Funny joke with a thought to consider...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Ninotori

A good, Christian man was at his lifes end. He knew he had only a few days left. He had no regrets, felt good about what he'd done for the world, and knew he'd be remembered as a loving man. He wasn't happy however, that he would be leaving the massive amount of wealth he had accrued from his lifelong career behind when he died.

One night, he prayed to God; "God, I have tried my very best to be as good a man as I could, sharing the gospel, helping those in need, and still keeping up with responsibilities to my family and to my job. I've worked so hard for both, but I know now that I must leave my wealth behind. If it would be in your will, could I take at least one suitcase with me to heaven?"

Then the man went to sleep. Later that same night, the man was awakened by a bright light. An Angel came down to see him! The Angel spoke, ''God has heard your prayers, and he has agreed. You've done a very good job doing everything! And He's proud of you. He thinks it would be okay to bring just ONE suitcase of whatever you like to Heaven." The angel departed as quickly as he came.

The man was overjoyed! On his last day, he asked his servants to liquidate a large portion of his assetts, purchase a suitcase full of sold gold bars, and placed it beside his bed. That night when he passed, he carried the suitcase with him up to Heaven.

As he reached the pearly gates, St Peter stopped him, "Whoa buddy, sorry but you can't bring that in here.'' The man said, ''But God answered my prayer, he said it was alright to bring just one suitcase.'' St Peter took a moment to check with an angel to see that this was true. It was, and satisfied, St Peter lead him in.

"But, before we let you go in, we want to do a check on your luggage to make sure everything is as God allowed.'' The man made no complaints, and handed over the heavy suitcase.

When St Peter popped open the lid, he gave a puzzling look to the man and asked ''Why did you bring pavement?''

___________________________________________________________________________________

Not only is this joke funny, but it has a message I think is worth considering in it. True, we will have blessings in this life like wealth, that God has told us we are free to enjoy within his laws. We must remember though, free to enjoy now, but nothing compared to the future He has in store for us!

Aug 2, 2009
I heard that Whitney Houston was buried with $500,000 worth of jewelry. Now they have to pay for 24 hour armed guards because it was published in a tabloid and they're afraid someone might try to steal the jewelry.

C

Crimeny

this is when the man cleverly answers BECAUSE I PAVED MY WAY HERE GET IT HAHAHAHAHHA and then they all go and celebrate if they have ice cream in the afterlife

T

Trax

A good, Christian man was at his lifes end. He knew he had only a few days left. He had no regrets, felt good about what he'd done for the world, and knew he'd be remembered as a loving man. He wasn't happy however, that he would be leaving the massive amount of wealth he had accrued from his lifelong career behind when he died.

One night, he prayed to God; "God, I have tried my very best to be as good a man as I could, sharing the gospel, helping those in need, and still keeping up with responsibilities to my family and to my job. I've worked so hard for both, but I know now that I must leave my wealth behind. If it would be in your will, could I take at least one suitcase with me to heaven?"

Then the man went to sleep. Later that same night, the man was awakened by a bright light. An Angel came down to see him! The Angel spoke, ''God has heard your prayers, and he has agreed. You've done a very good job doing everything! And He's proud of you. He thinks it would be okay to bring just ONE suitcase of whatever you like to Heaven." The angel departed as quickly as he came.

The man was overjoyed! On his last day, he asked his servants to liquidate a large portion of his assetts, purchase a suitcase full of sold gold bars, and placed it beside his bed. That night when he passed, he carried the suitcase with him up to Heaven.

As he reached the pearly gates, St Peter stopped him, "Whoa buddy, sorry but you can't bring that in here.'' The man said, ''But God answered my prayer, he said it was alright to bring just one suitcase.'' St Peter took a moment to check with an angel to see that this was true. It was, and satisfied, St Peter lead him in.

"But, before we let you go in, we want to do a check on your luggage to make sure everything is as God allowed.'' The man made no complaints, and handed over the heavy suitcase.

When St Peter popped open the lid, he gave a puzzling look to the man and asked ''Why did you bring pavement?''

___________________________________________________________________________________

Not only is this joke funny, but it has a message I think is worth considering in it. True, we will have blessings in this life like wealth, that God has told us we are free to enjoy within his laws. We must remember though, free to enjoy now, but nothing compared to the future He has in store for us!
A few of the world's leading scientist determined that based on all the knowledge man has
acquired, that man no longer needs God. So these sceintist challenged God to a man making
contest. God accepted then grabbed up some dirt, shaped it into the form of a man, breathed
on it and man was created. God said to the scientists, "ok, your turn.' So the sceintists bent
down and started collecting dirt. God said, "Hold it right there! That's mine, go get your own
dirt."