Gender specific rooms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I know this is sort of a duplicate of another thread asking for a women's room, but a women's room and a men's room dedicated to fellowship and ministry would be a great asset.

Last night we had circumstances that arose in the Random Room that was best left to ladies to minister to a young lady without men around. I asked the men in the room to leave with me and join me in the prayer room, as a result the prayer room ended up having all men in it and we had a great time of prayer and fellowship together. People in both rooms were able to speak of gender specific issues best shared outside of mixed company. However in Random they had to constantly ask men to leave which technically violates the open room rules in place.

In my opinion those circumstances could have been avoided with gender specific rooms that the ladies could have gone to, to minister with a troubled child.

Thanks for your consideration of this Robo.

Jan 15, 2011
I strongly agree, the young lady involved has been deeply hurt by men, and the ladies that were in the room were trying to tell her about Jesus, and that He does love her and will not hurt her, however whenever a man came into the room, she would try to leave. It would have helped so much to be able to say to the ladies, 'lets go to the ladies room' and have this young lady open up with us. As well as there have been men on here sharing about sexual sin, that too would be better done in the mens room where women are not privy to the privet issues that a man maybe sharing with other men. Please take this into consideration

I

iraasuup

This has been suggested several times already, and it is being discussed.

S

ShesinHIShands

I have also encountered several situations where gender specific rooms would be appropriate and beneficial. so I would be in favor of this as well

F

Free2LoveJesus

I think it's a great idea if it can be moderated real-time so you don't get people trying to rain on your parade.

D

DanuckInUSA

Agreed real time moderation would be key to avoid embarassing situations

K

kathylynn

i think its a great idea

Mar 31, 2011
Please!

How long does it take for a suggestion to get adopted, if agreed upon by the mod/s?

Oct 31, 2009
Its probably not that simple.. It needs a lot of programming probably.. :)

S

snugpug240

GREAT IDEA!! im all for it!!

V

voiceoftruth

I sure hope this happens!