Generational curses.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 16, 2014
The angel spoke Rev. 22: 6, 9-11, 14-15, 17-20a. Compare styles and modes of speech, John's also being unique. Jesus speaks with power behind "I" five times, self-identifying Himself with authority. The angel is passive with his "I"s, passing on instructions rather than speaking of himself. Holy Spirit can show you.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
The angel spoke Rev. 22: 6, 9-11, 14-15, 17-20a. Compare styles and modes of speech, John's also being unique. Jesus speaks with power behind "I" five times, self-identifying Himself with authority. The angel is passive with his "I"s, passing on instructions rather than speaking of himself. Holy Spirit can show you.
What happened to inspired?

SO then unless Paul says, "Jesus said "I" this or that" then it would be Paul's doctrine and not Jesus doctrine? Or does this rule only apply in Revelation?

Last edited:

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Generational Curses are still in place today, but they are easily dealt with by simply asking God to remove them and renouncing the actions and sins of ancestors, if you know something specific then declare it, otherwise a general statement will remove it. Jobs Done.
I would add though, just because we renounce it and accept Jesus' cleansing and healing, they are still something we have to fight on a daily basis.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
a lot of the curses and blessings went to the whole nation,

it was dependent on if the king was good or bad with God and people.

should God be mad at our nation for our leaders, what will befall us.

Sep 16, 2014
Mattithyah 5:17-20, " Do not even think that I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to destroy them, but to establish them. For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected. Whosoever, therefore, will break one of the least of these Laws, and will teach men so, he will be called the least in the Kingdom of Yahweh; but whosoever will do and teach them, the same will be called great in the Kingdom of Yahweh. For I say to you: Unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will certainly not enter into the Kingdom of Yahweh."
Bad source there. The Greek πληρόω means means end, fulfill, accomplish, complete.

Your source translates it as "establish" incorrectly. "Establish" means set up an organization or set of rules. That word doesn't fit into the context. Moses set up the law of Moses, established it. Jesus ended it by fulfilling it.

Here's a correct statement: Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[SUP]18 [/SUP] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SUP]19 [/SUP] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]20 [/SUP] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus was not teaching the laws of Moses in Mt 5, but His gospel commandments. Jesus did accomplish fulfillment of the law on the cross the moment He said "It is finished". Yet, the words of the old covenants and prophets will remain as long as heaven and earth remain. They simply don't apply to Christians for salvation, and can't possibly save a Jew apart from Christ in him. Abraham's flesh circumcision and the Jew's laws applied to the disciples of those. Christians receive only the blessings, none of the curses, of those two covenants only by way of Christ's obedience.

Breaking just one of the Mosaic commandments made a person guilty of all for those given the law, leaving a Jew guilty, his sin covered for a short period if he obeyed in the sacrifices. Our salvation is not based on the works, but upon grace through faith. Faith then is observed in a believer by his good works which are required, but we can't judge his destiny by his works. The Jew under the law is judged already, as none can keep every commandment of Moses perfectly, so is guilty of all.

Christians know we know Him because we keep His commandments, which are not grievous. 1 John 2 explains it, that even if we do fail by sinning we have a heavenly advocate on our behalf, not needing any earthly priest as required by the law. That is no license not to do Jesus' commandments.

One example of the superiority of the New Covenant. The law says in Leviticus 19:18 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Jesus commanded in John 13:34-35 (KJV)
[SUP]34 [/SUP] A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
[SUP]35 [/SUP] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

That's a huge difference between the old covenant and the new. No person could love like that until Jesus loved us. Hid gospel is superior to the law of sin and death.

Sep 16, 2014
What happened to inspired?

SO then unless Paul says, "Jesus said "I" this or that" then it would be Paul's doctrine and not Jesus doctrine? Or does this rule only apply in Revelation?
There are three persons involved in John's revelation. John, Jesus, and the angel in chapter 22. They are clearly distinguished by their message and delivery of their message. This is a fundamental understanding of English grammar.

Paul was not involved in the vision of John. Paul conversed with Jesus the day Paul was saved because he believed and repented the rest of his life. Surely you can pick out the words of Jesus according to message and delivery, and which were the response by Paul! Take a look: Acts 9:3-7 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP] And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
[SUP]4 [/SUP] And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
[SUP]5 [/SUP] And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
[SUP]6 [/SUP] And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
[SUP]7 [/SUP] And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

Paul's writings are very different from conversations between John and the heavenly persons. Paul's message is based almost entirely on his own unique revelation from the Holy Spirit in the wilderness. What Paul wrote is heavily based on unquoted conversations with the Spirit, all of it supernaturally inspired by the Spirit.

