Garth Suprised Me........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
.......but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

(bit of a "rant," just so ya know)

This past weekend, Garth Brooks had a concern from Vegas that aired on TV, and as I used to like some of his music, I thought it would be good to listen to him live in concert. I'm very glad I recorded it though.

When I sat down to listen, I quickly realized something I didn't know about Garth before.......he has a serious potty mouth. Wow! They spent a lot of time "bleeping" him...........sadly.......Not long into the concert, I started fast forwarding through the parts where he was talking, and just played the "singing" parts........BUT then that got weird too......

What a disappointment. The sad thing was, at one point he points to the sky and says something like "the most thanks goes to the Good Lord above.........." Seriously Garth? I was thinking......."would you kiss the hand of Jesus with that mouth?"

Anyway, I know some folks don't think that foul language is a big deal, but it is to me. Sorry folks, but to me anyone who has to rely on that kind of language to communicate simply reveals a level of ignorance of the English Language.

So, disappointed, and wishing I hadn't bothered...........(when will I learn?)

_drink

Feb 11, 2012

This past weekend, Garth Brooks had a concern from Vegas that aired on TV, and as I used to like some of his music, I thought it would be good to listen to him live in concert. I'm very glad I recorded it though.

When I sat down to listen, I quickly realized something I didn't know about Garth before.......he has a serious potty mouth. Wow! They spent a lot of time "bleeping" him...........sadly.......Not long into the concert, I started fast forwarding through the parts where he was talking, and just played the "singing" parts........BUT then that got weird too......

What a disappointment. The sad thing was, at one point he points to the sky and says something like "the most thanks goes to the Good Lord above.........." Seriously Garth? I was thinking......."would you kiss the hand of Jesus with that mouth?"

Anyway, I know some folks don't think that foul language is a big deal, but it is to me. Sorry folks, but to me anyone who has to rely on that kind of language to communicate simply reveals a level of ignorance of the English Language.
perhaps the devil and those who follow him are scared of the name Jesus cos i read in bible something like this That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth

J

jennymae

So, disappointed, and wishing I hadn't bothered...........(when will I learn?)
Well, maybe good ole Garth is mislead by the new wave of entertainers where bad language seems to be a trademark? Or...wait...on second thought....Hank Williams jr. and Charlie Daniels sure aint new wave;).

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I'm surprised Garth has a potty mouth too. That's to bad.