Giants in the Bible & Recent History

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
The most infamous giant, Goliath!
I Samuel 17

1. Now the Philistines gathered together their armies to battle, and were gathered together at Shochoh, which belongeth to Judah, and pitched between Shochoh and Azekah, in Ephesdammim.
  2. 2 And Saul and the men of Israel were gathered together, and pitched by the valley of Elah, and set the battle in array against the Philistines.
  3. 3 And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them.
  4. 4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
  5. 5 And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.
  6. 6 And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.
  7. 7 And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.
  8. 8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.
  9. 9 If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.
  10. 10 And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.

P

persistent

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Robert Wadlow - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Robert_Wadlow

View attachment 244251
Robert Pershing Wadlow (February 22, 1918 – July 15, 1940), also known as the Alton Giant and the Giant of Illinois, was a man who was the tallest person in ...
Known for: Verified tallest human
Died: July 15, 1940 (aged 22); Manistee, Michi...
Height: 8 ft 11.1 in (272.0 cm)
Born: Robert Pershing Wadlow; February
I was told by guys who read the book of Enoch, that Enoch actually wrote it and that it was supposed to be inspired Scripture.
I listened to a few of the experts and realized when a pagan witch showed me his Book, that it was bogus. Then I found out there were other books claiming the same title. I read portions and realized at first glance that they were bogus too. When I saw the height of the giants, they would make king Kong look like a tiny toy. It was laughable.
The Bible gave actual heights of these giants that were in reasonable comparison to this man. The Book of Genesis is correct, but at least I settled in my mind that there are still a lot of books claiming Divine inspiration, but are not.