gainig weight

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shirley

what food do think has the most fat and makes you gain weight ? ill say bacon n junk food

O

OFM

cards too most meats likepork can do it 2.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Anything with much sugar tells your body to store fat. When I was younger, I could eat anything without worrying, but nowadays I have to be careful of things like that =)

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
what food do think has the most fat and makes you gain weight ? ill say bacon n junk food
Unfortunately, I don't gain weight easily. :(
While there are many other factors that lead to weight gain, I think excessively consuming foods high in starch and sugar in combination with a sedentary lifestyle may contribute to weight gain.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
i used to try and lose weight but i realized God made us all different and in that we are beautiful

L

libertygirl

Sugar, it converts into fat.
Sauces because they contain a lot of sugar.
Fastfood, definitely.
Starches, french fries, potato chips
Fried food
Cheese
White flour, due to its high glycemic index, more sugar, more fat.
Soda

W

wwjd_kilden

While there are many other factors that lead to weight gain, I think excessively consuming foods high in starch and sugar in combination with a sedentary lifestyle may contribute to weight gain.

Agree

I know how it is to not gain weight.

Ironically much of the same can be done to gain weight as to loose weight.

For instance: Plain sugar makes you feel "full" faster (though it lasts only a short time),
so protein is better than carbs to build a reservoir. That being said, carbs are an essential part of the diet.

Regular meals will both give a more stable blood sugar levels and make it easier to eat right.
(We all know we want unhealthy stuff when we are super hungry, eh?)

One should eat (ranked by amount)
Vegetables, grains (not white flour, but "whole grain"), fish, white meat, red meat and fruits + berries if available.

T

TPK85

Yeah, deffinately Junk food.... Junk food is also a killer: http://www.ivillage.com/can-junk-food-cause-cancer/4-a-346282 .

RSA, just like USA and UK has a weight problem...:eek:

E

Elfleda

I think that chocolate is what would cause me to gain weight as it's the only "junk food" item I eat. I believe that it's a lack of exercise though, rather than any particular food that causes weight gain.

E

Elfleda

Unfortunately? Do you want to gain weight then?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
I avoid sugar and try to limit my fat intake. I never eat chocolate because it has caffeine.