Get a Little Closer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Do you ever just spend time with God because of who He is, not for what He can do for you? Have you spent time with Him to tell Him how much you appreciate Him and to thank Him for all that He's done for you—not just to give Him a whole list of everything you need to be happy?
It’s easy to be busy all the time with an endless to-do list instead of stopping to spend time alone with God.
Whatever you’re doing—or not doing—the truth is, at this moment, each one of us is as close to God as we choose to be.

In Luke 10:38, there was a woman named Martha who made a choice. She kept herself so busy while Jesus was visiting her and her sister. Jesus took notice.
“…Jesus entered a certain village, and a woman named Martha received and welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord's feet and was listening to His teaching. But Martha [overly occupied and too busy] was distracted with much serving; and she came up to Him and said, Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone?
Martha was distracted and kept herself busy. She was distracted from Jesus by work! Do you ever find yourself saying, “I do all the work around here. Everybody else is always having a good time while I just work, work, work, work!”
Martha may have thought the same thing, because she pleaded with Jesus for Mary to help her. “But the Lord replied to her by saying, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; There is need of only ONE thing and Mary has chosen the good part...” (verses 41 & 42).
Work is definitely important, but it wasn’t the most important thing for Martha to be doing at that particular time. You know, learning what to do and when to do it is a very key issue because when we do the right thing at the wrong time it becomes the wrong thing to do.
This was not the time for Martha to be working because Jesus was passing by. There was an opportunity for her to spend time with Him that she might not ever get again. What Martha needed was to make a better choice. She needed to make a wiser choice, and that choice was to spend time with Jesus.
We need to begin to discern the better choices in our lives, and we need to make those choices. And time is the number one thing we need to choose to invest for intimacy in any relationship, not just a relationship with God.
God loves you so much and He wants to have a personal, intimate relationship with you. If you want to have a closer walk with Him, you’ll need to make some changes and some of them will be challenging.
To make more time with God a priority, you may have to say "no" to some people that don't want to hear "no," and you may have to cut off some things that really aren't bearing fruit in your life anymore. But the reward of growing closer to God will always be greater than the difficulties you experience to get there.
Make a determined decision today to get as close to God as you can be…

S

shirley

that is something to be thought about i like the whole article because what you say is very true ; which brings to question what are our motives for whorshipping n praying to god do we really take time and put god first in our lives or do we treat god as a genie always asking him for things and never giving him the glory n love he deserves ; well i can tell you im guilty of this i want to get my priorties straight putting god first not being selfish and thinking its all about me it isnt ITS ABOUT OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AND GIVING HIM THE CREDIT

O

OFM

excellent well written well said well shared we need to forget about and set aside distractions allways just to Be With Our Heavenly Father,Our Lord Jesus Christ and The Blessed Holy Trinity AllWaYs AmeN.......

B

Becky216

OFM as much as I would love to take the credit for how it was written...I wasn't the one who wrote this....it's Joyce Meyers writing....I'm just sharing it.....But I'm glad you were blessed by it....

C

chris36

IT is so true, I love talking to the lord and telling him how much I love him and appreciate him.

O

OFM

amen allways thanx 4 sharing Sister Becky "777"

J

jkalyna

:) YES U GET SOME CREDIT 4 TYPING IT BECKY. 2 HUGS AND 1 STAR. THE VERSE THAT SAYS, "DRAW NIGHT UNTO ME, AND I WILL DRAW NIGH UNTO YOU" SAYS IT ABOUT ALL. TY:):)

B

Becky216

Amen to that Jkalyna!!! And thank you OFM!!!!! May God Bless you both Always.....!!!!!

J

jkalyna

:p I LOVE TO PRAY, I MUST ADMIT LATELY CARES ARE A DISTRACTION. I USED TO GO MY SISTER'S HOUSE WALK IN THE DOOR, AND SAY, LET'S PRAY. LOL SHE SAYS THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU COME OVER HERE IS WANT TO PRAY. NOT INVITED TO MUCH LATELY.:eek:

B

Becky216

Amen to that Jkalyna!! Love it!!!

O

OFM

read ps5,51,62,121.and 95.