GIFTS TO THE UNSAVED?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

webchatter

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR INTERPRETATION OF 1CORINTHIANS13:1-6 IN REGARD TO THIS QUESTION: HAVE THESE GIFTS BEEN BESTOWED BY GOD UPON THE UNSAVED TOO, OR DID THEY LOSE THEIR SALVATION BY WORSHIPPING THEIR GIFT RATHER THAN THE GIVER OF THE GIFT? ONCE THE GIFT IS GIVEN, IS IT TAKEN AWAY BECAUSE OF LACK OF CHARITY/LOVE?
OR WERE THESE GIFTS GIVEN BY GOD, GIVEN TO THEM AS A CHILD, WHEN THEY HAD MUCH FAITH, BUT HAD NO PRIDE & WERN'T PUFFED UP?
FOR EXAMPLE, I KNEW SOME PEOPLE WHO WENT TO JIM JONES' ORIGINAL CHURCH. THEY CLAIM THAT HE HAD GIFTS FROM GOD INCLUDING HEALING. AFTER A WHILE THESE PEOPLE LEFT HIS HUMBLE 1ST CHURCH, BECAUSE THEY SAID HE STARTED DOING FAKE HEALINGS.
THE NON CHRISTIAN PEOPLE I SEE ON TV WHO USUSALLY MAKE SUCH GENERAL CLAIMS TO AN ENTIRE AUDIENCE, THAT SOMEONE IS BOUND TO FIT INTO THIER "KNOWLEGDE/GIFT", I JUST CONSIDER THEM SNAKE OIL SALESMEN WITH NO GIFT AT ALL, EXCEPT THEFT & PREYING ON THE GRIEF STRICKEN.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO MAY APPEAR TO HAVE A GIFT FROM GOD, YET DO NOT PROFESS CHRISTIANITY, OR ARE OFTEN WRONG IN PROPHECY, & SOMETIMES CORRECT.
(NOT SPOKEN PRESUMPTUOUSLY). SO WERE THOSE PEOPLE GIFTED, THEN BECAME PROUD OF THE GIFT, YET THE GIFT WAS NOT TAKEN BACK, WHILE THEY CONTINUED TO SPEAK THINGS WHEN THEY KNOW GOD DIDN'T TELL THEM TO? (FOR MORE ATTENTION).
1- "though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal"2- "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."
4-Charity suffereth long, and is kind, charity envieth not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5= doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. 6- rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth."

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Fruit of a loving, kind, gentle heart?...... charity.

without charity you may as well not know all things or speak in tongues.

Our Heart must be right first, then any gift can be used effectively indeed for its purpose of Good.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
The way I see it is this way:

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.