Getting to know HIM*

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TerriNicole

Hello. :D
Long time no type. I haven't posted anything here for a long while. It's not so much that I've been "busy", but just the simple fact of not having much to say or discuss. I feel something on my chest today so. . . Here I be. :)

I have been feeling very uneasy lately. Very anxious and antsy. Over what, I don't know. But I see a pattern here that usually leads to this nervous state.

1. I haven't been attending church. . at least for a month due to work.
2.Haven't been reading scripture. .
3.Been having trouble walking tall with faith lately.

I'm just feel sorta drained. I sometimes look towards prayer during these times but I find myself turning away from it and just dealing the best I can. I feel guilty at my anger towards Him. But his Will is just so hard to try and understand. . Why do things happen the way they do? They are we tested so harshly? Why are we pushed so dangerously close to the edge and then damned for Life if we fail?

They say that once you are saved, you are always saved and that the light always lives inside of you but I find it growing fading dim. Not because of Him but because of me. I just find it hard serving a God that I truly don't understand. Some say you should question God if you want a true understanding and that he WANTS you to question him, to get to know him fully but often people get offended when one peeks
curiosity.

I am young and very honest with myself. It may offend people that I openly question it, but it's not like that. I don't want to question Him, I want to understand. You can't expect me to know all there is to know. God gives all his children a chance to change and get to know him for who he is. That's what I am doing.

At the end of the Day, I know I want to serve him but also. .if I really don't know how to please him does he care that I'm trying. .?

P

psychomom

Terri, it's lovely to see you again. :)

other than the usual, seek God, read the Bible, spend time in prayer, answers, (which are good answers)
i just wanted to say God understands you. He knows our every thought and understands where those thoughts come from much better than we ourselves.

the answer to 'what does God want from us' lies in His Word to us.
i wonder if, more than us understanding Him, He wants us to just trust Him?

in my own life, i have found times of testing to reveal that i was not trusting Him.
in His sovereign love, grace and mercy, He corrected that in me. (so far lol)

The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace,
Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.
(Is 26:3-4)

and the classic :)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. (Prov 3:5-6)

i don't know any believers who haven't questioned as you do.
and this is probably a poor answer, but i didn't want your honest post to stand unresponded to.

love,
ellie

K

keepitsimple

At the end of the Day, I know I want to serve him but also. .if I really don't know how to please him does he care that I'm trying. .?
I do believe that our Father appreciates that we want to please Him and that we are making an effort to do so. But what we need to understand is that our trying succeeds only when we are trusting. More than anything dear soul, our God is pleased with us when we believe His words and trust in His promises given us in Jesus Christ. We are declared righteous in His eyes thru our faith in Jesus Christ ... and not thru any of our own efforts. His love, His grace and His mercy is not earned. It is freely given ... and freely received ... thru belief and trust in His Son who bore the penalty of our sins Himself upon the cross :)

F

flob

i'd say tell Him you're angry. He's sensitive too.
He's the 'Angel of Jehovah' bringing us into the promised land,
by means of our obedience. So.....that is His will. That we:
get to know Him. Paul said, That I may know Him, and the power
of His resurrection. Being conformed to His death.
The promised land Isn't anything less than Himself, as our promised land,
in our experience

T

TerriNicole

I've been away, but I am back now.

Thank you all for your feedback. :)

W

Winningedge

I think I'm on the path that you are on. I feel like I am new on my path to redemption. I believed in Jesus and accepted him when I was in third grade. Since then I have managed to dab into atheism and then reside in agnosticism. It wasn't until this past summer that God found me again. I don't go to church because I'm a little nervous to get back into it, but I watch a ton of sermons by good pastors and that helps, but honestly what helps me is reading the Bible. When I read the Bible my faith grows, but when I stop reading it I literally find myself wanting to rebel against God. I would keep questioning everything but don't get too far into biased websites(both religious and atheistic). I try to find a nice balance in order to question the historical use of the Bible and so far I've found the Bible to complement history quite well which increases my faith tenfold. In regarding things you may not understand that may make you feel further from God I would definitely ask on sites like this things you don't understand where devoted Christians and good people can give you answers. For example just yesterday I read Deuteronomy and was EXTREMELY dumbfounded of the stuff I read, but honestly I got one simple answer and it cleared my conscious. It wasn't because I'm a disillusioned Christian and that one explanation is good enough for me(get used to be called delusional by militant atheist yet their knowledge is limited to a 10 minute google search), but because it made reasonable sense to me and reaffirmed my belief that God is a God of justice and love. I'm a total noob Christian like seriously I didn't believe in God two months ago, but reading the Bible and viewing the history that supports the Bible really helps my faith so yeah...maybe it can help you too?.......I'll shut up now lol.:cool: Peacceeee:)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think I'm on the path that you are on. I feel like I am new on my path to redemption. I believed in Jesus and accepted him when I was in third grade. Since then I have managed to dab into atheism and then reside in agnosticism. It wasn't until this past summer that God found me again. I don't go to church because I'm a little nervous to get back into it, but I watch a ton of sermons by good pastors and that helps, but honestly what helps me is reading the Bible. When I read the Bible my faith grows, but when I stop reading it I literally find myself wanting to rebel against God. I would keep questioning everything but don't get too far into biased websites(both religious and atheistic). I try to find a nice balance in order to question the historical use of the Bible and so far I've found the Bible to complement history quite well which increases my faith tenfold. In regarding things you may not understand that may make you feel further from God I would definitely ask on sites like this things you don't understand where devoted Christians and good people can give you answers. For example just yesterday I read Deuteronomy and was EXTREMELY dumbfounded of the stuff I read, but honestly I got one simple answer and it cleared my conscious. It wasn't because I'm a disillusioned Christian and that one explanation is good enough for me(get used to be called delusional by militant atheist yet their knowledge is limited to a 10 minute google search), but because it made reasonable sense to me and reaffirmed my belief that God is a God of justice and love. I'm a total noob Christian like seriously I didn't believe in God two months ago, but reading the Bible and viewing the history that supports the Bible really helps my faith so yeah...maybe it can help you too?.......I'll shut up now lol.:cool: Peacceeee:)
Welcome in the faith noo-B :)
You're right stick with the Scriptures.
The Books I find that are crucially foundational in getting a firm planting in the Word are ...
Genesis.
John,
Romans,
Acts and Galatians.

The others are very important as well but I find those listed are the first layer for your foundation.