Gentlemen...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should a gentleman ask before he kisses a lady?

• Always.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, timing is part of romance.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
My friends and I recently discussed this and I would love to know "public" opinion.

Does a true gentleman ask before he kisses a lady?

I

Indubitably

I'm a gentleman, but I just get a sense of the right timing. So far, my senses are good! Fun poll.

J

Jullianna

I don't like to be asked first. Ruins the moment.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The last time I was in a "kissing is a possibility situation", the guy said, "Kim, don't feel that you have to and I don't mean it as any pressure, but I just wanted you to know, I would really like to kiss you right now."

I'm a bit old-fashioned. I thought it was honest, sweet, and considerate. It kind of made me go, "AAAHHHH," even though I didn't say it, and yeah, I kind of wanted to kiss him. But, not wanting to seem too forward, I opted not to kiss him that particular time.

But as for the next? Well... I suppose I'm not supposed to kiss and tell. :D I was really taken by his honest-but-no-pressure approach.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

False

The last guy who asked to kiss me thought he was a bat, and that we were bat partners about to do some bat mating ritual.

Batboy bit me. And not even on the mouth!

Real men specify what species they are

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
False

The last guy who asked to kiss me thought he was a bat, and that we were bat partners about to do some bat mating ritual.

Batboy bit me. And not even on the mouth!

Real men specify what species they are
It was only because you were wearing your cape, Nod.

Obviously, the poor man thought you were Batgirl.

Remember, men are big into visual cues!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Nod, he was just trying to do the BatDance! (Get the Funk Up!) :D

Then again... since he didn't bit you on the mouth... Maybe he was just a Team Edward kinda guy.

Feb 10, 2008
Of the four girls I've kissed, I asked the first because we had been dating quite a long time and so I think she gave up on me ever kissing her. When I asked she got excited and kissed back, so I guess that went ok.

Every other girl since then I haven't asked.

On a related note, I was asked by a girl once. It was a little creepy actually. :S

U

Ugly

To me, kissing is only something i do in a dating relationship, not casually. So i would feel no need to ask. And if it is an issue of her not believing in kissing before marriage, well, if i'm dating someone, i expect to know that already.
Then again, i don't date casually, or date strangers, or jump around relationships. If i enter a relationship its because i know the person already.

H

Hellooo

Not asking doesn't mean you're not a gentleman.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Asking seems a bit of a mood killer...

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The only thing that kills the mood more than asking first is getting an ear when she rapidly turns her head. (no I haven't had this happen to me, but one of my room mates from my 20's did) :D

H

Hellooo

I've had to learn at work, the hard way, that I don't ask questions that give people an opportunity to say no, if I want to close.

1still_waters

If you're askin to kiss, then it means you're kissin just to kiss.
You shouldn't kiss just for the sake of kissing.

ie..Oh we went on a date and it's over, well guess we should kiss.

Kissing isn't a rote, mechanical, flow chart like thing.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Kissing isn't a rote, mechanical, flow chart like thing.
I'm thinking someone needs to write, "The Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Handbook of Kissing."

Since you've chosen to read this post, now turn to page 38.

K

kayem77

I picked No, but I'm asuming that the guy I'm kissing is not a stranger, and that we are in a solid and strong relationship. But when I think about it....I wouldn't have a problem with him asking either, but just the first time. If he were asking all the time that would totally ruin it.

Z

zaoman32

My friends and I recently discussed this and I would love to know "public" opinion.

Does a true gentleman ask before he kisses a lady?
I find that, if I just start licking some random person in the face without warning it just breaks a lot of the tension.

J

Jullianna

I find that, if I just start licking some random person in the face without warning it just breaks a lot of the tension.

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!!! DON'T PANIC!!!

I brought the shot for zaoman and the Wetones for the rest of us :D

Attachments

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Yes and no. To be honest, it's hard to say.

If you don't 'know', then asking is good, but there are other times when in the moment, the both of you are already 'leaning in'...and things are just pretty obvious...

I've done both to be honest.

J

Jullianna

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACj50uq6_s[/video]