FRUSTRATING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheJesusFreak

I find it really Frustrating trying to grow up in this sick sinful world.

Examples
At school I say I will never drink and people are like "Good luck with that" or "You'll probably drink before you are a senior.

People who call themselves Christians act like if not worse than those who done. (This girl at school who talks about sex and stuff and drugs all the time is one example. Like she hasnt even let god touch her heart.)

At school dances people do like humping moves that disturb me even guys with guys let alone guys with girls.

Songs like "Born this Way" by Gaga which call our faith insecure and such. and other songs that have very suggsestive themes and terrible language yet attract people.

The carnal obsessions our society has. I mean most commercials have some kind of suggestive theme in them and that is terrible.

The sterotype society has for men that it's nothing for them to look at innappropirate pictures and have "fun" with girls.

Friends

Friends have told me.

"You're kind of ignorant with music arent you"

"You'll drink by the time you are a senior."

Talking about drinking and stuff.

I dont really trust them with much and I feel that even the other kids in my youth group arent really godly and I cant confide in them.

I know I can only fight it I just wish God would take me to heaven right now so I wouldnt have to deal with it :(

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
Brother, you heart is at the right place. It makes me proud to see your age and how set apart you are from this world, i wish i would've been like you at your age. Now, stay in the path the Lord has set forth before you because that is the path of truth and righteousness, all these things that those kids are doing will never fulfill them, actually they will be hindered immensely by them, but you have a treasure with the Lord. Keep yourself in prayer with our Lord to overcome.
God Bless you!

W

waterboy6515

I go through a lot of the same things in school. You are not alone out there as a Christian. I see most kids act the same way in my school. They only say they are Christian when it seems convenient, other than that, they act like everyone else. Pray for them though. They may be going through a period of rebellion, and they might turn back to Christ in the future. I also agree that music and general society is not helping them. In my school teachers curse, and are often okay with students talking like this as long as its not during their class. As with what Adrian said just stay on the right path. God bless.

R

RanShaTo84

Don't listen to them!!! I'm still a virgin at 26 and have never touched alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs. GOD BE PRAISED!!!

K

karine___

i once heard that if Christans would really act Christians there wouldn't be atheists in the world. sometimes people think denying Jesus is only with the mouth but some actions speak so much more than words , you either live for God or for the world. it's so awesome you're so young and with your eyes so open already , consider it a privilege... when someone says you'll drink , rebuke that in Jesus' name(in silence, you're rebuking the devil not the lost person) , when you see people who profess being Christians but act more like they aren't , it's sad, but sad for them (remember it's not good for them), pray for God to open their eyes so they can get out of it or you can warn them about their behavior, if they won't listen to you, talk to someone older so he or she can have a talk to them about it .when someone says you're ignorant , don't say anything(they are blind , they don't know what they are really saying) , again it's bad for them , not you, you are in light , pray then for God to grant they will realise that's not good and will turn to Him.Friends are the ones who encourage us to live a godly life, to stand by us to help us get up when we fall, friends don't curse us or lead us to death , those are in darkness , ask God how you can be a light to them. though it all God's working in your life for a great purposes and molding you. :)

T

TheJesusFreak

Yes I feel bad for them and sometimes I wish I could go to a christian school but it would probably just be the same there.

I have to try to make friends with them and influence them to be good not the other way around.

C

Crazy4GODword

The world is so sick, and yes so is school

A

Alli84

I completely relate. As a teenager who lives in an extremely liberal city, everywhere I go there are stereo-types against Christian beliefs and values. Conservative beliefs are actually considered a bad thing. It is incredibly difficult to hear people talking about pro-abortion and atheism as kids who learned it from their parents. I feel like I'm letting God down when I bite my tongue, but like I'm proving their point if I try to argue my own beliefs. For a society who boasts about breaking the rules, my city is extremely intolerant of opinions they don't support. Is everywhere like that?

T

TheJesusFreak

Well in my town it isnt much like that it is kinda like "Plastic Faith Central"
Where people say they are christian just to feel good about themselves but dont live up to it.

Jan 21, 2011
If you can't forgive, you'll end up carrying all this with you.

A

Alli84

Personally, i don't hold anything against my city. I just struggle with how to deal with it and respond in a godly way. Especially when it feels like the entire world is against you at times. I only know of three other kids in all (seven) of my classes that have ever mentioned anything about going to church, and none who have actually said that they are Christian. Even though I'm sure there are more, kids are often afraid of how they will be judged for it.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Don't let what they say or talk about bother you. They are only acting and speaking the way that the world taught them to act and speak. God is on your side and you don't have to prove anything to anyone, or impress anyone. They can say anything they want to try and make you feel stupid or offended but if its not true and you know better then just be like "yea right" and go on your merry way.

A

a32

It doesn't matter what people say about your personal choice. The world can be meaqn but stay strong in the word of God and nothing can come between you and him. I'm happy you are not taking in to the peer pressure and temptations.