Getting Closer To God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TD14

Ok. So. Umm. I'm kind of bored and lonely right now so i thought i would post something that has had me pondering and conjuring lately.

I guess some background is in order. I got saved January of 09 if i recall correctly. My memory ain't the best at times. They say i done no damage when i hit my head with a post driver but i sure don't remember like i used to. lol. Anywho i got saved through the help of what i thought was a friend. Turns out after me and her tryed dating and she tryed controlling me that crashed and burned and went about as well as the US economy is going right now. So needless to say she is gone and i no longer speak to her. Not to mention she gave my number to some other crazy girl i wanted nothing to do with after i changed my number once to get the girl to leave me alone so yeah thoose two gone best thing i could have ever done.

Ok so now that you sortof understand how i got saved here is the issue. When i first got saved i was really strong in my faith but over the time my now ex girlfriend who helped me to find God also led me away from him. She slowly sucked the life out of me to the point i had no desire to do much of anything. Keep in mind during this time and i still currently do suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic pain so on top of that combining her and the medical problems i lost all fight. I still turned to God but not how i used to.

So what i want to know is how do i get closer to God when it takes all i have to get through each day and normally 3 to 4 days out of the week i have to take 2 to 4 hour nap because i get so wore out. The reason i'm trying so hard is i'm dating an amazing girl and she needs a good role model. I see a lot of my past in her but she jus tain't lived it yet and i would love to be able to be strong and guide her away from trouble i got into. So i guess just give general input i don't know. This is really just a general open discussion i hope to pull ideas from.

Dan

Oct 23, 2009
you need to spend more time with God, read the word of God, pray. dont go for getting girlfriends and stuff, your relationship with God is the most important thing in life, and i really do mean it. Christ died for you, thats saying somthing if you read the beginning of the gospel of John. You need to pray to God, have faith as a mustard seed. Jesus gave a parable of the mustard seed. It is a really small seed but grows very big. Your faith, have a little faith and it will grow.

Spend time with God and let him take away all the worldy things out of your life. You now belong to God and he is your father, go to him for help and tell him how your feeling and stuff...he will listen he loves you with a love like no other, for he sent his own son to die for you- to have salvation in Christ to come out of the life of sin to him brother. so i say again go to him! GO, spend time with him.

T

TD14

Thanks Edge. I get what you are saying and whatnot. I'm gonna try harder, it may take many tries but i guess i'll eventually get it right. I really just wish i were as lucky as my girl she was raised with it whereas i wasn't so it's hard for me to adjust to it where as with her it's all she has known her whole life. I just feel like i'm not measuring up to her but i probably shouldn't even be comparing myself to her because atleast from my experience no two walks with God are the same.

Dan