J

Jillyanne

Its not about what your asking buddy Its about telling people they are not under generational curses.
And heres theshort proof. As God say in His word. There is no generatioal curse. Scriptural proof here.
What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel: 'The fathers eat sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge'? As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel... The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. (Ezekiel 18:1-4,18-20)

And here is another 20 verses that are as plain to see as any thing.

1. First Covenant, Second Covenant: Heb 8:7, 9:1-18, 10:1-9
2. Old, New: Matt 26: 28, 2Cor 3, Heb 8:13
3. Given by Moses, given by Jesus: John 1:17, Gal 3:19, Heb 9:15 Matt 26:28
4. Law of Moses. Law of Christ: Acts 13:39, Gal 6:2
5. Law of Sin and Law of Righteousness: Rom 7:7-25, Rom 8:1-4, Rom 9:31
6. Law of the Flesh and Law of the Spirit: Rom7:5,6 Rom 8:1-4, Gal 5:16-26
7. Not of faith, Law of faith??? Not too sure Gal 3:12, Rom 3:27
8. Yoke of bondage and Law of Liberty: Gal 5:1, James 1:18-25
9. Brought to an end by Christ, Established by Christ: 2Cor 3:14, Heb 10:9, Heb 8:6, 9:15, 2 Cor 3:6-18, Matt 26:28
10. One brought death, other Life: 2Cor 3: 6-18, Rom 8:1-4, Gal 3:21, Heb 9:15, 10:1-18
11. One makes guilty and other justifies and not guilty: Rom 3:19,20 Acts 13:39 Rom 3:21-31, 5:1-11
12. One is the shadow of things to come and the other a reality: Col 2:14-17, Heb 10:1-18
13. One is fulfilled or completed and the other is still in force: Matt 5:17,18; 2 Cor 3:6-18; Heb 10:9
14. One demanded righteousness and the other gave righteousness: Luke 10:28, Rom 8: 1-4, Gal 3:1-29; 5:1-26
15. One made nothing perfect and the other made perfect Heb 7:19
16. One was glorious and the other was more glorious 2 Cor 3
17. One powerless to save from sin and the other saves to the uttermost: Heb 7:11-28; 8:7-13; 10:1-18
18. Had many sacrifices and other one sacrifice: Heb 9:9-14; 10:14; Rom 6: 6-13
19. One had changeable priesthood and other does not : Heb 7:23-38; 4:14-16, Rom 8:34
20. Remembers sin and other forgets sins: Heb 10:13; 8:12 

Pick the bones out of that. Baby were free. He y man I see in your posts that you locve to spread all the fear mongering threats from God. Do you know of the love of CHrist with out any threats?

With out love you have nothing.
thank you!!!!!

Sep 16, 2014
Yes, in Christ we are free from all curse IF we continue walking in righteousness.

Ezek 18 actually presents to Israel the salvation standard of self responsibility for a decision to cast off wickedness, take on righteousness immediately before being destroyed by Babylon. When Ezekiel called that out Israel couldn't accomplish it without Christ in them. But the Lord at least outlined God's plan. If a father was wicked, and a son didn't forsake a family tradition of wicked fathering, then the son continued under the curse of the law. In this passage the son is allowed by God to break free, limiting his father's tradition of wickedness to his father. But if the son accepts the wickedness, then both father and son continue under curse of death. God made it clear His will is for people to walk righteously and live.

My issue with this reference is that Ezekiel was dealing with the dangers to Judah, the 10 northern tribes already taken to Babylon. Ezekiel was tasked to show how Zedekiah had diminished God in the eyes of Babylon by not keeping a promise to king Nebuchadnezzar, thereby tempting God against the two remaining tribes. This second issue within that context addresses the belief of the survivors blaming ancestors for their plight, so they suffer under the generational curse. Instead of resting upon that excuse, God commands that they take heed of chapter 18, doing the righteous things regardless of their history, more recently the problem blamed on Zedekiah.

That passage isn't saying there is no generational curse. It's saying break it or else. It can be and should be broken by sons and daughters going after righteousness, because God would rather have them live, not die accepting the curse. They didn't obey, so the last two tribes in Judah/Jerusalem went into captivity.

Let's stay in context with going past Ez 18:20. The Jews questioned the prophet, tempting God, asking why there's no credit for past deeds of righteousness in the nation, that now because they were led away from righteousness they must die for a single sin committed now. God again said they must repent and return to righteousness, or die. God refused to sit by quietly allowing the Jews to enter into national death, letting them choose to live under generational curses, i.e. accumulated unrepented sins of nation, tribe, family, and personal, without a final warning. That one, or a few Jews might obey, would not break the national curse and prevent national captivity and death. God required all of them to depart from sin immediately.