GCB: A TV SHOW YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Thank you guys so much for helping! :) Bless you!

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Wow....who all wants to write a letter to the channel that airs this?? Seriously. I think it'd be better to do something about it than just talk about it....I mean, don't chew out the people but ask them to take it off the air. If they get enough complaints they just might take it off the air. If they don't then tell them you won't be watching their channel. Period. (Not a threat...a promise! :D)

I don't think anyone should take this lightly. If we let one thing slide then what happens when people actually become influenced by this? People say, "It's just a show. Lighten up." but what's it feeding their soul? Think about it.

Stereotypes can get out of control real fast.

We need to prove the stereotype wrong.

I don't know about you, but I see more than just a show. I see people waiting to see if we're going to thrash out or cry foul...I say we do neither and deal with it in love.

Those are my thoughts on it. Being proactive. Lovingly dealing with this and try and get this thing shut down.

J

Jullianna

I completely agree, Lil :) We need to write politely re: our objections and BOYCOTT the advertisers. No need to be ugly about it. Just let it affect their wallets :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I completely agree, Lil :) We need to write politely re: our objections and BOYCOTT the advertisers. No need to be ugly about it. Just let it affect their wallets :)
yup! I'm not sure about the advertisers because they can probably find other sponsors/advertisers...but if we can then okay! :) Maybe spread the word on Facebook and finding a way to get all of us send out letters.

D

Dreamy2013

I've seen this show advertised on Hulu. A part of me is terrified to watch it to see how much they do make fun of Christians. It seems the people who do watch the show urge Christians not to take themselves too seriously, but it's hard not to when being a Christian is your LIFE!

R

redemption

You know what's cool this week I did the bbm tv ratings survey :) needless to say I indicated my displeasure over this show. So cool that there was a place for opinions on what I don't like :).

J

Jullianna

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Aug 2, 2009
So has anyone actually watched it yet???

I watched a few clips and its seems like just a lot of corny, cliche'-ish sarcasm. Nothing to seriously get offended about.

For example, the one lady drives a pristine white Bentley with a big "John 3:16" bumper sticker on the back. Another gal couldn't find a job and walks into a hooters bar for a drink, then asks the waitress how she can work in such a revealing uniform. When she learns how much Hooters waitresses make in tips and sees the "waitress wanted" sign she forgets all her christian values about modesty and signs up.

Last edited:
R

redemption

Completely offensive IMO no Christian woman I know would act like that. It mocks our faith and that's not ok.

J

Jullianna

Umm..Gabe...when people use "corny, cliche-ish sarcasm" against people who are different from them, it's called prejudice, isn't it? :)

Aug 2, 2009
Umm..Gabe...when people use "corny, cliche-ish sarcasm" against people who are different from them, it's called prejudice, isn't it? :)
Welll I guess I don't find this show too bad because have you ever watched or heard of a show called Arrested Development? Now that is an offensive show to christians. The star who is also the producer actually urinated on a portrait of Jesus in one episode. Another offensive show is Bill Maher. This GCB show to me is just laughable.

R

redemption

I think the whorish behavior of these "Christian" women and their lack of compassion and ministry focus gives the world and absolutely incorrect view of Christian women. You can watch this and arrested development if you choose. When I see shows like this I feel incredible offense of the spirit within me. Its one thing to watch cougar town where you expect this sort of humour. They dont package the cougar town or arrested development as Christians. I shut it off and never turn it back on when it becomes blatantly offensive to our Lord & his people. I've also shut off Oprah. I know I know alot of people think she's good. She packaged herself as Christian then supported an all paths doctrine AGGRESSIVELY separating people from the Lord and misleading them to new age spirituality.

Do as the spirit leads you to do. Just dont forget to DO AS THE HOLY SPIRIT leads you to do. Its best not to ignore. Bless your hearts.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
You know what's cool this week I did the bbm tv ratings survey :) needless to say I indicated my displeasure over this show. So cool that there was a place for opinions on what I don't like :).
Can you give me a link to the place where you expressed your displeasure over the show?

Aug 2, 2009
I think the whorish behavior of these "Christian" women and their lack of compassion and ministry focus gives the world and absolutely incorrect view of Christian women. You can watch this and arrested development if you choose. When I see shows like this I feel incredible offense of the spirit within me. Its one thing to watch cougar town where you expect this sort of humour. They dont package the cougar town or arrested development as Christians. I shut it off and never turn it back on when it becomes blatantly offensive to our Lord & his people. I've also shut off Oprah. I know I know alot of people think she's good. She packaged herself as Christian then supported an all paths doctrine AGGRESSIVELY separating people from the Lord and misleading them to new age spirituality.

Do as the spirit leads you to do. Just dont forget to DO AS THE HOLY SPIRIT leads you to do. Its best not to ignore. Bless your hearts.
I will never ever watch Arrested Development! In fact i am glad to see the actor/producer who did that stunt go through a rough divorce. And Bill Maher can take a walk off a cliff for all I care.

This GCB show is just so silly that no one is ever going to take it as a serious representation of christian women. That was the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:
D

djness

I will never ever watch Arrested Development! In fact i am glad to see the actor/producer who did that stunt go through a rough divorce. And Bill Maher can take a walk off a cliff for all I care.

This GCB show is just so silly that no one is ever going to take it as a serious representation of christian women. That was the point I was trying to make.

1. After having read the overview of the show and been a member of christian chat for a year seeing all the behind the scenes relationship drama on CC as well as the way ''christians' treat each other in general. This show seems tame. And not entirely in accurate of christian woman.

2. I'm glad your spiritual status says unsure as well Zero. Because Paul was more detestable then both of the men you mentioned and he was chosen by God to bring the Word to more people then just about any christian ever will. That's the powerful love of Jesus. Take his worst enemies and turning them into his greatest friends.
Can you imagine the powerful message if someone like Bill Maher actually confessed Jesus is Lord on tv?

3. If you all boycotted every brand backing every show you didn;t like you would be smelly and die of hunger. Although writing your displeasure to them seems reasonable.

Note:I put the as well comment in there since my status also says unsure.For anyone that wanted to check.

Aug 2, 2009
Actually, my status as "unsure" is sort of an inside joke. I'm a 100% believer in Christ and I'm glad that you are able to see what I was saying about the show.
God bless.