Getting my son to eat..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2015
Not to have anything to do with your case, but when my 95 or 96 year old mother just came home from the hospital she wouldn't eat. It came to me (from God?) to heat blueberry yogurt and pour it over waffles, she loved it and ate it all up. Who ever heard of heating up yogurt?

B

BettyAnn

It might be that a feeding tube may be a best option IF he isn't taking in nutrients and/or going to semisolids in the next 3 to 6 months. The fact that your doctor are all wanting to wait seems like they want him to be given a chance to see where he goes. Retardation with digestion isn't as rare as people think and feeding tube are almost always a last resort.

So my questions would be if you're find is having digestive issues? Is he refusing to eat overall? If so it could be because there's pain or issues in his digestion. Sometimes the body just doesnt develops s usual so the brain doesn't register hunger as usual.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
It might be that a feeding tube may be a best option IF he isn't taking in nutrients and/or going to semisolids in the next 3 to 6 months. The fact that your doctor are all wanting to wait seems like they want him to be given a chance to see where he goes. Retardation with digestion isn't as rare as people think and feeding tube are almost always a last resort.

So my questions would be if you're find is having digestive issues? Is he refusing to eat overall? If so it could be because there's pain or issues in his digestion. Sometimes the body just doesnt develops s usual so the brain doesn't register hunger as usual.

He doesn't have a digestive system problem. That we know of. The doctors already looked into it.
He just won't try to eat anything other than a bottle. He acts like he doesn't know how or doesn't want to try.

He will eat baby food if I mix it with a little water and put it in a bottle but that's the only way. He won't try to chew or swallow if I feed it to him with a spoon.

I gave him thoses baby vanilla crackers things (idk what they are called) and he would chew on those but I think it's because he is teething and it made him feel better.

N

NewWine

Yes they checked.
He acts like he doesn't know what to do with it. He just sits there with it in his mouth.

I could try that. :)

Thank ya!
I know it been a couple days since you originally posted but I just saw this post within the thread and it made me think of something.
I don't have a lot of experience with babies that won't eat, but when my oldest was learning to latch-on during breastfeeding, the lady helping me learn also, suggested for me to massage her cheeks to stimulate her natural mouth motions for feeding. Perhaps, and I don't know this will work, since he sit there with it in his mouth like he isn't sure what to do, you might massage his cheeks when the food is in his mouth to see if this stimulates a natural "chewing" reaction?
I've been praying for you since I first read this, and I will continue to keep y'all in prayer. You're doing GREAT, Mama!! Keep it up! Those big ole' doctors aren't nearly as big as our Big God, and they don't know it all.
Peace!!

S

Standing

Father in heaven.
We lift up little Eli to you Father.
We pray in Jesus name, that You will completely heal Eli - body and mind.
He is Your beloved child Father and he needs your help right now, and so does his mother.
Please Father, place Your mighty hand of overwhelming love and healing into the lives of Eli and His parents.
Let Eli be whole, complete, and let him eat Father. Let him eat everything You have to offer.
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Father for Your healing, in Jesus name. Amen.

As I was writing this prayer, I was guided to encourage you to feed him teaspoons of honey, so maybe you can do this, and see what happens next. There must be a trigger in his brain that needs to be set. Let him eat honey.

God bless you in this success.
He loves you, and He loves Eli. Take delight in this beloved.