be burn to hell.

Last Sunday my pastor preach that seem not biblical. He said When you save, it doesn't matter what you do, you are save. If you do good than you have better reward, but nothing to do with you salvation.

I think this kind of miss lead. People can think you can kill everyday, rape everyday and save because you save once and no matter what you do you are His son.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012

Its true

we must bear fruit worthy of repentance or show deeds that potray our repentetive hearts or show that we are truly saved